[Finished] [RGSS] MsgPack Serialization Implementation in Zer0 RGSS

Started by Blizzard, August 13, 2011, 07:12:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

MsgPack Serialization Implementation in Zer0 RGSS

Description

MsgPack::Dump and MsgPack::Load need to be implemented.
Because datafiles will be in the msgpack format, load_data in Ruby needs to be implemented through usage of the MsgPack::Load method.

Priority

Medium.

Prerequisites

MsgPack serialization modules for Python and Ruby

Assigned

Blizzard

Everything else

The task is not directly dependent on the implementation of the MsgPack serialization modules for Python and Ruby but on the definition of how the data will be serialized.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Ryex

so if I'm right you were going to try and convert the pure ruby module to c++ that invokes ruby? I know I did that with something else but I can't remember what. it was annoying and tedious, good luck!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Don't worry. It's not a big deal to port it myself. I don't have to use a special tool or something.
I might get this time done even today, depends on how tired I'll be after work.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

I am marking this task as finished because I have implemented the C++ version of our own serialization procedure.