[FIXED]Zelda(and many other games too) styled dropping and healing for Blizz-ABS

Started by Sin86, August 29, 2011, 01:44:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin86

Ok, so I would really like to have the abilty to get an destroyable object to drop a healing item.

Now, I know how to make it drop an item within the enemy database but when I destroy the object, I pick up the item and it will go into my inventory instead of it automatically healing me.

So, is there a way to make a healing drop from an object and have it heal me by touching it rather than it going into my inventory?

mroedesigns

Do it with events. Wherever you want the item to drop, have an event for it. First page keep the event graphic empty, second page put it to run when a certain switch (ie DropItem) is turned on. When the trap goes off, turn on the switch. Now on that second page, make the event touch-enabled, and have it heal the party or the actor or what-have-you.

Sin86

Here is what I did.

Placed an enemy on map, first page has the switch. I destroy it to turn on the switch. 2nd page is activated by switch and has the recovery item on it but right when I destroy it, the item breifly appears and quickly fades away.

Update on this: Found a way how to do it.

Like you said, with events.

1. Create object, put in a switch(like dropping item)
2. Create another event with picture of the healing item and set a switch to the switch condition that says "drop item"
3. Going back to the object, make a command using set event location under the drop item switch = on
4. Set the healing item's event to the same location as the object
5. Destroy object
6. Healing object appears.

Thanks alot, I appreciate it.

nathmatt

just have a parallel process that checks if that item is in the inventory heal use animation if needed remove the item.
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script