MIDI Maker?

Started by cyclope, September 27, 2011, 07:30:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cyclope

Hi, I just wanted to know what is the best program to make MIDIs from scratch.
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

cyclope

Ill give it a look, thanks   :haha:
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Subsonic_Noise

Depends. Are you a musician and if yes, what instrument / are you a composer etc, which OS do you use?

cyclope

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on September 28, 2011, 07:54:01 am
Depends. Are you a musician and if yes, what instrument / are you a composer etc, which OS do you use?

I know allot about music, yet not a musician or composer, more like an amateur. As for instruments, at-least 5 different instruments. I am using Windows 7.
Things I Hate

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: cyclope on September 28, 2011, 05:32:32 pm

I know allot about music, yet not a musician or composer, more like an amateur. As for instruments, at-least 5 different instruments. I am using Windows 7.

Theoretical musical knowledge? Can you read sheet notation / guitar tabs?

cyclope

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on September 28, 2011, 05:42:35 pm

I know how to read sheet notation/guitar tabs. I dont know much theoretical music.
Things I Hate

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: cyclope on September 29, 2011, 05:45:17 pm
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on September 28, 2011, 05:42:35 pm

I know how to read sheet notation/guitar tabs. I dont know much theoretical music.

Maybe you should try a notation software instead then, as in Guitar Pro 6 (I am by contract required to tell you it's amazing :V Seriously, it really is though.) Or Sibelius. Guitar Pro has both tabs and sheet notation, while Sibelius only has the latter, and for people who are used to that they are way more intuitive.

cyclope

Thanks, Ill give Guitar Pro a try. I tried Anvil Studio and I found it a bit hard since I haven't practiced with sheet notations for a while.
Things I Hate

Ryex

anvil Studio can do guitar tabs too
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Ryex on September 30, 2011, 05:33:25 pm
anvil Studio can do guitar tabs too

Guitar Pro is the most common, wide-spread and refined Guitar Tab editor there is, plus it's the one with the best user interface.

brendan_pr

I use Guitar Pro 5 to write most of my songs (I like the layout better than Guitar Pro 6). Works really good! You can even use scale guides if you are a beginner