How my rage almost destroyed the world.

Started by Taboo, September 13, 2011, 10:51:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Taboo

Have any of you ever played Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions? Its a great game. Kinda difficult at times but brilliant. In battle, if one of your characters fall, you have 3 turns to revive them or they disappear and you can never use them again. Well, one of my best characters was Chamberlain. He was a ninja. Ninjas are extremely difficult to obtain. You must have the same character get Thief job level 5, Archer job level 4, Monk job level 4, and Geomancer job level 2. It took me hours of grinding. Well, while trying to grind a new character up before the next mission, my ninja fell. It happens often as I just have him rush in and kill 2-3 enemies and then he'll get swarmed, but I always resurrect him in time. Well, I forgot about him dying. And the three turns passed. I didn't realize this and I finished the battle. Then.....I saved.  :facepalm:

:negative:

ForeverZer0

That is a feeling that just sits in the pit of your stomach. 
I always just got a few good recruits at the start of the game, and kept them the whole way through.  I would be sick if I had lost them, then saved over it.  This is why a save to a backup file once about every 5 normal saves.  That way if I do screw something up totally, it might suck having to redo a few hours at most, but its not all lost. I learned this lesson the hard way before myself.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Taboo

I have two options. Start over, or attempt to train a new character. I think starting over is the only option really.

ForeverZer0

Yes, if you are anything like me and have a few OCD tendencies with this type of thing, the only option is to start over.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

You should just drop it and play an MMO instead.  At least you cant talk to people while you grind.