[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

It actually work that way. The destruction engine is an emulator which actually is not a real destruction engine. When an enemy dies an animation from the database can be played, this is what happens actually.

Well, since it's not compatible with Guillame's multi-slot equipment yet, all I can say is that you'll have to wait either way. =/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

diablosbud

I fixed my problem. I made seperate slots for weapons and offhands and Blizz-ABS runs like uber  , lol! Also I know that 2-handed weapons will work because it only modifys the equipment so you cannot equip an offhand with it.  ;D, and I do not need a destruction engine. Heck I don't even need the mass of scripts I have  ;) (wanna make my game awsomely good  :D) (so far 2-months of scripting!)! Thanks for your help with the ABS setup Blizz  8).

Blizzard

Alright then. :) I hope you enjoy Blizz-ABS.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

johnnysasaki

I still can't get this to work... And before I try the RGSS100J.dll thing...
I would like to point out that I have RGSS100J.dll, RGSS102E.dll, and a RGSS102J.dll In my system 32 file..

Blizzard

Yeah, but depending on which version you have it will access only one. I suggest you delete RGSS100J.dll, make a copy of RGSS102E.dll and rename it to RGSS100J.dll. Then you should have no problem anymore.

johnnysasaki

January 27, 2008, 08:15:10 am #45 Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:31:03 am by johnnysasaki
Edit: Curse me. I figured out what was worng... But now I have to get around not having a intro. Oh well..

Blizzard

What error are you getting anyway?

johnnysasaki

Figured out what I did to it thanks for the help though!

daalaff

Hi Blizz,

i have a problem with your ABS 1.89. If i press the ATTACK- Button my char jump 4 Tiles up. You can see it on the pictures.

What the matter?

With your ABS 1.0.9.3 i have no problems.

Blizzard

He's not jumping. (-_-') There's an option at the bottom that is called ACTOR_Y_OFFSET or VERY similar. Set it to 112 like in the configuration of the demo where you got 1.0.9.3 from.

daalaff

Thanks Blizz, now it's ok.

Sorry, but my english is to bad for all understanding.

winkio

January 28, 2008, 08:18:38 pm #51 Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:41:47 pm by winkio
just thought id post my "island" passability fix (for anyone who wants it):

these lines go in at line 1417 in version 1.73 of the script:

# if the tile hasn't been marked as passable yet
            if val == 0
              # add to value if an island
              val |= 0x01 if self.passable?(x, y, 2)
              val |= 0x02 if self.passable?(x, y, 4)
              val |= 0x04 if self.passable?(x, y, 6)
              val |= 0x08 if self.passable?(x, y, 8)
            end

It is inside the setup passability function.  This is the context of the code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # setup_passability
  #  map - database map
  #  Returns a data hash with coordinates for the minimap drawing.
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def self.setup_passability(map)
    # set map for further use
    @map = map
    # initialize
    result = Table.new(@map.width, @map.height)
    # iterate through all each horizontal element
    (0...@map.height).each {|y|
        # prevent "Script is hanging" error if large map
        Graphics.update if @map.height * @map.width >= 19200 && y % 10 == 0
        # iterate through all each vertical element
        (0...@map.width).each {|x|
            # initialize value
            val = 0x00
            # add to value if virtually passable in each direction
            val |= 0x01 if self.passable?(x, y, 2) && self.passable?(x, y+1, 8)
            val |= 0x02 if self.passable?(x, y, 4) && self.passable?(x-1, y, 6)
            val |= 0x04 if self.passable?(x, y, 6) && self.passable?(x+1, y, 4)
            val |= 0x08 if self.passable?(x, y, 8) && self.passable?(x, y-1, 2)
            # ISLAND PASSABILITY FIX
            # if the tile hasn't been marked as passable yet
            if val == 0
              # add to value if an island
              val |= 0x01 if self.passable?(x, y, 2)
              val |= 0x02 if self.passable?(x, y, 4)
              val |= 0x04 if self.passable?(x, y, 6)
              val |= 0x08 if self.passable?(x, y, 8)
            end
            # add coordinate if passable anyhow
            result[x, y] = val if val != 0x00}}
    # remove map from memory
    @map = nil
    # return passable coordinates
    return result
  end

The fix starts where the comment in all caps is.

Starrodkirby86

I never looked at the old forum for this question, so forgive me if there is any repeating. However, I seem to notice that the HP for monsters can't go really far. I don't know if this is intended, or I didn't read somewhere about this in the manual or something, but all I know is that a monster with an HP that is considered average in the DBS, like 4567 or something, would crash in the game as an ABS monster. I downloaded Chronicles of Sir Lag-a-lot, which I must say, that is very nice game, but I noticed the monsters' HPs never went over 1000. So what gives? :P

Also, on the game, I was playing and an error message appeared that stated the game could not find a short sword graphic for Lag-a-lot, I don't know why...though the monster HP issue has been really ticking me. Thanks again, and forgive me for any other inconvenience or annoyance. :P

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

diablosbud

I just thought of a suggestion to add in version 1.90. How about a summoning feature used through skills, one that once your summon becomes knocked out it will leave the party. That would be great for my game and probably tons of other people too. Maybe you should add this in the next version.

Blizzard

This is already planned to be added with the new ally AI in 2.0.

@Starrodkirby86: Now, THAT is a weird bug. I simply wanted Sir Lag-A-Lot to be a low stat game, I didn't know such a bug existed. I will look into this. Oh, and don't worry about the error message. I fixed this bug in v1.7x I think. It was a nasty bug to fix. The problem was simply that the spriteset add-on names were one frame off. So, if you i.e. defend exactly after an attack without waiting at least one frame, it would cause a crash. As I said, this has been fixed long ago. :)

@winkio: I will implement either this solution of a one that is more optimized.

Memor-X

with the enemy event on the map, if the lock facing was on so they can't turn and face another direction, if you was to mave to say behind the enemy, will they attack you as if they are facing you or will they attack as if they are stuck facing one directing, like for say, a Demon Wall Boss

also, i have some mroe suggestions

1) Damage Events, like flames or lava or anything liek that which will hurt both enemies and allies

2) Target circle, have like a comment in the event to make a circle apear around that even on the minimap, that way you can have an NPC that you need to talk to to progress highlighted with a circle, and also have something like that for when your targting an enemy with a skill to show which enemy your attacking on the map

3) Status Addons script, i remember you saying on the old forum that only a few status like poison and that will work while others will have to be coded, well, why not make a Status Addons script with any and all status effects you can think of, you can even though the status in Tons into this aswell

4) Mugshot on HUD, i notice when you do get affected by a status you get an icon, why not make an option where you can have the a character mugshot insted and when they get affected with a status, the image changes, ofcause it would only need to aply to the player your controling, and you'll have to make a face for every state you have in the database
here's an example, player gets infected with poison, their mugshot turnes green, player gets into a rage forum, their mug chnages to make them look likme their angry
you can also have it so that their face changes when they reach so much health, like doom, but not so crappy

Blizzard

January 30, 2008, 07:21:36 pm #56 Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:22:08 pm by Blizzard
1) You can actually make that with events.

2) Will cause a heavy lag increase and it's really unnecessary. Where's the fun if you can see all your enemies' attack range? And besides the minimap would get overfilled withsprites and information which is not the point of a minimap.

3) I mentioned it already several times, I didn't have the time to implement it yet. I gave a llist of planned features at the old forum, didn't I?

4) Many people didn't like the mugshot in the HUD of earlier Blizz-ABS versions, so I removed it.

Starrodkirby86

Hm, it's just getting stranger now. I seriously don't know what is happening with this script. First there's one error and then there's another while one is being resolved. This is seriously confusing. However...I have an image that describes this one, a visual representation is always great.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5416/abserrorbu5.jpg

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Blizzard

The image was resized. -_- How about you zip it and upload it on sendspace?

The problems is as soon as I make it pretty stable and as soon as I am able to fix the worst bugs, I do another update with adding new features and new bug appear. It's always that way. As soon as you change something, you are adding new bugs as well. I'll see to fix a majority of them in v1.9. Please bear with me. -_-

Starrodkirby86