[ARCed] Creating Functionality for Database Events

Started by ForeverZer0, September 25, 2011, 04:38:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

September 25, 2011, 04:38:20 pm Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:50:34 pm by ForeverZer0
Creating Functionality for Database Events

Description

Obviously, the controls in the database need to reflect the values they represent, and change them accordingly. The events need to be written to provide actual functionality for this by storing the data when values are changed, calling dialogs when buttons are pressed, and writing the data to file when it is saved.

Priority

Medium.

Prerequisites

Database Panels - Finished
MsgPack serialization modules for Python and Ruby - Finished
Editor Dialogs - Finished
Action Framework - Incomplete

Assigned

ForeverZer0

Everything else

This will be a pretty simple task to accomplish once all the prerequisites are met. There is just a lot of events, which will be tedious and repetitive.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

I think you have an RPG::Event equivalent in Python and the editor and you are supposed to work with that one. It will get serialized into the .arc format only when saved.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

That's what I'm talking about. I don't mean serializing the data through events, more invoking the already made serialization.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

Ah, I thought you meant actually manipulating the object's data through the editor was the task. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

ForeverZer0