[XP] Tons of Add-ons

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:50:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan

This could be a script conflict. What scripts are you using?
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Nortos

I think it's SDK than unless you've muddled with Window_Help urself I used SDK for a bit and sometimes had this problem I can't remember how to fix it sorry

fugibo

Before that line add this:

text == '' if ! text.is_a?(String)

Memor-X

@Juan and Nortos: like i said in an earlyer post, i had deleted every custom script apart from tons to isolate the problem to see if it was the sdk or whatever and i still got the error

@WcW: i added that line above all 3 lines of probelm code i had (the 2 in Tons, one for the addon being on and one for the addon being off) and also in Window_Help and i still got the error, i even deleted the addon and checked it out and still the same erroe showed up

Nortos

i know but even after you delete SDK it sometimes infects a game's scripts it acts almost like a virus I dnt know much more about it and dnt really wnt to sorry

fugibo

0_o That should fix the nil problem.

Blizzard

Quote from: WcW on March 17, 2008, 03:44:37 pm
Before that line add this:

text = '' if !text.is_a?(String)

Fixed
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Memor-X

ok now it's working, but not in my Black Core Game but then again, i can't work on it fully at my uni cause i get this strange ass error when i try to run the game when i have the SDK 2.x, but my Rose Core game is working with it (even with SDK 1.5) but now when i go to select the enemy to attack, there's no text, in that window, and i know the monster's name is supposed to show up

Blizzard

March 19, 2008, 04:38:23 am #88 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:48:47 pm by Blizzard
I was able to fix that problem in a different script once, I can do it in Tons as well.

EDIT: Tons 6.2 is up.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nathmatt

on the show map name script where the x,y on it i want to move it to the center of the map & make it bigger
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

March 27, 2008, 06:31:30 am #90 Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 06:32:07 am by Blizzard
This here:

bitmap = Bitmap.new(320, LOCATION_SIZE + 16)

The 320 is the width, the LOCATION_SIZE + 16 is the width. You can just change it to

bitmap = Bitmap.new(640, 480)

and have it fullscreen. Now this line:

self.bitmap == nil ? self.dispose : self.x = 640 - self.bitmap.width

Change it to

if self.bitmap == nil
 self.dispose
else
 self.x = 0
end

to put the fullscreen picture in the center or this:

if self.bitmap == nil
 self.dispose
else
 self.x = X
 self.y = Y
end

to put it at a custom position. I recommend

if self.bitmap == nil
 self.dispose
else
 self.x = 320 - self.width/2
 self.y = 240 - self.height/2
end

if you want the image centered regardless of the size.

nathmatt

im getting an error it says 1505 ??? nameerror ?????????
undifined method update for class name_sprite::spriteset_map

hers that section

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # update
  #  Added name sprite appearing/disappearing animation control.
  #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  alias upd_name_later update
  def update
    # if sprite exists
    if @name != nil
      # if sprite not disposed
      unless @name.disposed?
        @name.timer += 1
        # if appearing
        if @name.timer < 16
          @name.opacity += 15
        # if disappearing
        elsif @name.timer > 16 + 40 * LOCATION_DISPLAY_TIME
          @name.opacity -= 15
        end
        # if gone
        if @name.opacity == 0
          # remove completely
          @name.dispose
          @name = nil
        end
      else
        # set to nil
        @name = nil
      end
    end
    upd_name_later
  end
  #---------------------------
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

I think that you messed up the code... Download a fresh copy of Tons and copy-paste the code of that add-on again and it should work. Then apply the changes.

nathmatt

is this to move ther picture or the just the text because im not using pictures
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Blizzard

Then you shouldn't increase the size, you should just use that extra code I gave you.

nathmatt

i did that but it still doesn't center it i want it right in the middle
QuoteThis here:

Code:
bitmap = Bitmap.new(320, LOCATION_SIZE + 16)
The 320 is the width, the LOCATION_SIZE + 16 is the width. You can just change it to

Code:
bitmap = Bitmap.new(640, 480)
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on March 27, 2008, 06:31:30 am
Now this line:

self.bitmap == nil ? self.dispose : self.x = 640 - self.bitmap.width

Change it to

if self.bitmap == nil
 self.dispose
else
 self.x = 0
end

to put the fullscreen picture in the center or this:

if self.bitmap == nil
 self.dispose
else
 self.x = X
 self.y = Y
end

to put it at a custom position. I recommend

if self.bitmap == nil
 self.dispose
else
 self.x = 320 - self.width/2
 self.y = 240 - self.height/2
end

if you want the image centered regardless of the size.

(-_-')

Sin86

March 28, 2008, 05:42:54 pm #97 Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 05:53:20 pm by Sin86
I'm not sure if I should remove this part out myself but I noticed that in Tons 2, on "Equap skills" and "skill seperation", I see a ! next to false. Would it be a good idea to get rid of that ! or not?

Never mind, you may remove the ! or else you won't beable to equip skills in the ABS. I got an error with the ! being there but I removed it and now the error is gone.

Sase

is it possible to prevent some characters from learning specific skills? if so, how?

and Is it possible for you (or instruct me) to add stuff such as Status Immunities, counter attack, 2x item power, armour element/status protection activation and weapon status activation.
What I mean is something called MANA or something, equal to magic stones in FF9, so you can customise your characters more. The abilities would be learnt as skills but activated with something

Stuff that would be nice:
Status adds (HP, MP, STR etc. when activated)
EXP add (example 50% more exp when activated)
Money add (example 50% more money when act.)
Counter attack (with certain % of using)
Weapon status activation (if weapon has status on it, you need to activate this passive skill to use it)
Armour status activation (same as weapon, but you need to activate to increase the protection)
Armour element activation (activate to raise the element def of your char)

is this possible? Like the materia system, but with MANA/magic stones?

I think you could use the same method as Difficulty when creating the EXP and money add's.

well I kno it's a big request but I need this :F I can only edit the EXP and gold myself (by setting common event that changes the difficulty that alters the money/exp, but EXP add on works for all chars then....)

///////////////////
and one more thing
You know any stealing system that works with this script? or can you make your own ^^

Blizzard

Actually, you can make a lot of that with events by using status effects. If you make a status effect cancel out other effects, they can't be added while having those special status effects.
A money-add would be rather easy.
class Game_Enemy

alias gold_addon_later gold
  def gold
    return RATE * gold_addon_later
  end

end

Same for EXP from enemies:

class Game_Enemy

alias exp_addon_later exp
  def exp
    return RATE * exp_addon_later
  end

end

Counter attack was a planned add-on, I was going to use a status effect for it. Something like "when STATUS_ID then return COUNTER_PROBABILITY", I just didn't have time yet.
The weapon status would be easy as well.

class Game_Actor

alias element_set_addon_later element_set
  def element_set
    return element_set_addon_later if @states.include?(STATUS_ID)
    return []
  end

end

The armor status protection would be a little more complicated as well as the armor element protection. I have implemented element absorbtions into CP (comes in the later part of the game) and I found out that it's a rather confusing system that isn't so compatible with other stuff.

Those mini-systems themselves are not so complicated, but the whole Mana stone system of FF9 would be quite a messy script with many compatibiliy issues.

Oh, if you want a Materia system, Seph made one long time ago.

I think I'll make my own Steal for Tons as I know that Trickster's Steal is merged with his Scan. I should be easy using the Multi Drop code as reference.

@Sin86: I forgot to set those add-ons to false. !false is the same as true, just quicker to type. xD Simply remove the exclamation marks to turn those add-ons off.