[XP] Tons of Add-ons

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:50:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

Chief

hey... im really bad at using scripts... whenever i test-play my game, i get this erroe message:

Script 'tons of addons' line 2616: NameError occurred.

undefined method 'refresh' for class 'Game_Player'

how do i fix this? i have no knowledge of scripts what-so-ever...

Blizzard

Hm... Which custom scripts are you using? This is definitely a conflict.
Have you read this topic, BTW?
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=23.0
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Chief

oh... thanks... it was just in the wrong order...

Blizzard

I thought so. :) Happens often that people need to put a couple of my scripts into the right order to make them work.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Chief

ok... now im having problems with two otehr buttons:

select
cancel

i get an error message whenever i hit these keys... if you need to see the error, ask me...

Blizzard

Yeah, always post the error message. Are you using the Custom Controls even though you are using Blizz-ABS maybe?

Chief

These are my custom controls:

Up: Up Arrow
Left: Left Arrow
Down: Down Arrow
Right: Right Arrow
Previous: <
Next >
Confirm: Enter
Cancel: Z
Attack: W
Defend: D
Skill: S
Item: I
Select: A
HUD: H
Hotkey: X
Minimap: Tab
Run: Shift
Sneak: Ctrl
Jump: Space
Turn: U

my problem is with Cancel: Z

Script 'Standard Development Kit' line 1687: NameError occurred.
uninitialized constant Input::Letters

and select: A

Script 'blizz abs 2' line 1005: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass

Blizzard

There is no "Letters" in the configuration. You need to use Let and not Letters. I used Let to make the configuration easier to overview.

Chief

I dont get it... i do use Let before i use letters like A or Z... what do i need to do?

Sin86

February 03, 2008, 11:01:15 pm #30 Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:49:16 am by Sin86
I'm having problems with the picture scenes.

I'd like to make it where I can make it autorun right after the title screen before the gameplay begins but instead, I see the starting area I'm in for a second and then the picture. I'd like to make it where I can see the picture first after starting a new game and then begin gameplay.

Blizzard

You can do that easily in a different way. Use a parallel process in the first map that tints the screen black, then show the picture and remove the tint. You don't need the pictures scene for something like that.

Sin86

February 04, 2008, 04:05:18 pm #32 Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 04:12:42 pm by Sin86
I set "Change Screen Color" to black as the first and then I threw in the show picture command but that don't seem to fix anything. I need it to be cutscene-like. No matter how many "change colors to black" I put in, I still see the map and the hud and everything else for a brief second before the pictures are suppose to show up.

Also, if I set it to black, the picture won't show up either.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is make it be alot like Sir Lagalot's intro right after hitting "start game".

Besides, the show picture command requires manual centering while the picture scene completely centers it.

Blizzard

Oh, that's a custom script in Sir Lag-A-Lot.

Ok, try it this way. In Scene_Title where it says:
$scene = Scene_Map.new

in def command_newgame, change it to the call of the pictures scene and set the returning scene to be Scene_Map. Then it will first play the intro and activate the map afterwards.
Or you can use a completely empty map and set the hero's characterset to none just for the beginning of the game and simply call the picture scene before the game really starts. Basically, you need to make the event a parallel process, if you didn't do that, it can cause problems, too.

Sin86

Thank you so much, it worked alot.

Btw, just for future versions of Tons. You may want to throw that in the "how to" for Picture Scenes seeing I didn't exactly see it there. Kind of like you already explain with intros before title screens in there, I think having a "how to" for picture scenes after the title screen would be a good idea too for everyone else that may not know.

Blizzard

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll remember that.

Chief

I changed my controls back to the normal ones and i still have the error messages...

Blizzard

SDK is just being stupid. You can't use A and Z for whatever reason obviously. There are built-in controls like Input::A and Input::Z which are not the letters A and Z. Well, making the ABS compatible with SDK is a hell of a job, because SDK messes up everything that can be messed up. I'm sorry, I can't help you here. Either use SDK or Blizz-ABS, both of them obviously don't work.

Or go ask Seph if he can fix the SDK instead. I mean why should always I make my stuff compatible with his SDK, how about him doing me a favor for a change? (-_-')

Chief

i dont know where to find Seph... honestly, ive never talked to him ever... im not exactly active on main rpg websites with tons of members... unless hes on here... i have no idea...

Blizzard