[XP] Money uses item space

Started by RCatossi, October 01, 2011, 11:05:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RCatossi

October 01, 2011, 11:05:17 am Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:45:12 am by RCatossi
    INTRO:

I want money to use some space (or weight).

It seems ridiculous to walk around with 20.000.000 gold in the pocket, like the last game i played (it's been a while) Fallout3, where the money is caps, you get thousands of caps... how in the world can i walk around and shoot enemies with a thousand caps??? Not to mention - picture this - that buying a drink looks odd, opening the huge bag just to get 5 caps...

It would be even better if there was other items like silver, gold or diamond with same the same weight, but different monetary values, for example:
    Trading 100 silver coins for 1 gold coin, and 100 gold coins for 1 diamond. I know there are monetary scripts there, but money still weights zero in the pockets.

It would be a GREAT BONUS if each item could use more than one space. IE: apple = 50, sword = 500 (where 1 counts as grams). THEN, 50 coins = 50 item space.

HOW SHOULD IT WORK:

• 1 copper coin uses 1 item space;

• 50 copper coins use 50 item space;

• 100 copper coins value = 1 silver coin;

• 1 silver coin uses 1 item space;

• 50 silver coins use 50 item space;

• 100 silver coins value = 1 gold coin;

• 1 gold coin uses 1 item space;

• 50 gold coins use 50 item space;

• 100 gold coins value = 1 diamond;

• 1 diamond uses 1 item space;

• 50 diamonds use 50 item space;

• ... and so on

• Automatically round item prices - copper are cents and silver are round.

IE: 1 sword costs 500,00

1silver = 1
    1 gold = 50
    10 gold = 500

Then show price in shop as: 50g

---------------------------

I just saved all the RGSS tutorials and will be studying in the next days, i hope i can come with a nice script i am working on, it's a way to walk around/slide against isometric tiles, like a curve in a dungeon or a column in a wall.
    [/list]

ForeverZer0

How exactly is something supposed to use 1/10 of an item slot? Items slots are either used, or their not. There is no "1/10" of a slot. This request would need to have a complete inventory system build, not just a add-on for a money system. I would check into Item Weight scripts, and adapt them from there. The actual automatic converting of coppers to silvers, etc. is not that difficult at all if the inventory script is handling the rest. You will also need a script that allows for duplicate items, and a limit to how big the inventory can be.
    I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

RCatossi

October 02, 2011, 06:42:34 am #2 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:16:59 am by RCatossi
    hmmm, i guess you're right... let me fix that.

And i asked that because i haven't seen any item weight scripts around, but what should i need the duplicate items script for? To use more room in the inventory?

*** EDIT
    You're right my friend, i found a weight script, i'll let everyone know it i manage to put it all toghether.