[XP] Tons of Add-ons

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:50:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarisSpell

Thanks for the help.

def check_events
    events, names = [$game_player], [nil]
This solved the problem of some transfer events being show as a square, but one as an arrow.
Now it always differentiates some events as arrows and some as squares. I've come to the conclusion that it depends if the events can face different directions (for example, the end of the map is a transfer event with nothing more, so it's a square, but a door is an arrow). I'm still trying to make it so that it is always a square.

The problem with the player arrow disappearing in some maps was fixed just increasing sprite.z

It's strange, but this script is giving a lot of problems, and I'm even thinking that maybe something in my project is affecting it.
For example, all the customizations options seems to not have any effect:
PLAYER_COLOR = Color.new(0, 255, 0)
EVENT_COLOR = Color.new(0, 128, 255)
TELEPORT_COLOR = Color.new(255, 255, 0)
SPECIAL_COLOR = Color.new(255, 0, 0)
MINIMAP_X = 0
MINIMAP_Y = 0
MINIMAP_WIDTH = 160
MINIMAP_HEIGHT = 160
MINIMAP_OPACITY = 160
MAP_MOVE_BUTTON = Input::Z
If I change these vales, nothing happen. I even tried using script calls as it says in the instructions with no result.

If I add \spc as a comment in an event, nothing happens, but if I add it in its name, it is shown. Right now, I can only see the player arrow, transfer events and these \spc in name events. I don't know if it should work any different (as I'd like to show with different colors events if they are enemies, npc, treasures, etc)

I'll try messing around with the code, but it seems the script is just not being fully compatible with my game

KK20

Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pmIf I change these vales, nothing happen. I even tried using script calls as it says in the instructions with no result.
-squints-
-CTRL + F's the script-

...Blizzard what the fuck. How did no one ever report this?

Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pmI've come to the conclusion that it depends if the events can face different directions (for example, the end of the map is a transfer event with nothing more, so it's a square, but a door is an arrow).
Yes, that is how it works.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pmI'm still trying to make it so that it is always a square.
You put \box in the event name. You should have been able to infer that from my previous post, though I will admit it's not documented anywhere.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pmRight now, I can only see the player arrow, transfer events and these \spc in name events. I don't know if it should work any different
No, that's all it does. They will all be marked the same color.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pm(as I'd like to show with different colors events if they are enemies, npc, treasures, etc)
Again, that is a script request.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pmbut it seems the script is just not being fully compatible with my game
...or do you mean "doesn't fulfill your needs"?
Incompatible would mean it doesn't work with another script.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

SolarisSpell

June 02, 2021, 05:16:44 pm #982 Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 05:19:14 pm by SolarisSpell
Quote...or do you mean "doesn't fulfill your needs"?
Incompatible would mean it doesn't work with another script.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be pretentious. I just was sure something had to be wrong with my game, as I tried following the instructions and some things weren't responding, so I thought some other script were messing the code. (And when restarting the game with F12, the minimap changed. It was there, but blocky instead of drawing diagonals).

QuoteYou put \box in the event name. You should have been able to infer that from my previous post, though I will admit it's not documented anywhere.

It's so simple... argh. I did try it, but I only created an event with \box in it's name with no result. I didn't try to create a '\spc \box' or add it to the transfer event... I've done it now and have seen that it works perfectly.

Thanks again. It works and it was just me not knowing how to implement it in the game.