Do I need to go?

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, August 06, 2011, 08:52:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

August 06, 2011, 08:52:26 pm Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:35:02 pm by Tuggernuts
Because I really don't have to, AT ALL.

Here's the thing, my family is going on vacation soon, and expect me to go with them. I know that sounds selfish and rude, but I hate with a passion the place we always go to this time of the year. The beach. Where I have to be around family, forced to sit by the fucking camp fire and chat when I do not want to, plenty of opportunities where people set me up to embarrass myself, public showers which have spiders on every nook and cranny of the ceiling that always leap on me and try to bite me, ect. ect.

I honestly do not want to go, and now feel since I'm 18, I do not have to, regardless of what they say.
The rules of the house that I have to follow, extend to about... the house. After that, they can go fuck themselves for all I care, I should not have to listen to them.
Whenever I bring up getting my own place, they tell me how unprepared I am. Which is 100% their fault. Two years ago, I asked the lazy fucks to take me to the DMV to get a license, and did they? "You're not getting a license! You'll kill someone on the road because you're always so angry!"
I ask now-a-days, see, and I get a "You're not getting a license! You'll kill someone on the road because you're always so angry!". I would gladly go get the fucking thing myself, trust me, but the DMV is all the way across the city, which they know when there are times they tell me to get it myself.
Then I need to get a job, but nobody is hiring in driving/walking distance from me, so do you see the problem presented there? And would they actually take me to go get job apps there, let alone drive me to and from work if I got a job? Fuck no. So this leads me to believe they're setting me up, and putting me in a position where they have power over me, when I cannot do a fucking thing at all. AT ALL. Would something like that hold up in court? Because this has been putting me through emotional distress for YEARS.

EDIT:
OH HAR FUCKING HAR! I am not allowed to eat unless I go on the trip with them, because there's nothing I can eat in this house, and they're doing all shopping before they go on the trip, and taking all food with them.

My head hurts, I cannot fucking take this. They literally anger me so much, I can kill someone, and I'd BE JUST AS FUCKING MAD BEFORE I KILLED THE PERSON.

Taboo

If its really that big a deal, then just apply for emancipation. You shouldn't have to though, you're 18 now. Just ask a friend to drive you to get your licence. But really, you shouldn't have to go.

winkio

yurp, solution is to get friends.  You could try looking on craigslist for a group that are sharing a place that needs an extra guy, and then hitch rides with one of the people that you move in with.

Spaceman McConaughey

Well, I already do have friends, just not all of them drive/would be able to give me a ride.

And I guess it'd be cool to move in with some people, but then I'd need a job to pay rent. I'll try and get this all sorted.

Blizzard

Once you have a license, you can find a job and once you have a job and cash-flow, you can move out.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

the job will probably be the hardest part.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

SBR*

August 07, 2011, 04:11:20 am #6 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:12:48 am by SBR*
Hmm... What is a DMV license? I guess it doesn't exist in Holland XD.
But I'm sorry, I can't help you for I don't have experience with this at all.

Why I'm posting this? Well, I'm darn surprised how a lot of members seem to have family-problems - either big or small. That makes me realise how lucky I am with the family I have. My grandmother is impatient as hell, my mother perhaps is a bit overprotecting and my father has a really loud voice, but we can laugh about it and everything's fine. It really surprises me...

Taboo

SBR, GTF, no one wants to hear about your perfect family. :V:

SBR*

Quote from: Taboo on August 07, 2011, 10:26:27 am
SBR, GTF, no one wants to hear about your perfect family. :V:

I'm sorry that I'm lucky :V:...

EDIT: And I need to get the fuck? lolwut?