[XP] Tons of Add-ons

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:50:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chino69

October 29, 2008, 08:51:00 pm #220 Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 12:52:39 am by chino69
Blizz,

Thanks so much for putting the Chain Status Effects and including that in Tons!

OMG the script works beautifully in my game!  Kudos to you!  When my game gets released I will be sure to credit you.  Thanks so much for being the still existing foundation of the RMXP world (that I came late into).

Blizzard

I came into it quite late as well. But it was still not too late for me. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Colinoliver

I recently found a little "glitch" in the caterpillar portion of the script: When caterpillar is turned to false via the call script function, rather than have the shown caterpillar members disappear
the shown caterpillar members will freeze in position. If the caterpillar script is set to true again while on the same map, they will resume mimicking the players movements from the location they were frozen in. This "glitch" only happens in v2.11b. I've used an early virsion of the caterpillar script (v2.0b) to test for the same problem. But it works fine.

I hate reporting bugs because it's a great script, best caterpillar script I've found actually. On the other hand I hope this helps prefect the script!
:)

Mightylink

i got a simular problem with the hud, when i turn it to false the game freezes, the turn on and off scripts are exactly the same only one is true and one is false so i dont know where im going wrong

$game_system.HUD = true
works fine

$game_system.HUD = false
freezes the game

Aqua

It has to be

$game_system.HUD =
false

False /has/ to go on next line.

Juan

You forgot my script call fix found here.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Mightylink

thanks juan i'll check it out

that false thing is really wierd, how come it doesnt need to be the same for true?

Colinoliver

Unfortunately the problem still occurs with the caterpillar script even with the Interpreter Script Call Fix installed (above Tons of Add-ons). I double checked the syntaxes that I used to make the script false. False is on a separate line.

Hope this helps.
:)

Blizzard

November 01, 2008, 08:18:00 am #228 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 08:45:23 am by Blizzard
Link, you misunderstood what his problem was.

@Colinoliver: It has probably something to do with a bug fix I provided in a version after 2.0. I will look into it in a couple of minutes, fix the problem and put up a new version.

EDIT: There you go.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Colinoliver

Awesome! Problem solved. Thanks a megaton!

Sin86

I found a huge problem with the picture movie scenes. If you encrypt a project, you won't get any picture movie scenes after you not only start up the game.exe file but also after you click new game.

The strange thing is, you can see the scenes in a non-encrypted project or on the RPG editor yet not on a encrypted version. This is with the latest version.

Blizzard

O_O I'll take a look at it.

Sin86

I got a favor of you to ask. If you can, could you post a hotfix for the picture scene in encrypted projects(that is if you can find one) and then put it in the newest version later? I probably won't be online next week. Now, I'm not trying to rush you or anything but if you can, could you please do so? Thanks.

Shadonking

im trying to change the font using your ultimate font overide but the font wont change.

i made a topic here about it.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=2131.0

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Blizzard

I fixed both problems in v6.73b. Also get the new STCMS v5.33b.

Cid

November 20, 2008, 11:06:28 am #235 Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:07:49 am by Cid
Hey Bliz, is there any way to make "passive skills" only show up in the main menu, and not in the skill window during battle? Since they're passive they don't really need to be there. They just clutter the place up.

Great stuff, though. I've been wanting to add passive skills to my game for ages.

Blizzard

November 21, 2008, 04:15:53 am #236 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:10:42 am by Blizzard
Get a custom skill menu for battle which doesn't display the skills that simply can't be used in battle (occassion is "only in menu" or "never"). Just post a script request, somebody will solve it for you. It's a fairly simple edit.

EDIT: Update to v6.8b.

Colinoliver

November 24, 2008, 10:25:49 pm #237 Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:04:39 am by Colinoliver
Just a wee question. Is there any way to have the Effects of a Passive Skill to be removed when the Passive Skill itself is removed?
For my case I am using the "Equap Skills" linked with a passive skill that increased HP. But if that item is removed the passive effect still remains.
Any thoughts or help?
Thanks. :)

EDIT: I just realized I could just use the "HP,SP Plus" script :P. *slaps face*

ANOTHER EDIT: I had to go to work so I didn't get a chance to test this. If instead of HP plus I use da Gold multiply passive effect. Yes the effect still lingers when the skill is gone.
                      Any thoughts?

Blizzard

It could be an error. Basically the effects are calculated out of the existing skills so the effect should disappear when the skills disappears. Are you sure that the skill is gone?

omegapirate2000

I use a number of these in my game.

Very useful package.
Spoiler: ShowHide