[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

February 04, 2008, 10:20:06 pm #80 Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:20:52 am by winkio
oh yes, after i got this error a few times, i did upgrade to 1.89.  An the same error message popped up, only with a different line number.  i think it was the same line of code.  Maybe it was 2457 or something?  Somewhere around there.  Here, let me see if I can get it to glitch again.

EDIT: After 100 tries, I couldnt get it to glitch again.  But now, I'm having the same skill and item crash as that other guy.  here is the item error, same as his:

Script "Bliz_ABS v1.89 Part 1" line 2826: NoMethodError occurred.
Undefined method "battler" for #<Game_Event:0x4026ab8>

I'll keep working on recreating the crash in 1.89.

EDIT: While the forums were down, I got the crash to occur again in 1.89.  here it is:

Script "Blizz-ABS v1.89 Part1" line 3948: IndexError occurred.
rehash occurred during iteration.

Srry i was waaay off on my earlier guess of the line number.

Blizzard

I see... Alright, I will try to release 1.9 as soon as possible. I'll put it up high on my priority list.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sin86

I got a question about the HUD.

Now, as much as I love your HUD Blizz, is there a way on how I can replace the current HUD with a custom made one?

diablosbud

Blizzard, is there a way through a script line (I need it as a script line so I can disable it when on a vehicle in my game) that I could disable sneaking and sprinting?

Sin86

February 14, 2008, 01:30:57 am #84 Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 02:25:51 am by Sin86
I just love this AI but I got a problem with the actions attribute. I assign enemies some magic attacks as well as some regular attacks but all they do now is just regular attacks and if I go in and modify the magic attack to be used when the enemy's HP is around any percent or below, the enemy won't attack me at all.

Oh yeah, I found a weird error that I find pretty rare. I was playing as one of my characters and died and then switched to the next character but I pressed the attack button at the same time and I got:

"Unable to find file Graphics/Characters/Mars_atk0."

Now, there is no Mars_atk0 because this character is using a Mars_atk4 weapon and there is no atk0 weapon on this character. I may or may not have posted this before but I can't exactly remember but if I did, I'll just post this just as a reminder to look into it.

legacyblade

Ok, I'm unable to find the answer to my question in the manual. What I'm wondering is if the allies have battle AI, and attack the enemy, or if they just follow in caterpillar. The caterpillar is fine, since it allows a party to be useful, but having ally AI would be awesome. From the intro to the AI section, it sounds like the have battle AI, but the "What allies are capable of" section makes it sound like all they do is follow the player...is this the right place to ask this?

Nortos

Yeah it's and I'm not sure if Blizz has added it yet in 1.9 or if that was gonna be 2.0 but he was adding a kind of FF12 Gambit system with ally ai. But I can't really answer you yet if they have A.I yet I haven't used his ABS yet...*gets ready for a book thrown at me* but I plan to and if the A.I isn't on atm it soon will be knowing Blizz

legacyblade

Well if nothing else there is a caterpillar with a "switch leader" button. That alone makes parties work. But if they have AI, that would whoop like heck!

P.S. YOU HAVEN'T USED THE BLIZZ ABS! *smacks you with a pretzel, and throws a book at you*. Why not, its a great ABS! I like some things about XAS better, but BLIZZ ABS is much better done, and is more compatible with other scripts.

Nortos

:P haven't had time for it yet I got a game planned for it after make mine though :P

legacyblade

Blizzard

Blizz-ABS 1.9 is almost done, I will release it in a few days.

@Sin86: Just disable the HUD in Blizz-ABS and use your own script. That's what the HUD_ENABLED option is for. I'll look into the bug. Most probably it's a a one-frame-glitch that still accesses the dead actor's data.

@diablosbud: I think there is none. I can't exactly remember, but it might work out if you disable the Blizz-ABS controls temporary. I'll add an option in 1.9 either way.

@legacyblade: Yes, you read correctly, they are only able to follow the player around so far. A battle AI will be available in 2.0.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

ok, I'll be waiting for version 2.0 then!

Blizzard

@winkio: Remember the bug that you told me that sometimes the event won't execute if it's on player touch? This is a safe lock. After the end of execution of an event no event can be reactivated for one full second. I have to set this time lock to half a second in Blizz-ABS 1.9. The problem is that events would be immediately reacivated after they are finished, because every time you move a little bit it is counted as player touch. That means it would be reactivated over and over until you are out of range. >.<

Spoofus

Blizz i gots a question..is there a way to set-up the critter things that you added where help out the player by like fighting beside them in combat and healing etc.? cause so far they attack you when you get close if they are not passive

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Caro Ru Lushe

I have been wondering about this . . . there's a oroblem which the character doesn't move when one puts the Old Default Settings of RmXP.

Mostly doesn't move . . . is it because you made it this way or am I doing something wrong? I putted the custom cotrols off and turned on the Defaults >__<;;

Blizzard

Could be some little problem. I've had some minor problems with the controls, but I fixed them in 1.9 already which I'll release very soon.

@Spoofus: When the ally AI is done, you will be able to summon pets (which can level up and get stronger as they are, in fact, actors) and monsters (basically enemies which can't level up and so on). In other words, you need to wait for v2.0 before you can use it.
And yeah, aggressive critters attack anybody. Passive critters only start attacking that groups that attacked them. i.e. If an enemy attacks a critter, he will start fighting enemies.

Spoofus

cool that works for me...cant wait till v2.0 it will be amazing

Blizzard

The funny thing is that aggressive enemies attack critters by default. xD

Spoofus

lol i just tested that like 2 min. ago it was funny i made a happy litttle passive rabbit critter with 900 atk and a weak lil slime attacked it then BAM!!! slime be D.E.D dead i laughed it was amusing.

Blizzard

Lol! BTW, when a critter kills an enemy, it's you who gets the EXP.