Dirt Cheap Hosting

Started by G_G, August 07, 2011, 07:17:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Branden and I are trying to raise some money for Decisive Media. We setup a WePay donation page. For a one time fee you can get some nice benefits.

What are our benefits?

• Package: Bonus - 15+ US Dollars

• Package: Super - 20+ US Dollars

• Bonus Benefits

• Email Account

Decisive Media Member Bonuses

• Package: Basic - Any Amount (Receive one of the following)

• Custom Board + Moderation status of said board.

• Custom Group + Management of Group Members

• Package: Bonus
    • Same as above + 1 basic option

• Package: Super
    • Same as above + Both Basic options

One time fee?
Yes, you will only have to pay a 1 time fee. Then you get the mentioned benefits. No monthly/annual fees.

How long do I keep these?
You keep your benefits for as long as we keep our host. Our next bill is due December, 2012, so you'll get until then if we don't have the money to pay. But! We most likely will.

Downsides
  • No cpanel. However you can get your own web/non-web clients for MySql and FileZilla.

I smell a scam
Really? I smell tuna.
I get it, why should you trust an offer that sounds too good to be true? Well for one, I'm an honest person, I'm pretty well known here at Chaos Project, I'm sure Blizzard could at least vouch for me. Its up to you to decide whether or not you trust me. I'm not posting this to scam. I'm trying to improve our site. I'd never do anything to rip anyone off, I wouldn't risk damaging Chaos Project's reputation, let alone mine.

So when will I get my account?
Within 24 hours of payment. It is dirt cheap hosting so we don't have automated servers to do this for us. I'm usually on the computer almost 24/7 and if I can't get to it, Branden will. If you haven't received details about your account within 24 hours, contact either me or Branden here on Chaos Project.

Alright seriously, whats the catch? One time fee? 50 GB of space?
There is no catch. Seriously. This is probably one of the cheapest hosting solutions you'll find.

I might just take you up on this offer, where do I pay?
Our page is setup here at WePay.
WePay.

Note on Donating
When you are donating, you will be brought up a form. If you are not a member of Decisive Media, just put your email as the Username. If later on you become a member of Decisive Media and you'd like the member benefits, just let either Branden or me know, be sure to tell us the e-mail you entered so we can check.

Feeling nice?
If you just want to donate a little feel free! Be sure to join Decisive Media if you're not going to buy a web package, that way you'll get some cool benefits on the site.

More love from us
Due to recent issues and problems with one of our awesome member, Taiine, a chunk of the proceeds will be sent to her via Check through the mail since she no longer has internet.

The Niche

December 2012? Ah it's fine then, I'll rent some hosting until the apocalypse.

:V:
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!