[XP] Tons of Add-ons

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:50:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Regimos

Hey Blizzard  :D
I'm just some random guy that came across your wonderful Add-ons script. Anyway, there's this bug that's sort of annoying me. I think it's an incompatibility glitch between the Death Roulette and the Target 'Em All.

Basically, when I try and use the Death Roulette skill, it tells me:

Script 'Blizz Add-Ons' line 5637:Argument Error occurred.
Wrong number of arguments(1 for 0)

And here's line 5637:
        make_skill_action_result_target_all_later(battler)

Which is for some reason, in "Target 'Em All"  :-\

I don't even have "Target 'Em All" on, so I don't see why it should have a problem there. I'm pretty sure my configuration is correct, but it keeps going error on me. Could you find out and fix the problem?

Thanks
Regimos

Sin86

Hey Blizz, I got another suggestion for you to put in Tons.

The facesets are really nice to have on the menu screen and status screen but I was thinking of having it where you can have them show up when characters are talking to eachother. Now, you may have an add on for this but I'm not so sure(haven't seen every one of them lol). I think this would be a great idea as it looks cool in most games.

Nortos

just use Ccoa's UMS or slipknots script

Blizzard

February 05, 2008, 07:22:16 am #43 Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 08:59:24 am by Blizzard
Yeah, simply use an AMS/UMS. I also suggets ccoa's.

@Regimos: What's the point in using Death Roulette and Target'em all on the same skill? -_- They are semantically simply incompatible. I mean why making a skill that kills a random battler target all battlers? xD
Or are you getting that error when you simply use both add-ons at the same time? I remember somebody mentioning something similar to me once...

EDIT: Nvm, I didn't take a good look at the error giving line. For some reason it thinks that you are using RTAB. I'll look into it. If you actually do, you should put Tons BELOW RTAB. Otherwise you can delete that whole add-on in for now so it works.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Regimos

I'm not using both at the same time; I have Target 'em All disabled, yet the error still ocurs...
And no, I'm not using RTAB either  :o

Blizzard

Simply delete the code of that add-on and it will work fine. I'll see what's wrong and release a fix ASAP.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Memor-X

i see the new version of Tons is up but while i was reading the script (before i download it) it only says about and upgrade to one of the addons so i just need to make sure if the bug i reported on the last forum have been fixed

Bug 1: when Center Battlers is on, the HP and all of that is centered but the Battler is still on the left, this is with only one person in the party, i don't know about more if it works when there is more

Bug 2: when i'm in a battle, (with center battlers off) i go to select attack and i get the following error

on line 1716 there's a TypeError, cannot convert nil into String

on line 1716 i have : draw_text_shaded_later(x, y, w, h, text, a)

i tryed deleting the entire addon but that didn't work cause i got the same error but in the window help script

Bug 3: when Catapiller is on, none of the other characters show up in the line, so 2 character, only one is shown, 3 characters, same thing, didn't get to 4 but most likely it'll do the same thing

it would be a waist of time for me to downlaod the schipt, fix it up with all the settings for my game and then only to find out i'm getting the same problems, so are these bugs fixed

Blizzard

Those are not bugs, but incompatibility issues. The center battler is most probably not compatible with your status display for whatever reason. Same goes for the battle command window and most probably for the caterpillar sprites as well.

Blizzard

Ok, I've fixed some stuff and put up a version 6.1b.

@Juan: Remember the HUD bug? Use
$game_system.HUD =
false

instead of
$game_system.HUD = false

Yes, it does matter. There's a bug in the RGSS interpreter or in the eval command.

@Nortos: You said the Caterpillar won't work with Map as Battleback? It works fine with me. Did you know that you can let the player and/or the party members stay on the map when you go into battle? You need to set REMOVE_CLASSES to [] and everything will be displayed.

Juan

February 20, 2008, 12:01:49 am #49 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 12:02:22 am by Juan
Theres a typo in tons of add ons part the save point script. Btw I did forgot about the hud window.
line 3377
should be
Spoiler: ShowHide
if @command_window.index == BlizzCFG::SCENE_NAMES.size
instead of
if @command_window.index == SCENE_NAMES.size
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Nortos

ty :) I decided not to use maps as battlebacks anyway didn't look good during day time with some of the custom tilesets using

Blizzard

Quote from: Juan on February 20, 2008, 12:01:49 am
Theres a typo in tons of add ons part the save point script. Btw I did forgot about the hud window.
line 3377
should be
if @command_window.index == BlizzCFG::SCENE_NAMES.size
instead of
if @command_window.index == SCENE_NAMES.size

>.< *puts up v6.11b*

Blizzard

February 23, 2008, 08:57:54 am #52 Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:58:30 am by Blizzard
I had to fix a bug with this caterpillar and Blizz-ABS, v6.12b is out. :3

EDIT:

v6.13b is out. :3

Nortos

:P I was getting that error when checking out my hud with ABS and addons but I forgot to post about it

GAX

Um, bringing up an addon reccomendation from the old forum:

Damage Moderation:  Damage limits for Attacks and Skills, and configuration for some skills to break the limit and for status effects that also permit the breaking of the damage limits.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Juan

@Blizzard
Theres a caterpillar bug

@GuardianAngelX72  Yea that sounds interesting.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Blizzard

Dammit. <_<; I'll look into it.

@Nortos: Can you remember the error message? I remember updating the HUD recently, I might have fixed it already.

@GAX: I have to that already in the to-do list.

Nortos

you did I meant that it was the catepillar with the ABS :P

Sin86

February 26, 2008, 06:59:39 pm #58 Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 07:54:44 pm by Sin86
Major error with the picture scenes.

QuoteScript '2' line 1951: NoMethodError occurred

undefined method `new' for #<Scene_Title:0x3fb7d68 @counter=0, @frame=0>

If you are going to use the 2nd one and picture scenes, replace the script with the picture scenes in 2 with this for right now.

class Scene_Pictures

def initialize(p, d, h, i = true, f = nil, s = Scene_Map.new)
    $game_system = Game_System.new if $game_system == nil
    @names, @delay, @hold, @int, @file, @next_scene = p, d, h, i, f, s
  end

def main
    $scene, @next_scene = @next_scene, nil
    Graphics.transition
    Graphics.freeze
    delaying(true)
    Audio.bgm_stop
    if @file != nil
      Audio.bgm_play("Audio/BGM/#{@file}", 100, 100)
      @file = nil
    end
    i = 1
    loop do
      break if there_are_no_more_files(@names + i.to_s)
      @pic = RPG::Sprite.new
      @pic.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("Scene/#{@names}#{i}")
      @pic.x, @pic.y = 320 - @pic.bitmap.width/2, 240 - @pic.bitmap.height/2
      Graphics.transition(12)
      break if delaying
      Graphics.freeze
      @pic.dispose
      @pic = nil
      Graphics.transition(12)
      break if delaying(true)
      Graphics.freeze
      i += 1
    end
    unless @pic == nil || @pic.disposed?
      @pic.dispose
      Graphics.transition(12)
    else
      Graphics.transition(4)
    end
    delaying(true)
    Audio.bgm_fade(800)
    Graphics.freeze
  end

def delaying(just_hold = false)
    (0...(just_hold ? @hold : @delay)*40).each {|i|
        Graphics.update
        if @int
          Input.update
          return true if Input.press?(Input::C) || Input.press?(Input::B)
        end}
    return false
  end

def there_are_no_more_files(name)
    return (!FileTest.exist?("Graphics/Pictures/Scene/#{name}.png") &&
            !FileTest.exist?("Graphics/Pictures/Scene/#{name}.jpg"))
  end

end

Blizzard

I changed the script a little bit. Now you don't use "..., Scene_Title.new)" when you call it, but "..., Scene_Title)".