Never Ending Script Problem

Started by InfinateX, August 17, 2011, 04:51:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

InfinateX

August 17, 2011, 04:51:28 am Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:53:45 am by InfinateX
I tried to right a script! That should be enough but unfortunatley it isn't if I want help :P

My Script is called Full Body Equipment. It feature armor 9 equip slots apposed to the classic 4. The only problem I recieve when I try to end this script is at the very end. There is a problem with the word end.

Would I be able to get private help cause I promised OD my first script would e excluive to them ^_^

Sorry for any inconvinience
I made a signature!

Twb6543

August 17, 2011, 05:13:25 am #1 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:41:33 am by Twb6543
First of all, Quite a lot of spelling errors.

Second PM me it and I'll have a look into the problems.

First of all, there are quite a lot of spelling errors in your post.

Secondly, PM me it and I'll take a look at the problems.

Also My 100th Post  :D
If you put a million monkeys at a million keyboards, one of them will eventually write a Java program.
The rest of them will write Perl programs.

AngryPacman

I posted at OD, so I think he should be right.
G_G's a silly boy.

G_G

Its either because you have too many "end"s or you don't have enough. You most likely forgot one when creating a method, adding a branch, creating a class.

InfinateX

Spell Check:
I tried to right a script! That should be enough but unfortunately it isn't if I want help

My Script is called Full Body Equipment. It feature armor 9 equip slots apposed to the classic 4. The only problem I recieve when I try to end this script is at the very end. There is a problem with the word end.

Would I be able to get private help cause I promised OD my first script would be excluive to them ^_^

Sorry for any inconvinience

The only spelling errors I found was a missing s, a missing b, and 2 backwards letters :/
I made a signature!

Twb6543

Check again:
I tried to write a script! That should be enough but unfortunately it isn't if I want help

My Script is called Full Body Equipment. It feature armour 9 equip slots apposed to the classic 4. The only problem I receive when I try to end this script is at the very end. There is a problem with the word end.

Would I be able to get private help, because I promised OD my first script would be exclusive to them ^_^

Sorry for any inconvenience

And also it would make more sense like this:

Spoiler: ShowHide
I tried to write a script! Unfortunately I got any error and I need some help.

My Script is called Full Body Equipment. It adds 5 new equipment slots to the default 4. The only problem I receive when I try to write this script is at the very end, with the word end.

Would I be able to get private help, because I promised OD my first script would be exclusive to them ^_^

Sorry for any inconvenience
If you put a million monkeys at a million keyboards, one of them will eventually write a Java program.

winkio

Quote from: Twb6543 on August 18, 2011, 12:50:43 pm
My Script is called Full Body Equipment. It feature armour 9 equip slots apposed to the classic 4.

armor is actually the American spelling, the spelling used in RMXP, and thus is correct.

ForeverZer0

I thought this topic was for script troubleshooting, why has it turned into a grammar/spelling class?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

AngryPacman

Because I already helped him at OD, and he doesn't care about it any more.
Also,

My script is called Full Body Equipment. It features 9 equip slots apposed to the classic 4. The only problem I receive when I try to end this script is at the very end. (WHAT?!?) There is a problem with the word end.

So, uh, I told you what to do. Script fixed.
G_G's a silly boy.

Twb6543

August 19, 2011, 05:13:45 am #9 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:34:36 am by Twb6543
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on August 18, 2011, 05:17:19 pm
I thought this topic was for script troubleshooting, why has it turned into a grammar/spelling class?

Mainly because I complained about the grammar in the first post.   :)
I also think that anybody wanting help or requesting a script should try and make their post as easy to read as possible as bad grammar may result in miscommunication or people not taking interest in the topic.

Quote from: winkio on August 18, 2011, 01:52:19 pm
armor is actually the American spelling, the spelling used in RMXP, and thus is correct.

I'm British and yes it was correct in terms of RMXP, I just automatically go for the British spelling of armour.

Spaceman McConaughey

August 19, 2011, 05:20:59 am #10 Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:24:46 am by Tuggernuts
Quote from: Twb6543 on August 17, 2011, 05:13:25 am
First of all, that is quite a lot of spelling errors in your post.

Secondly, PM me it and I'll take a look into the problems.

So like, I decided I should fix that up for you to make it an all around better post in terms of readability and grammar.

Now, always remember this bit of information:
Watch your own posts before you comment on others, or something like what I just did will happen~! <3

Twb6543

I know my grammar isn't perfect, and you are correct that I do need to check my own posts before posting, but what I normally do is just that. Sometime mistakes do slip past but usually I read each of my posts about 5 times to minimise the grammar and spelling mistakes.

I use Google Chrome which helps to keep most of the spelling correct and also for words I am unsure about I just google them.

One of the main reasons why I dislike bad grammar, is that I have Verbal Dyspraxia which effects coordination and speech. When I was younger nobody could understand what I said. I found that with better grammar in writing and also speaking helped other people to understand me, so I usually try and encourage people to use better grammar and spelling is to make it easier for other users to understand.

One of the other reasons I suggest good grammar and spelling is that translators like Google Translate have an easier time which means the post can be read by a greater community of people.

I was once on a forum that allowed a poster to get away with very bad grammar which resulted in about 50% of his posts were unreadable.

Also thank you for pointing out the grammar mistake in my first post, I can't believe I missed it.  :facepalm:

Spaceman McConaughey

InfinateX

Just saying that when I was a toddler I had a similar problem, so I went to speech therapy (I couldn't hear words properly), which has helped a lot (now I can brag about being able to read at the age of 2  :haha: jk I don't brag about it)

Also, a few typing errors doesn't make problems for people reading it unless there IQ is kind of low  ;)

I don't use google chrome but I have tinySpell (a spell-checker) and I use it when it's important. So far I haven't had very many reasons to use it cause my spelling is good (with the exception of when I type too fast  :ninja:)

I'm just saying
I made a signature!

ForeverZer0

This thread needs to get back on topic.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

AngryPacman

Quote from: InfinateX on August 19, 2011, 07:46:57 pm
Also, a few typing errors doesn't make problems for people reading it unless there IQ is kind of low  ;)
Not only is that incredibly wrong, it's outstandingly pretentious. I have an IQ of about 145 and I get really confused when people make spelling and grammar errors. That could be attributed to my OCD, but I'm painting a point here.
G_G's a silly boy.

ForeverZer0

Spaceman McConaughey

To get back on topic:

Sorry, but I cannot help with your script. And from what I understand, you've already received help a few times, that should have been the help you needed.

InfinateX

well I cant close this and I guess there are medical problems for ot understanding but I don't think Obsesive Compulsive Disorder would be a factor... At least not in the cases I've heard about :/
I made a signature!

ForeverZer0

I'm locking this since all warnings are apparently being ignored.