[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter16321

January 16, 2008, 02:51:55 am #20 Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 02:55:08 am by Peter16321
So guys i will see if I can be helpfull for this grade forum ( people are much frendly and helpfull to me ) ;D
I will enjoin your new games ^^
but first i will remake my old eventprogramed ABS and post it, maybe you can enjoin it^^.
think i need 2 or 3 days to remake it.

Allso I can wait a bit longer to start my project i waited 2 jears so 2 or 3 month more would be easy to me. ;D
Take you time Blizzard i am going to leard how to script RGSS as soon as i can.

First I must teach my frind, who wanted to help me with this project, how to use the RMXP, he allway used the RPG2k ^^

At Last I wanted to say THX for be such a grade help and frendly to me (noob) ;D.

Spoofus

hey im a scripting noob here too and they tolerate me  ;D
but yeah the people here are very nice and help you out the best that they can

you should check out this ABS system though it is amazing!!!  :o
if you read the manual it will explain alot and you will be be able to most anything in this ABS..i actually learn alot about scripting just from this ABS by setting up weapon ranges and such..and just by looking at it and actually understanding what he did

but yeah hope very nice peeps here  :P

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

Quoteand just by looking at it and actually understanding what he did

Of course, I commented as good as every line of the code. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

hehehe  :D well it is true i did understand what you did by looking over the script
it is just ingenious i looked at mr.moes abs script too his is far more complicated than yours is and his will get the most of random errors i have ever seen when i used it
then i found this god of a abs script  :) and it was love at first use lol

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

Lol, I actually hardly can consider my coding of the ABS to be that uncomplicated. xD But if you say so. :)

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sin86

January 21, 2008, 09:51:12 pm #25 Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 10:49:18 pm by Sin86
I forgot to say this but I have to say something about the enemies.

The evasion to make enemies run from you isn't working like the newest manual says it would.

Oh yeah, I used to have it where "cutscenes" involving enemies would move up/down/left/right with the move command would work before any dialog is said but now it only works after dialog is said. Therefor, the enemy only approches you in a cutscene after talking to you instead of before talking to you.

Blizzard

In the newest manual it says that enemies don't run away anymore based on evasion. -_- Now they will run away of you use the observationg attribute and you are too strong. In fact, I haven't implemented them to be able to run away yet. <_<; The problem with the moving is that enemies are blocked during event execution. I'll fix that.

winkio

Hi, i just joined here, but ive been using your ABS for quite a while, and its GREAT!  There are a few bugs i need to point out tho, as theyve been killing my developoment recently  (these are for v 1.73, so they may or maynot be fixed in later versions):

1.  You can jump on top of impassable events while running, and then pass on through them.  Also, if the event is a player touch event, it sometimes wont execute
2.  Damage during combat is dealt to all party members, not just the active one.  Defending only affects the active member tho.
3.  Islands or stepping stones, which is a passable tile that is surrounded on all sides by impassable tiles, are used in my game to cross rivers and cliffs.  Your passability script does not normally recognize them, but I finally figured out how to fix that myself.
4.  This is for v 1.8:  When enemies can see you but can't find a path to you (IE they are in a pit and you have to jump down there to fight them) the script crashes.

As you can see, I use jumping extensively in my project.
Anyways, thanks for any comments you can give!

Blizzard

Thanks for reporting those. :)

1. I didn't find this bug so far, I will look into it.
2. Yes, I know, but only if you have the caterpillar turned on. It's because I haven't finished the ally AI yet.
3. Thanks for reporting that one, too. I have tested the passability check that can handle the pixel movement, but it's possible that I've forgotten thinks. I will be sure to fix this.
4. Yes, I know about this bug. I think I fixed in v1.89, the newest version.

*powers you up* :3

I'll look into them as soon as I can and fix them.

Sin86

I got a good suggestion for the ABS but I'm not so sure if it can work.

I was thinking about the ability to switch characters and have it where each character can have certain ablities.

Like character A may not beable to push blocks but character B can. Or something like character A cannot open up a certain door but character B can.

Starrodkirby86

January 25, 2008, 09:07:09 pm #30 Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:19:12 pm by Starrodkirby86
Quote from: Sin86 on January 25, 2008, 04:38:40 pm
I got a good suggestion for the ABS but I'm not so sure if it can work.

I was thinking about the ability to switch characters and have it where each character can have certain ablities.

Like character A may not beable to push blocks but character B can. Or something like character A cannot open up a certain door but character B can.
That's an interesting feature. Many commercial games have this sort of thing, or at least ones I can remember.

---

Blizzard, this is an excellent ABS. It's very sleek, efficient, and it also responds very well. The mini-map works fine, and I love that feature especially. Jumping is also very amusing to initiate, along with long jumping...:3

Though, I'm just wondering, is there a simple way to set the WASD keys to the arrow keys? I mean, looking at the manual, they had an Input D_Up thing. I decided to switch that into the [let] area at the Controls Editing, but when I tested the game it failed. So then I tried Up, instead of D_Up. Whoop-de-doo, failed again. 'Thought it was a keyboard problem, so I put some random unoccupied key and it works, so I don't know if the arrow keys can be assigned or not...if they can't, can you give me a probable reason why?

I am also wondering about this eventing thing. When I began the game with one enemy event, it seems to be I can go through it. Is that intentional? Would I not go through the event if the ABS were to be off in that certain map?

Thanks...^^

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

There is an easy way to do that. On top of the script (part 1), just below the header is sometihng called "module Controls". Below that is the key configuration. If you want to use arrow keys, simply exchange the first four commands which these ones:
Up = "[D_Up]"
Left = "[D_Left]"
Right = "[D_Right]"
Down = "[D_Down]"

Phasedscar

January 25, 2008, 11:51:27 pm #32 Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:59:07 pm by Phasedscar
you can also have multiple commands for the same thing, for example..
QuoteUP       = "[D_Up, Let['I']]" # move up
    LEFT     = "[D_Left, Let['J']]" # move left
    DOWN     = "[D_Down, Let['K']]" # move down
    RIGHT    = "[D_Right, Let['L']]" # move right
    PREVPAGE = "[Let['E'], Let['U']]" # previous page
    NEXTPAGE = "[Let['R'], Let['O']]" # next page
    CONFIRM  = "[Let['W'], Enter]" # confirm selections / pick up items
    CANCEL   = "[Let['Q'], Esc]" # cancel selections
    ATTACK   = "[Let['A']]" # attacking
    DEFEND   = "[Let['D']]" # defending (hold)
    SKILL    = "[Let['S']]" # use skill
    ITEM     = "[Let['F']]" # use item
    SELECT   = "[Let['P']]" # change leader
    HUD      = "[Let['Z'], Dot]" # HUD on/off if enabled
    HOTKEY   = "[Let['N']]" # hotkey display on/off if enabled
    MINIMAP  = "[Let['M']]" # toggle minimap mode if enabled
    RUN      = "[Let['C'], Space]" # running (hold)
    SNEAK    = "[Let['Z']]"      # sneaking (hold)
    JUMP     = "[Let['V']]"    # jumping
    TURN     = "[Let['Y']]" # turning around without moving (hold)

It's actually in the manual that comes with Blizz-ABS, I suggest doing a read through so you can grasp a lot of the awesome features Blizz but in there.

Also, be careful of the Syntax, it's important to get it right or your game will run into an error before anything even shows up.  For any letter key, use
Quote"[Let[ '<letter>' ]"

without any spaces, then use a "," to seperate your different keys for the same command.  If you're going to be using a directional arrow, or page up, page down, and the like, you don't use the "Let".  Simply type it in the brackets.
   Example:
QuoteCONFIRM  = "[Enter]"

To do more than one, do it just like this, adding in an additonal "," for every new key.  Note that if you are using 2 different letter keys you will need to use the "[Let['<letter>'].  The brackets are very important for this.
QuoteCONFIRM  = "[Let['A'], Let['B'], Enter]"
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Memor-X

i've got a suggestion for the Mini Map, with how you can have /spc in the name, i've noticed it's get quite boring seeing yellow arrows everywhere for characters, maybe you could add like a pallet so you can have different colors for /spc, like yellow for signs, dark blue for people, or just have differnt colors for differnt races, like one color for humans, another for.... well you get the idea

Blizzard

January 26, 2008, 08:06:51 am #34 Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 08:08:35 am by Blizzard
I'll make the colors customizable in the next version then.

@Phasedscar: Very good explanation. :) In the manul of 1.9 I will explain a coupl of things better. This is not the first person who had problems with that.

@Starrodkirby86: Yeah, I made a mistake there, BTW. The words on the left should be all caps.

Starrodkirby86

Thank you for the thorough explanation. I did read the parts of the manual, especially controls, but I thought the Let thing was an essential area, so I got confused when Sneak and Run had those gone. I should've thought about that pattern there. Thank you very much you two.

This'll get me back with motivation.  ;D

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Ghareeb

January 26, 2008, 02:40:57 pm #36 Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 02:41:56 pm by Ghareeb
Awesome ABS!  ;D ;D ;D

diablosbud

January 26, 2008, 04:37:54 pm #37 Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 04:49:31 pm by diablosbud
Blizzard, your ABS is truly amazing  ;D! I just got Blizz-ABS fully operational in my game. I am using the version from The Chronicles of Sir Lags-a-Lot because it would be easier to set up because of an example, because I don't need the stuff in version 1.8, and version 1.8 made an error before my titlescreen  :-\. Before I set this up I was running the Destruction Engine by Rataime which gave me an error when I ran the game, and I was wondering if there was a way to fix this because the Destruction Engine worked before I made your ABS fully operational. Also I am currently running Guilamme777's Multi-Slot Equipment script. I had it all up and running and tested it out in the normal battle system and it ran fine. But with Blizz-ABS it will not deal damage when I equip my weapon on L-Hand (I made sure the weapon had Attack). Which means L-Hand and Dual-Attack will not work. I was wondering if you could tell me if there is a fix for either of these and if there is how to fix them. Thanks...

PS: Sorry for the long-post for my first post and for the bad grammer :P... want to get to the bottem of this  soon ???

Link to Multi-Equipment Slots: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=8883.0

Link to the Destruction Engine: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=4100.0

The Destruction Engine Error:
Spoiler: ShowHide
"Script 'Destruction Engine' line 304: SyntaxError occurred."

Blizzard

Newer versions of the ABS have an own destruction engine for enemies which is less laggy and much easier to use than Rataime's, that's why I won't bother making it compatible. And yeah, the ABS does not recognize a multi equip system. I guess I have three options:
1. Make Blizz-ABS compatible with the Multi-Equip.
2. Make a compatibility plugin which will act as connector between the two systems.
3. Make an own Multi Equip Script. >_>
The last one is most likely, but I don't have the time, sorry.

diablosbud

January 26, 2008, 04:51:37 pm #39 Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 04:52:57 pm by diablosbud
Thanks, for the quick reply  :o! But I have one more question, do the built in destruction engine-enemies that I set up attack? Also, how will I use multi-slot equipment, other than making Shield and Weapon slots instead of L-Hand and R-Hand...