Blizz-ABS minimap help :3

Started by ShadowPierce, September 04, 2011, 07:51:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowPierce

->I'm having a bit of problem with the passability detection of Blizz-ABS's minimap  :^_^':
Spoiler: ShowHide

The minimap looks kinda ugly, so I just want to block out those passable cells at the top, after the counter... I've tried using an impassable & invisible dummy tile but there are parts that can't have it... Help? Thanks in advance!  :haha:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

G_G

ShadowPierce

->@GG: The thing is, I'm using the tileset it uses for other maps... Never mind, I think I just got the solution... I'll make a new tileset with the same graphic with different passabilities... :P

@Janrae: I have no idea what that's supposed to be... Should I still try that out, or just proceed with my idea? :/

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

G_G

No don't use that script. First of all Blizz-ABS already has a minimap. He's not looking for a new one. It'll most likely clash with Blizz-ABS. He's trying to make tiles impassable on the minimap, he's not looking for a replacement. @Shadow: Yeah thats what I was thinking.

Blizzard

It's not really a bug so it's not something that can be fixed. It would require to check where you are on the map and then only show the accessible areas. But that will break maps where you can transition from one chunk of passable areas to another without changing the map and this is REALLY unexpected behavior. So you have to make those tiles impassable. Remember to use a blank impassable tile on the 3rd layer with priority 0. That should do the trick. I used that same method myself.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.