[C#] GIF Ripper

Started by ForeverZer0, August 03, 2011, 11:44:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

August 03, 2011, 11:44:40 pm Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:07:19 pm by ForeverZer0
GIF Ripper
Authors: ForeverZer0
Version: 1.0

Introduction

Have you ever wanted to extract the individual frames from a .gif file, but found it tedious to do in a normal graphics program?  Your problems are no more!  This application can batch rip all the frames from hundreds of .gif images at once, and within seconds.  It supports reading web addresses, so you don't even need to download the file to rip it.  All output files can be saved in one of six different formats, so there should be no need to convert them again afterwards.  Perfect getting them images from animations to your masterpiece spriteset.

Features

• Lightweight, fast, and requires no installation

• Supports outputting in six formats (.png, .jpg, .bmp, .tff, .exf, .gif)

• Supports reading URLs

• Simple and intuitive interface

• Can import .gif files by simply dragging and dropping onto the window

Screenshots

Add your files...: ShowHide

Click to rip and convert: ShowHide

Input File: ShowHide

Output Files: ShowHide

Download

Requires Microsoft's .NET Framework 2.0 or higher.  Download and install if the program fails to start.

GIF Ripper.exe (181 KB)

Credits and Thanks

• ForeverZer0

Author's Notes

This application is protected under the following license:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)

Please report any bugs/issues you have so they can be resolved.
Enjoy!
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Spaceman McConaughey

Always wanted something like this! :D

Although, PoV's character bio gifs are now not safe. ;-;

G_G

They are perfectly safe, unless you have an animated frame for each direction posted.

Spaceman McConaughey

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Been a while since I actually stared at the gif images of them. xD

Dweller

A very usefull tool and you share it with us, thanks!

lvlups!
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

G_G

Now ForeverZer0. I ask of you to make a better GIF creation tool. The one I made uses a terrible gif library. Leaves weird pixels and screws with backgrounds.