Adrenaline: my favorite 'drug'

Started by winkio, September 14, 2011, 12:38:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

Earlier this morning I was bored in class and I managed to go from a resting heart rate of 80 (it's high, that's how I am) to an adrenaline pumping rate of 240 or so.  Felt so great.

Also, if I pump a lot of adrenaline, I can speed up my perception of time.  Everything seems slower around me but I can move the same speed.  It's ridiculously cool.

Anyways, adrenaline is the best.

ForeverZer0

How did you do that? Do you mean through will-power?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

Usually I get really focused and think about hand to hand combat, fierce competition, or a life and death situation.

Spaceman McConaughey

winkio

ForeverZer0

If you were a REAL junky, you would actually engage in hand-to-hand combat in a fierce life-and-death situation. :V:

Anyways, that's a pretty cool skill. It may come in handy. Someday. For something.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

September 14, 2011, 01:39:44 am #6 Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:58:42 am by winkio
Yeah I wouldn't really call myself a junkie.  I don't go around skydiving and base jumping, and I definitely try my best to avoid physically dangerous situations.  I do a fair amount of exercise I guess, but that's about it, no extreme sports for me.

EDIT:
Quote from: Tuggernuts on September 14, 2011, 01:09:27 am
Quote from: winkio on May 24, 2011, 12:32:09 am
What is this I don't even.

Also, attentioninging

I'm still waiting on an explanation of why this was quoted, as opposed to something of similar effect being said in your own words?

Blizzard

You can get into the same state when you are very skillful at something. You process things so quickly that you have a bunch of time to think about what to do next. Adrenaline isn't necessary. e.g. When I'm in a conversation, I sometimes slow down the way I talk significantly just so I can prepare in my mind the next thing to say in case I have nothing else to say. Basically I am running two mental threads where the one controlling what I am saying goes into automatic. Same feeling, none of the danger.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Adrenaline is cool and all, but I personally prefer 2C-E.

:V?

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: winkio on September 14, 2011, 01:39:44 am
I'm still waiting on an explanation of why this was quoted, as opposed to something of similar effect being said in your own words?

It summed up my feelings perfectly, is why.

Blizzard

You feel that you are attentioninging? Good for you!

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

AliveDrive

Quote from: Blizzard on September 14, 2011, 02:34:53 am
You can get into the same state when you are very skillful at something. You process things so quickly that you have a bunch of time to think about what to do next.

Ok, I thought this was just me.

Some of you guys know that I'm pilot, when I was learning to fly planes, at first everything seemed to happen too fast (like 200mph)

Eventually I got good at it and things took on a manageable speed.

Then I realized that everything in life seemed super easy compared to me from highschool. Well not everything, if it were a superpower I would have a better paying job xD
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

Quote from: Tuggernuts on September 14, 2011, 03:15:23 am
It summed up my feelings perfectly, is why.

Oh okay, good to know that it had nothing to do with the thread you took it from.

Spaceman McConaughey

September 14, 2011, 01:57:52 pm #14 Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:03:48 pm by Tuggernuts
That, kids, is what happens when you over-think things.

On topic:
If I want the same feeling, that weak stuff like thinking about small fights doesn't do a thing. I usually think about me being involved in some high-speed, violent car chase, where I eventually get on top of the car and fight off bad guys. Or maybe I picture myself in an epic battle with a dark overlord, saving a planet from certain destruction after killing it. Then there's a celebration all throughout the planet, and I am named a hero.

That kind of stuff gets my adrenaline pumping.

Vell

Adrenaline isn't a drug, it's a neurotransmitter.

/technicalities.

ForeverZer0

Defiinition for "Drug":
1. a chemical substance that affects the processes of the mind or body.

Vell

Adrenaline is also known as Epinephrine which is a hormone and neurotransmitter that relays information from one neuron to another. Like other neurotransmitters, it is naturally occurring within the body.

It, however, isn't strictly a drug; however it sometimes is used as such to treat conditions such as cardiac arrest where the substance is injected into the body. However, it is only a drug in this specific case. When you engage your fight or flight response - that is, when you make your sympathetic nervous system active at the expense of making your parasympathetic nervous system relatively inactive, it would be incorrect to refer to epinephrine/adrenaline as a drug.

Given the context of this thread, I do not think the members involved have a habit of injecting adrenaline into their system.

Blizzard

Just because your body can create it naturally, doesn't mean it's not a drug.

AliveDrive

Quote from: Blizzard on September 25, 2011, 11:25:25 am
Just because your body can create it naturally, doesn't mean it's not a drug.

Read: DMT.

But back to the topic, I think adrenaline is better than a lot of other things. Skydiving, driving fast, roller coasters, :naughty:, movies, and lots of other things are all good clean fun.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Blizzard

Holy shit, it's a Class A Drug. O_o
Yeah, back on topic.

Subsonic_Noise

DMT is a good thing, even though I prefer Psilocybin. Now back on topic.

Blizzard

One thing about it that started happening to me since recently is something I call wide-screen vision. I become so aware of my surroundings that I pay attention to everything in my periphery vision as well without losing focus. It usually works best while I am walking down the street because of the constantly changing environment. I can't use this vision with my normal state of mind, I have to go in that weird mode of total focus in order to be able to activate wide-screen vision.

G_G

I can do that too! Stare straight but you're paying more attention to the things surround the thing you're looking at. I do that all the time during school when I want to seem like I'm paying attention to the teacher but I'm really staring at the funny cat pictures on the wall.

Ryex

it's called "soft focus" in Aikido, they teach it so you can see and read peoples movements while not focusing on them
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I can imagine why it's called "soft". It's basically effortless.