SandBox MMO All-in-One Tileset

Started by Jumpman, August 14, 2011, 11:19:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpman

August 14, 2011, 11:19:41 pm Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:44:00 am by Jumpman
So I made this tileset for a Sandbox MMO style game. It has every tileset that RMXP comes with compiled into one huge tileset.
This allows the developer to make one giant map using every tile. This is also handy because if the creator wishes to add a map to the existing set, they would simply tack it on the bottom of the compiled set, which will not interfere with anything you have already created using the set allowing you to update your game infinitely.

I have learned and used SO much from this site because I suck. Thanks to Blizz, Game_Guy, Aqua, and Jackolas. You guys are my heroes. It's not much but I wanted to give back to the community and hopefully someone finds it as useful as I do.

(Shows multiple tilesets used on one map.)
Sample Preview
Spoiler: ShowHide

It's so big that I can't actually display it correctly. So here is a mediafire link to download it. If I need to distribute it another way just let me know. I put the link in spoilers.

*NOTE*
You will need to still add the auto tiles. This does not contain any autotiles. If I have time I will try to add all of the autotiles.

EDIT
You will still need to setup up pass-ability and priority for the tileset.

G_G

Well I'm glad I'm looked up to! ^_^ I'm one of the laziest people here.

You're not the first to do this but its nice you're giving to the community. But its been explained here before as well that having a huge tileset like this isn't the best. It increases loading time. And of course you're only limited to 7 autotiles. Instead of creating one huge tileset, instead it'd be recommended to merge a few similar tilesets into one.

Still, it was a nice gesture, and I am quite flattered. Thanks for sharing. :3

Jumpman

Thanks. I was trying to find a tileset like this, so I used gimp and made my own. I wasn't thinking about the performance  :facepalm: Thanks for the tip!

element

August 15, 2011, 03:37:12 am #3 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:44:53 pm by element
Nicely done,
still if you'd want to use this in rmxp you'll need to set up all passability things and priority things.
If someone is looking for that, I think I still have that on my Pc
It's probably also somewhere on the forums...

Jumpman

Yeah I forgot to add that tid bit in the original post. I'll make an edit. Thanks element.

iRemilia