BABS Item Error [RESOLVED]

Started by Boba Fett Link, September 26, 2011, 06:34:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba Fett Link

September 26, 2011, 06:34:11 pm Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:24:07 pm by Boba Fett Link
Hey, after I select a party member when useing an item through hotkeys, I get this error.

Script 'BABS 3' line 581: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'item_number' for #<Game_Player:0x4264b98>

(BABS 3 is the third BABS script)

I am just using the default potion item and I didn't change anything about it in the config (although I checked there to see if there was a problem).

Any ideas?
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Boba Fett Link

winkio

The line in question accesses $game_party.item_number, and the error you posted references a Game_Player object.  This has nothing to do with BlizzABS, but is caused by a mistake in your eventing or a mistake in another script.

Blizzard

It should say "$game_party.item_number" and not "$game_player.item_number" in that line. That's an old bug. IDK if winkio fixed it or if he released a version where it's fixed.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Boba Fett Link

Okay. Just redownloaded BABS and replaced script 3 and it works.

Blizzard

I think winkio re-released 2.84 with the fix. Or I did.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.