3DS Price Drop

Started by winkio, July 28, 2011, 03:13:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/07/nintendo-3ds-price-drop/

from $250 to $170, that's 33% off the launch price, only a few months after release.  Granted, they are giving away a bunch of free games to those who have already bought it for the launch price.  Still, I wonder what they are up to?  Maybe they needed some short term cash at launch because of the lack of software, but now that all their franchises are releasing, they are trying to generate more profit by selling more consoles?  If that was the long term strategy, it's pretty brilliant.  Also it makes sony's new PSP look a lot more expensive now, on top of the fact that it doesn't have as many good games.

Anyways glad I waited to buy one, I'll be happy to pay much less when August 12th rolls around.

Spaceman McConaughey

July 28, 2011, 03:25:31 pm #1 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 03:29:53 pm by Tuggernuts
You cannot even accurately judge how many good games the new PSP has. It's not even out yet. :P

EDIT:
Anywho, to not tred off topic;
Glad I got it before the price cut. I look forward to my free NES games as long as I get Donkey Kong, Mario Brothers, Zelda, and Metroid. If not, oh well. I find most NES games to be generally awful. And as for the GBA games, awesome. More good there than NES.

Vell

They did the same thing with the original DS if i remember correctly.

winkio

With the original DS it was a smaller drop (25%) and it happened later, I think somewhere between 6 and 9 months after launch.

element

Yeah and they didn't give me free games back then :/