[Delete Please]

Started by Lost_Hope, May 31, 2008, 07:21:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost_Hope

May 31, 2008, 07:21:26 am Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:09:08 pm by Lost_Hope
Ok, for those of you who haven't read the topic Light: The darkening Hour, this is an Up-to-date version of that game with major differences.

Spoiler: ShowHide
BG Story
  There is a world known by the name of Xerenelle that holds all of the world's precious and most deadly dreams. A land of dreams, you might say.  This land was once ruled my a powerful king named Malachi 1000 years ago (Xerenelle time). This world was created when five friends met and their imaginations entwined together creating this beautiful land of bounty. King Malachi had twin sons : Vinxe and Xaon. Vinxe would grow up to be a powerful hero while Xaon would be the great destroyer and warlord upon the land. Xaon killed Malachi and assumed the thrown and with his power, he cast Vinxe out into the harsh wilderness and sent assassins to kill him. Vinxe grew stronger in the desert and returned to the kingdom to fight Xaon. The two clashed with the twin blades of Asenoth. The blades where created from the same magical mythril and given to each of the twins. One sword was evil while the other was good. The blades kept the balance over the land. Vinxe was a tough opponent and so was Xaon. The two were so equal that they destroyed themselves, leaving only the blades in their wake. The blades now hold the souls of their masters.
  Vinxe is now a 1000 year old spirit, awaiting for Sean to become ready for his destiny. Sean knows nothing about the land only the name, for he wrote a story with the name in it. Vinxe has watched over Sean for 1000 years (of Xerenelle time) keeping him safe. Now the tie has come. Xaon's spirit soon finds a way (just as Vinxe did) to release his spirit out of the sword. The only problem is that he can only posses someone who is willing to accept his spirit within their own. Vinxe awaits to enter Sean's and he knows who Xaon is after...the fate of Xerenelle runs deep...

Main Story
 Sean is 16 years old when a man's voice appears to hi in a dream. Sean wonders who the man is but he does not say. He warns Sean that two of his friends will disappear within a month of the dream. When the dream is over, Sean speaks to no one about it and the vision comes true. Colton and Chris disappear one month later. Sean Ben and Tyler are in anguish over their friend's disappearance but Sean still refuses to talk to anyone about his dream.
 Two years later, the man's voice returns to him and warns Sean that he will soon disappear along with his remaining friends. The next morning, Sean leaves a note to his parents and decides to tell Tyler and Ben what really happened two years ago. When he gets to school, he tries to tell Tyler and Ben, but Sean and Ben break out into a fist fight.
  When the fight goes on, Sean swings at Ben and Ben disappears. He then looks over at Tyler and he too disappears. Sean is left standing there and he looks at his hands. He looks as though he is degrading and soon, disappears. Sean awakens on the top of a mountain surrounded by four pillars. He wonders where he is and makes his way down the mountain. At the end of the mountain there is a desert and he faints...Sean's Destiny has only Just begun...

Screen Shots:

Final Demo : Around 93.MB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JN7AOWAZ
This is the final Demo complete with longer story, more secret scenes and voice acting! I hope you enjoy!

Characters:
COMING SOON

Blizzard

You can delete your own topics. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Lost_Hope

May 31, 2008, 01:07:44 pm #2 Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 02:48:18 pm by Lost_Hope
This game will be the best ever conceived! especially with the last battle scene being  +15 minutes of anime action created by me!

oh and I will be releasing another demo to show what the battlers look like and the fighting. This will feature characters that you have not seen yet and it will also be in the land of Xerenelle.

Starrodkirby86

Here's some of the screenshots. Now of course, I'm not a photographic extraordinaire, but due to the extreme tiny length of the demo (He's right, it is short!), I can only spawn out some screenshots...

I might as well give my critique of it because I played it. I would assume this is a pretty early game you made, considering this is all of the skills a novice-intermediate sort of RPG Maker skill. Not that I'm against it, I see what techniques you used I would use in the past. It's kind of nostalgic. Because of that, I'm not exactly treating you as harshly as I would, since there are a lot of errors I'm noticing. The easiest to find out is the spelling and grammar. I'll give an example of a word I remember that was misspelled, "Disappear". Can't remember the rest, but you get me. Grammar is not much of an issue actually, I didn't know why I put it there. Some words get cut off because of the Message Box limit, tend to avoid that, as it really looks choppy.

The storyline is pretty interesting actually. It's very casual, away from the Fantasy part, and relates more to a modern part. It also contains some friendship bonds, but I can't tell with the characters easily considering the short length of the game. My favorite part of the story, which is completely unintentional, but my favorite again is Colton's House. It was supposed to be depressing, but it was so humorous when you made almost every piece of furniture a single event with a message box, "Colton's so-and-so". It would be like..."Colton's Dresser", "Colton's Piano", and whatever oddity. Such memories.

There is also one problem I noticed. It is minor, but it can affect whatever. You can still exit the school when class is dismissed. Because of this, Ben reverts back to his seat, and you can talk to him there instead of out of class. Tyler will appear at his usual position, but Ben and Sean will be in the classroom where they are.

I can't wait for the storyline to develop more actually...

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Lost_Hope

nearly everyone of those problems have been fixed...oh and the piano, I'm trying to find a script that will let you play it...

Did you find the secret item in Colton's Chimney? in order to find it, you must leave then come back..one of those passage ways will be open...

also I added a more human touch to the town. There are more people and there is a dog chasing a cat...yep...

I also added more journal entries to Ben's journal. If you read them all you get an item...

Oh and the school thing was fixed too...

Lost_Hope

ok I am testing out the new demo before I compress it. It has nearly all the same things as the first one but with a more 'human' touch and more surprises.

the new demo will be uploaded tonight.

Sally

did u read the 2 peoples gornals?

Lost_Hope

ok the newest demo is added...

in other news...I just added voice acting at the beginning of the game. There is also some more in another area.
(This is not of the demo version)

I will release another demo with that plus Sean's first encounters of Xerenelle...ya...the demo may have to be 30 mins but that's chump change compared to how long the game will be!

Juan

How long will your game be? So fair I think its intersting and I might play sometime.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Lost_Hope

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Lost_Hope on June 01, 2008, 11:37:41 am
60+ if not more

60+ Hours or 60+ Minutes? I'm assuming hours, but there's always the chance that...yeah.

If it's longer than 60 hours, then dang, that's longer than Final Fantasy IV, almost as long as Mother 3, and longer than Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn...Crazy stuff. Oh well.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Lost_Hope

ya....I hope its hours too....lol

yes its hours...that includes the side quests and getting the ultimate weapons...it may be more than that depending what the story evolves into

Starrodkirby86

June 01, 2008, 12:11:59 pm #12 Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 12:15:55 pm by Starrodkirby86
Oh goodness. And I played the second demo Lost. The spelling errors are still there, they're just a pet peeve. But of course, side quests and etcetera, okay. So I played it once more, but I'm unsure of how this happened. Was this intentional?

I got Death Penalty anyway. I thought you just always get that, since in the first demo, that was the item I had instead of School Books. Oh, and I couldn't get the past that school conversation, after some Move Events, everyone froze...So yeah. I didn't know if that was intentional as well. :P

EDIT: I looked at your RPG-XP, and man it is confusing. All the maps have the Tree thing, going one down and one down, that will bite back in the end, in my opinion, since that horizontal arrow key is going to stretch out oh so much. Also, I looked at the switches, and you didn't give them a single name! Wow, I'm amazed at that, at how much memory you might have...

Lost_Hope

OK THE FINAL DEMO IS UP!

IT SHOULD RUN SMOOTH BECAUSE MY FRIEND PLAYED IT FINE!

Lost_Hope

OK WELL NOT MANY KNOW BUT i HAVE STARTED A PODCAST WITH MY STUDIO!
This is episode one in a long series of podcasts explaining the creation of my game, development, art, members, and when the game is completed, a weekly walkthrough!

here is the link to the first podcast!
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNtrbK5aYBw[url]

p.s. this podcast is the worst one I will ever make!

Calintz

Haha, hey you ended up using that character set I made for you!! :)