General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]

Started by Magus, September 02, 2011, 02:48:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus

September 02, 2011, 02:48:21 pm Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:06:25 pm by Magus
This is just a general question, not a proposal or anything. I just want to know, how much would you charge me if I asked you to make a custom battle system (CBS).

Here are some made up, rates. Please disregard them and correct me.

Edited typo: $100 (estimate) -   Unique Sideview battle system

._. I'm not listing abs here simply because Blizz-abs is better than any abs in existence when it comes to rmxp.

Tactical battle system. (meh) I'll let you decide this one..

Other:  Not sure about any other types here.

Anyway, this is what I'm thinking of buying:

A unique side view battle system --that's easy to use. (Note, I'm buying this script for myself. I'm not sure I'd be to happy if everyone else gets it free and I don't.) The reason I need this script is because, IN EACH flame of life, I switch battle systems.
Flame of life 1 uses blizz-abs. Flame of life 2 uses side view.  I can't go with tactics for FOL3 though because boss fights are needed and tactical boss fights aren't fun.

Eh scratch that above.......................If anything... Can anyone recommend any other battle system. I need one that doesn't bore me. Something that's unique --even a new type of battle system.

Please... before I get bored of Rgpxp.  I can't think of anything.  I'll probably pick from the suggest and pay a scripter to make it.

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Ryex

HA! $10? lol.

I personally would do it this way if I were to charge for making a script

1) create an overview of how the system would work and correct it with input form the requester (free, even if I don't make the script)
2) estimate how many man hours I would need to spend on the project
3) present the price of the script as $4 an hour on the estimate. that would be the final prove of the script even if I underestimated.
4) if by the time I made the script I spent less than the amount of time in my estimate I'll only charge for the hours I worked
5) a 20% upfront start fee would be charged if that 20% is $10 or more. the rest of the fee do on completion of the script.
7) if I fail to receive final payment the script goes public.
6) if a start fee was taken but for some reason I'm unable to finish the script I'll return the start fee, plus 10% of the fee if that 10% is more than $1.

as an estimate AnTBS (Asan'Tear Battle System) took around 25-30 man hours. now days I could probably do it in 20 or less (I had to learn a few things in the middle of making it) that means had I charged for it creation under this system it would of cost $120 at the full 30 hours or $80 at 20 hours.

if such cost sounds unreasonable to you then tough cookies.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Magus

typo.  I meant $100 (as an estimate.)    Sorry about that... But anyway, I can easily like budget around $50 PER SYSTEM.

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Blizzard

I just wanted to say that turning RMXP's default battle system into sideview is rather easy.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Quote from: Blizzard on September 02, 2011, 05:36:19 pm
I just wanted to say that turning RMXP's default battle system into sideview is rather easy.

this is true, such a takes would take about 5 hours MAX (if you know what your doing)
but he said he wanted a unique battle system, I take that to mean a design from the ground up.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

I'm assuming that the creation of the side view adds actor animations and a way to configure them for skills, items ect.

Blizzard

That's not the definition of sideview. You just change the actor battle sprite coordinates and change it so it uses the character sprite file with a proper src_rect instead of the battler sprite. There you have a sideview battle system. Nobody said anything about animated actors.

Magus

Anyway, Do any of you have any ideas for a brand new type of battle system?

Ryex

Magus

Ryex

I'll only make it for my game. and i'll only make it for ARC. and I'm not sure if i'll make a public version or not.

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex