[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sowi3

Hey its me again! Sorry I didnt answer before. I just disabled the jumping option and focused on other things. Smehow i think the autorun with variables and stuff makes my character not walk?? The one you helpe me with. i followed your instuctions

Jaiden

Quote from: sowi3 on November 10, 2017, 05:18:03 am
Hey its me again! Sorry I didnt answer before. I just disabled the jumping option and focused on other things. Smehow i think the autorun with variables and stuff makes my character not walk?? The one you helpe me with. i followed your instuctions

You'll have to post a demo, I don't think there is enough context here for us to help you.

Sin86

December 03, 2017, 08:22:02 pm #5422 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:23:44 pm by Sin86
So I need some help as I'm trying to understand this piece of code.

$BlizzABS.get_enemy(event_id).last_hit_by
$game_player.last_action
$game_party.actors[party_position].last_hit_by

I need to have some complete formulas of how these pieces of code are done. I see last hit by, but hit by what? I know it is a battler, will it be "$game_party.actors[party_position].last_hit_by battler 1" or $game_party.actors[party_position].last_hit_by 1"? Are the battlers event IDs? I need some examples, complete examples of how to use this code. The manual doesn't seem to be giving me much.

Do these go into conditional branches or just the regular script command? Again, the manual doesn't give me much detail.

KK20

December 03, 2017, 09:32:21 pm #5423 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:49:30 pm by KK20
You can easily test this yourself by making an event that outputs the method's return. Make another event that you can talk to that has this script call in it:

p $game_party.actors[0].last_hit_by

It should return nil if you don't get hit and a Game_Enemy object when you do. Looking at the methods Game_Enemy returns, I don't see any way to get the event ID that last attacked the actor. You can get the enemy database ID by simply putting .id at the end of the above script call.

And it can go in either conditional branches or script commands. You just have to explain what it is you want to do.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

glithch

hey! i wanted to ask how to make the enemy even MORE agressive. i want them to attack on sight. and whatever AI i check in configurations the enemy just kind of,,, hops around (my enemy is a rabbit lol) before noticing my chara.

Blizzard

Maybe you need to modify their perception data if that's what they do.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

glithch

Ok so I know I only post stupid questions on this forum but how do I exactly make a fight animation change after my character gets a weapon?  My game is only a graphic thingy so my character uses only one weapon and i just set that animation as _atk1. But since then i added an event when she ACTUALLY gets the weapon and the begginning of the game. i want her not to be able to do any fighting before. How do i do that?
Honestly i know this is dumb no need to mention it. I swear i tried looking at the demo but i didnt see anything there that would help me

Blizzard

In order to actually be able to attack, the actor needs a weapon equipped. The best way would be to equip the actual inventory weapon item through an event command when you want to enable attacking.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

glithch

hmm thats not what i mean. i want her not to be able to attack. because she doesnt have the weapon equipped and she can still attack. its because i just set the animation as _atk1 and i drew her with the weapon there. I want her not to be able to attack without the weapon but i dont know how to set it up.
Hope im explaining this well

Blizzard

Then check chapter 4.2.3 in the manual. You can enable/disable Blizz-ABS entirely or only certain buttons at a time.

KK20

Blizz, there is no check for if the actor has a weapon equipped. I'm not sure if this was changed from a previous version.
A quick fix would be to add this method:

class Map_Battler < Game_Character
  alias call_old_atk_can_use attack_can_use?
  def attack_can_use?
    return false unless call_old_atk_can_use
    return false if @battler.is_a?(Game_Actor) && @battler.weapon_id <= 0
    return true
  end
end

This will make a buzzer sound if no weapon is equipped. But it also won't allow you to do a 0-damage attack (or play any attack animation for that matter).

Other Projects

Blizzard

There have been several iterations of this method so IDK anymore which one is actual. xD

mobiusclimber

First off, wanted to say thanks for making this awesome ABS! I've been slowly trying to implement it, but I'm pretty much a n00b to XP and some things are taking me longer to understand than they probably should, LOL. Hopefully, someone knows the answers to these questions:

1) What do I have to do to get the gold drop to display properly? Is there a certain size the image needs to be, or a certain way to get it working?
2) I've tried a couple mouse scripts, but none seem to work with the ABS. Does anyone know of one that will?
3) When characters/enemies go behind things like large trees, it's impossible to see them. Does anyone have a solution to this? (I know, I know "don't use large trees." LOL)

Sorry if one or all of these questions have been asked a million times alread... XD

KK20

1. Considering that the help file states to use an "animated spriteset", I'd assume that would be a character graphic. So make your gold graphic as if it were a character (4x4 spritesheet)
2. Blizzard's scripts were designed to be compatible with each other. I find it hard to believe that his mouse script doesn't work.
3. I know in Tons Of Add-ons there's a script that will display an arrow over the player when hidden behind tiles, so it could be possible to extend that script to apply for all events. I think there was a script that made higher priority tiles transparent when the player moved behind them, but don't know what it was called. You could try Drago's script to draw the name of events. It looks like the name will be displayed above tiles.

Other Projects

mobiusclimber

Ugh! You'd think the first place I'd go look is to see if Blizzard had made a mouse script.  :facepalm: In my defense, it wasn't something I was looking for until I saw a video on Youtube about it and I was like ... I need that! LOL

Thanks for the info about the gold! I couldn't figure out what was meant by "animated spritesheet." I had what I thought was an animated spritesheet, but not the right dimensions, I think.

Also, do you know of a HUD maker for XP that let's you place a picture on the screen and change the opacity? Or would it be possible to use events to change the opacity ... of the tree? I could set it up so that when you walked closer to it, it would turn opaque. I mean, that would be ideal if it were possible.

Blizzard

I don't know of any HUD makers, but you could also use one of the Blizz-ABS HUD scripts. Just find them under the "Blizz-ABS Plugin" category. https://database.chaos-project.com

mobiusclimber

Quote from: Blizzard on May 15, 2018, 04:58:23 am
I don't know of any HUD makers, but you could also use one of the Blizz-ABS HUD scripts. Just find them under the "Blizz-ABS Plugin" category. https://database.chaos-project.com

Is there one that will do what I need it to do, ie, put an image on screen that is triggered by an event? I had a look at a bunch of the HUD scripts but for some reason, when I click the spoiler tag to view the photos nothing happens. If I was working in MV, I could use SumRndmDde's HUD Maker to do that: http://sumrndm.site/hud-maker/ I don't need anything as fancy as all that, but just the ability to toss up a pic on screen b/c I'm thinking I could solve the issue of not being able to see things behind large trees by just making an opaque tree and using the HUD to place it on the screen when the character gets close enough to it.

... The more I think about it, tho, the more I think there might be a better way just by eventing. I should probably just play around with stuff for awhile and see what works.

KK20

Yeah, explore with events first. You don't want to cheese a HUD script to affect the environment.
Besides, I think the alternative would be a custom tilemap script that allows you to alter individual tiles dynamically.

Other Projects

mobiusclimber

Yeah you are right. I'll see what's possible and go from there. Hopefully there's a decent way to get transparency to work like this. It would really open up the possibilities of different things on the map. I'm hoping for a Diablo effect where things become transparent when you walk behind them so you can hide treasure boxes behind walls and stuff like that.

Metaron

Hey all,

I'm getting an odd script error during combat when the main characters are fighting only certain enemies.

I've tried removing all skills that the enemies use, changing the area where they fight and it keeps occurring.

Script 'BlizzABS part 2' line 5224: NoMethodError occurred

undefined method 'last' for nil:NilClass

Would anyone have any idea what this section of code in blizz abs part 2 might relate to so it can help me narrow down what could be causing the issue?

I'm on Version: 2.84