[XP] Tons of Add-ons

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:50:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nathmatt

March 04, 2008, 06:01:01 pm #60 Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 07:02:21 pm by nathmatt
im getting an error with the loacation names addon it works fine on my first map but the next 1 it says it file graphics/pictures/names/map002_pic not found
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Juan

@Blizzard the Caterpillar script for some reason don't work if you turn it on ingame. But if the scripts settings is on already it works a bit weirdYou need to configurate the following in the location banes script.
Spoiler: ShowHide
#::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
# START Location Database
#
#   Use this template to configure this add-on:
#
#     when ID then name = 'FILE_NAME'
#   
#   ID        - map ID where the picture should be displayed
#   FILE_NAME - the file name of the picture file in the Pictures/Names folder
#
#   If you don't have a picture and want the name displayed anyway, please use:
#
#     when ID then name = nil
#
#   Instead of an image normal text will be displayed in the chosen font.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Blizzard

I'll look into the problem with the caterpillar. I remember having a hard time to make the caterpillar disablable (lol, is that even a word?) in Blizz-ABS. I remember having problems with that earlier already.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sin86

This isn't exactly an error but the bars on Tons do not work on the newest version of the ABS but they do work on version 1.89 of the ABS yet not the newest version.

nathmatt

1 question is there a way on the loacation mane script to just make it show just the text on all the maps or do i have to add the when 1 then name = nil for every map i make
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Phasedscar

Actually, I was hoping when Blizz got enough spare time if he could make a configuration program for tons like he did for Blizz-ABS.

I mean it's just such an awesome array of different addons it sometimes can get combersum to go through the code for the configurations.
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Caro Ru Lushe

I don't see why he should, I mean, Ton's Configuration is easier than his ABS =/

Blizzard

I doubt that I will do that as this would be pretty bothersome, since I had to redesign the application everytime I add a new add-on. Other than that I lack the time to make yet another application like that. And just like DAS said, it's much easier to configure.

@Sin86: How unusual... I remember doing some slight changes in the HUD, maybe I messed up. But it works with me just fine. O_o Does it work if you remove Blizz-ABS?

@nathmatt: Change this:

# END Location Database
   else
     return nil
   end

to this:
# END Location Database
   end
   name = nil

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sin86

@Sin86: How unusual... I remember doing some slight changes in the HUD, maybe I messed up. But it works with me just fine. O_o Does it work if you remove Blizz-ABS?
[/quote]

All I've done was disabled BlizzABS HUD and turned on Bars on Tons and it worked in version 1.89 yet it won't in 1.96.

Blizzard

You disabled the HUD and turned on the bars, right? I will try that and fix it in 1.97.

Memor-X

i'm getting an error when i'm in a battle and i select "attack"

in Tons of Addons part 1 on line 1699 there's a TypeError

cannot convert nil to String

what i ahve on that line is
    draw_text_shaded_later(x, y, w, h, text, a)

thing is that, it only does this on attack when i start a new game (you fight a battle at the very begining), when i load the game, i can do battles just fine with no problems

Blizzard

Are you using the shaded font add-on? Try turning it on/off. I remember somebody else having the same problem and I remember that I was able to fix it by setting up the right script order. I also think it has to do with yeyinde's font add-on which is causing the trouble together with SDK. Do you have all scripts in the right order?

Nortos

I think shaded font did have some trouble with SDK I remember when I had to use it for a while than decided to get rid of it cos the script wasn't worth it lol

Memor-X

an update on my error, i had to start a new game to get some scripts working so now the probelm as affected the entire game, also, i deleted every custom script, sdk and all leaving only tons and what happens, same error so that means none of the custom scripts i'm using (or the sdk) and the problem is in tons itself
also when i turned it on (it was off) i got the same error but on line 1694 and on that line i have
      draw_text_shaded_later(x+1, y+1, w, h, text, a)
so i get the error weather it's on or off got any ideas

Nortos

first try it in a new project just that script alone if it works fine there I think sdk stuffed up the shaded text you have latest update of course?

Memor-X

Quote from: Memor-X on March 12, 2008, 06:27:59 pmi deleted every custom script, sdk and all leaving only tons and what happens, same error so that means none of the custom scripts i'm using (or the sdk) and the problem is in tons itself
also when i turned it on (it was off) i got the same error but on line 1694 and on that line i have
      draw_text_shaded_later(x+1, y+1, w, h, text, a)
so i get the error weather it's on or off got any ideas

i think i did that, i was using 2.X as my SDK but thing is that before i got the latest edition of Tons, i didn't get any problems, i had to chnage cause the old version i was using kept showing up an error when i tried and use a Title Screen over-ride script so i could have a cutscene before the game started

fugibo

It is NOT a problem with shaded text. I have seen that fricking error message every time I accidentally have the text for drawing not a string, like a number or something. It just means that something is trying to draw text without a string 0_o

Phasedscar

Eh, sorry Blizz, I wasn't saying you "had to do it!"  I was just thinking that it would be pretty nice for things like Multi-Drop where you have to establish a database for it to work.

Though I could just get my lazy ass off the chair and search for the lines for the database.
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Lol, ok.

Quote from: WcW on March 13, 2008, 07:47:51 pm
It is NOT a problem with shaded text. I have seen that fricking error message every time I accidentally have the text for drawing not a string, like a number or something. It just means that something is trying to draw text without a string 0_o

Yeah, WcW is right. If you are getting an error at that line even though you removed every other script, then you have some custom edits there that mess it up. Remove the add-on completely and it will point to the right location of the bug the next time.

Memor-X

Quote from: Blizzard on March 14, 2008, 07:24:50 am
Lol, ok.

Quote from: WcW on March 13, 2008, 07:47:51 pm

Yeah, WcW is right. If you are getting an error at that line even though you removed every other script, then you have some custom edits there that mess it up. Remove the add-on completely and it will point to the right location of the bug the next time.

ahhh, my old may in deleeting the dam addon doesn't work, i delete it

anyway i deleted the addon, the error showed up heres the line that was the problem, it was found in Window_Help

self.contents.draw_text(4, 0, self.width - 40, 32, text, align)