Blizz-abs Boss creator Addon with Configuration Program. Proposal.

Started by Magus, August 15, 2011, 06:20:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus

Blizz-abs Boss creator Addon with Configuration Program.

1. The program loads up your data.
2. Select the map you created for the boss.
3. The program will load its image so you can imagine the boss's paths
4. Scale out the boss's movement paths, attack sequences, etc. And whenever it gets to a certain amount of HP, it can change it to
another pattern. (ex. pattern 2)  [Maybe a drawable paths system as if you're using a pencil from paint to point out where the boss will move during each phase)
5. Instead of blizz-abs forced skills, this easy-to-use program will allow you to force the boss to use a skill and you can choose the path of the projectile. (diagonal,multiplepaths,horizontal, etc)
6. Built-in boss enemy generator system. For bosses that like to spit out enemies or eggs.
7. Boss explosion system. (which simply uses blizz-abs' system)
8. Phase system. Though optional and idea for final bosses, the boss will switch patterns, attacks, etc. You can increase difficulty of the boss during each phase.
9. Built-in teleportation system. No more "Set event locations." Or whatever you use. For those that like to create teleporting bosses, you simply select teleportation points. Whenever you make your boss use teleport, it will teleport to one of your spots. You can even make it use a skill after that.
10. Shockwave system. You know those visible colored shockwaves that bosses like K. Rool(dk64) use. Well that. To evade the attack, you can put Blizz-abs' jumping to use or you can select the option to have it evadable by simply defending.
11. Flying system. You can't attack the boss when its high in the air. You can even make it drop bombs(that can create mini shockwaves) while in the air. Or make it do other various things
12. Background attacking system. You know those bosses that like to jump in the background and unleash its fury upon the player. Yes, that.
13. True Gaint Beam system. Bosses that unleash giant white beams. The default beam will be white. You are free to edit it though.
14. Jumpable beam. For those that set blizz-abs jumping to ON, you can make a beam that sweeps horizontally or something like that, and the player can jump over it to avoid getting damaged. You can set its damage by percentage. Same with gaint beam which strikes one area and can create a shockwave(if you check that).
15. Meteor system. (or multiple fireball shooting system.) Boss shoots a set amount of fireballs into the air. They come crashing down. The player must keep moving around to dodge them. You can set the speed of this as well.
16. Health system. Simple, use the boss health system that was made by LiTTleDRAgo. In fact, this system, with his permission, will have that built in.
17. Granite or Wild color system. Whenever the boss is charging up some insane attack or even the giant beam, it will flash a bunch of colors or glow. You can even set a sound.
18. It uses a Script Generator System like Blizz-abs. The script will most likely be a three-parter or so.
19. And more...maybe...depends on the suggested ideas.

Before you began degrading this system or stating that you can event this, please don't. This is nothing but a mere idea and I may
fund the scripter(s) myself to create this once I build the funds.
You can't event this, at least not easily. (Imagine eventing this for ever single boss in the game. Believe me, I had to for Flame of Life one and Generations. Painful.] There maybe several different scripts similiar to the mentioned numbers above, but this system will have them all in one.
This script may be hard to create but that's why I'm willing to PAY the scripter(s) for his/her/their time.
Please comment, suggest to this system, or even lend a hand.Right now, I want to know
who are the scripters out there that want to make an extra buck and at the same time have Blizz-Abs' Ultimate son. Next to his older brother
Rexmos, BABSBCP will make Rpg Maker XP fun once again. The many options above will give people a chance to create hundreds of types of bosses
so that they will never be the same.
Also, since the system will use a lot of different built-in sprites, I may hire a/some spriter(s.)

Once again, this is simply a mere idea. Please don't object it harshly. Instead, please comment, assist, come up with ideas, etc.
I'll think about it and may fund this. I repeat, I'll probably gather the funds and
pay for this program to be made.

Any comments (other than "f*ck yourself" XD) are welcomed. Please level me down.(I'm a long time resident of the anti area) Thank you.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Boba Fett Link

Wow, that would be amazing! I've been wondering if some of that stuff was possible in BABS. I know nothing about scripting, but it would probably take a lot of time and effort.

For the meteorite system, there should be the option to make the meteorites fall randomly all over the screens or to make them target the player's location.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

winkio

Let's say someone does finish making this program.  Within months, people will already be complaining about the limitations, how it's missing such and such features, etc.  Instead of actually using the features built in, people will decide they want something different.  And then you can make version 2, which finally does include those new features.  Except now people say that it's too complex or hard to use.  Then you realize that you have to separate the special features from the base of the program and allow other people to customize it easily because nobody is ever going to be content with the system unless they can customize it exactly like they want, no matter how good it is.

G_G

Interesting concept. While possible to script, it would take awhile. It'd be a huge project. And I'd say the scripters here that are capable of this would be Blizzard, ForeverZer0, Ryex, winkio, and maybe myself if I learned about Blizz-ABS more. winkio is rewriting Blizz-ABS and enemies might have behaviors similar to what you want. Blizz, F0, Ryex, and myself are all working on ARC, and look at how little our team is getting done. So I doubt any of us would be able to find the time/want to do this. Along with knowing Blizz-ABS, you'd need to know some GUI programming language to create a config application. The listed people above would be more then capable of creating the application in .NET. But then comes more obstacles. We'd either need to use IronRuby or create our own Ruby serialization reader to get Ruby data. Blizzard has already done it so for the most part thats done. IronRuby is a pain to work with and communicating data between .NET and Ruby is just annoying.

Then comes displaying the map, we'd have to write our own Tilemap class. Which wouldn't be too hard but then comes loading of the tileset data. The map doesn't contain the graphic name of the tileset to load, it contains the tileset id. We would have to get the graphic name from the tilesets file itself. Alright time to comment on each thing you listed. Then the obstacle of the add-on itself. We'd have to do our own custom AI. But all of the things you listed are unique skills/ideas. They can be evented, and yes its a pain in the ass, but no one ever said creating a game was easy. Each thing listed is almost a script itself.

1. Of course.
2. Involve loading all MapInfos to get Map names, unless you just wanted to list by id
3. We'd have to load the Map file itself, get all the tile id's, get the tileset id, load the tilesets file, grab the tileset graphic, pain in the butt if you ask me. Would also require a custom tilemap class in .NET assuming this would be the program to use.
4. Conditions can do this. Using forced movement and conditional branches you could easily do this with events.
5. Thats still a forced skill. This would be more of a skill add-on than an AI add-on.
6. This seems to belong in its own program. To generate the script calls to create events. And doing something like this with events would be easy. Simple link a common event to a skill. Have the common event generate events near the boss's location. Then have the boss's skill animation represent a spitting animation if thats what you please.
7. Maybe something like a death animation? I assume thats what you mean. I think Blizz-ABS already has that.
8. Again use of conditional branches. As in increasing difficulty I'm positive there are script calls to change enemies behaviors.
9. This just seems silly to have the idea. Is using the Set Event command really too difficult?
10. Would be its own add-on. And this way it wouldn't be boss specific.
11. Simply change a graphic that "tricks" the eye into believing its floating. Simple shadow beneath the enemy. While in this state, set the enemies evasion to 100%. Or make the enemy invincible using ToA.
12. Put it in an unreachable point. Change the enemy graphic if you must to simulate a far away spot.
13. Blizz-ABS has that. I don't see what you mean exactly.
14. If it can't already be done in Blizz-ABS then its own script.
15. This would be its own script. This could be evented, it would be a bit difficult.
16. Do what you said.
17. Thats what animations are for. All you simply have to do is create states for these bosses. Give those states animations. Apply the state to the boss when he gets angry.
18. Since most of these would be their own script I don't actually see a need for a config program other then for The path setter and the event generator.
19. Nothing yet...More when you add more.

I'm not saying any of these ideas are bad. Not trying to put you down. I'm letting you know it probably won't happen. And it wouldn't need to be one huge script. The ideas are great. Most of them can probably be evented. And putting hard work into your project makes it all the more better. All the more unique. Thats why a lot of people give up. They realize they've hit a road block. Its either too hard or they can't figure it out and they just give up. Like me with Classic and all of my other projects. Some of them would require a script. But your idea wouldn't need to be one huge script. It'd just need to be a bunch of little Blizz-ABS add-ons.

I know you didn't want us to say "it can just be evented" but I said it anyways. Even offered basic ideas of doing it. And again I wasn't trying to discourage this. Simply implying of the likeliness of this happening and listing why it probably wouldn't and the difficulties of doing it. Again, some of these are nice ideas. It would be all the better if you evented them all yourself. People would be more impressed then if they saw that some script did it all for them.

By the way. Go fuck yourself! :V

EDIT: Winkio posted before I finished typing. What he said is probably more helpful then what I said. Which is why having these as their own add-ons would allow people to choose what they wanted.

Magus

Believe me, I did evented a lot of bosses. Here's one key point: 834737385934% of trial and error XD. BUT after reading a combination of Winkio's post and Game Guys, what originally planned to pay more $3000(estimated) (to get to project done) and probably $2000(small estimation) towards the schedule. But damn... It's the project I'm worried about. It's the future and its users... D: (Also, I'm a member of a few other places, and I also have my club, and people I know IRL. So you guys aren't the only ones I would propose this to. I'd gather a team with a maximum of 40.) Though I can easily gather the funds, sponsoring a project like this and getting this:

What result in complaints, moaning, more versions and no one will ever satisfied. D: --- comes naturally. I'm sorry you're going through that Winkio --I shall never complain (and I believe I have) again.  I can imagine how much it would cost per version. Though.  I'll have to keep my writing budget and this project budget far apart.

Edit:  But the gist of this is those mention ideas (in which some can be taken out to save space and time)  is just to have a program to render all of this. I could wait until after I take my programming classes to do this but D: this is pretty massive --so I'll definitely need some help.
I'd say a project like this with the people I know, my club, and a few members from the forums I attend (not all relating to just rmxp)-- this would take probably about 3-6 months --following a set schedule. Along with the 40, I can get a few people of my club to beta test and run diagnostics.

A project like this has to have a plan and a schedule; not a proposal a long. We can't just up and start this project-- it will fall within a matter of days.

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

G_G

I think you're going a bit overboard. xD Say this project were to happen. It would take winkio maybe a month or two I'm guessing. If 40 people were constantly working on this it wouldn't take 3-6 months. I bet Blizzard would take it on if you paid him that much money. I've asked him before if he'd be willing to do RMXP scripts for money even though he's retired. Anyways you're over thinking this. This script wouldn't be bigger then Blizz-ABS so I don't think it would take that long if we had one person constantly working on it. In fact with 40 people constantly working on it, it would probably take a month at the max.

Most of these would be small, simple add-ons to code. The only lengthy thing would be the boss paths/patterns. And the configuration program.

Magus

Ah. But yeah, I do have that many people willing to take on this project. I will simply request blzzard's position or pay him if he'd like. Right now, this is still in its planning phase..