[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

February 27, 2008, 06:57:03 pm #120 Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 09:16:37 pm by winkio
About jumping on the events:
I can jump on top of ANY event, as long as I would be able to jump on top of the tile it occupies.  That is the error.  I am not using any special tags or anything on those tiles.  should I?

EDIT: I used the no jump tag on the area the event was on, and it kind-of worked.  That is, I could not jump on top of the event normally.  But I could still jump on the event by doing a diagonal jump (I've noticed that this by-passes the no-jump tag in any situation).  This glitch works at anny jump distance.  i've done it with jump distanc set to 1, 2, and 3.  I normally use jump distance 1 in my game.

About the lag:
When I take away Blizz ABS, the lag goes away.  The lag is definitely caused by the ABS.  I'll try and determine what it is tho, by checking my other scripts.  Just to let you know, the lag happens all the time on the big maps, even if there are no enemies on the screen (or within processing range)

I can tell by making the minimap fullscreen that ABSEAL apparently works, as no enemies except the ones close by me move.

EDIT:  Ya know what Blizz, just leave these glitches until the next version.  I really want 1.95, and from the looks of it, so does everyone else.  Release 1.95 without fixing these, give yourself a break, and then take a crack at them for 2.0.  ;)

nerissya

Ahh, When will next version of your ABS be out? It looks so incredibly awesome with that configuration program. :O

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

Blizzard

February 29, 2008, 06:06:36 am #122 Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 06:08:19 am by Blizzard
It will be out... NOW!

Blizz-ABS 1.95 is out!

1.95, what's new?

• 1. Blizz-ABS is now to be used as 3-parted script to separate configuration settings and functional code. Insert part 2 and 3 directly below part 1 and the system should work without problems. Part 1 is for configurations only while the other parts are the actual code. This Blizz-ABS version will corrupt savegames that used an older version!
  • 2. Now you don't have to set up the configuration like in a usual script. Blizz-ABS comes with a special application that makes configuration easier than ever before. It will generate the configuration script after you are done.
  • 3. Improved manual a lot and separated the documentation on how to set up the configuration manually from the actual manual. Now the manual only explains the options and settings.
  • 4. Fixed crash bug when using the observation attribute.
  • 5. Fixed bug where enemies wouldn't observe correctly.
  • 6. Fixed bug where player wouldn't apply movement speed determined by a forced movement event command.
  • 7. Fixed bug where enemies wouldn't change the spriteset..
  • 8. Fixed bug regarding target selection when using skills and/or items.
  • 9. Fixed bug where hotkeying skills/items on the usage keys would fail if the HUD was turned invisible.
  • 10. Fixed bug where using an item would cause a crash due to the global observer trying to update data.
  • 11. Fixed bug where an enemy would not correctly try to track down the player when he's out of sight and stop moving and acting at all.
  • 12. Fixed bug where enemies that have no skills would never attack if using the action attribute.
  • 13. Fixed bug where enemies wouldn't move if operated by the "Set Move Route" event command.
  • 14. Fixed bug where only one enemy's code would be executed if two or more enemies died at the same time.
  • 15. Fixed bug where certain enemies sometimes would stop acting because they were targeting a dead target.
  • 16. Fixed a memory leak with the player's force movement commands.
  • 17. Fixed glitch where the health bar of invisible enemies would still be visible.
  • 18. Fixed glitch where enemies would move strangely if a Pixel Movement Rate higher than 0 was used when evading attacks until getting ready.
  • 19. Fixed glitch where animations on characters would be at wrong positions sometimes.
  • 20. Fixed glitch where remaining skill count wouldn't be refreshed when resetting the hotkeys and then hotkeying the same skill as before.
  • 21. Fixed glitch where dropped item events would stop blinking when leaving the map scene and returning afterwards.
  • 22. Grouped configurations settings.
  • 23. Every setting involving terrain tags now supports use of more than one terrain tag.
  • 24. Added "Allow Jump Terrain Tags" option.
  • 25. Added "Match Health Bar Width" option.
  • 26. Added "AI Memory Count" option.
  • 27. Added Respawn Point feature and added "3.1.5. Create a Respawn Point" in the manual.
  • 28. Added possibility to create lifeless objects that can be destroyed and added "3.1.5. Create a lifeless Object" in the manual.
  • 29. Added Respawn Point feature and added "3.1.6. Create a Respawn Point" in the manual.
  • 30. Added possibility to retrieve dropped item events using returning projectile weapons (i.e. get a dropped item with a boomerang closer).
  • 31. Added possibility to block enemy movement by adding \m in their name.
  • 32. Added possibility to make enemies immortal block by adding \i in their name.
  • 33. Added possibility to turn on/off running, sneaking and jumping in-game.
  • 34. Added possibility to turn on/off caterpillar in-game.
  • 35. Added possibility to create events that act like dropped Items and added "3.2.8. Dropped Item-like Events" in the manual.
  • 36. Added status effect control and configuration and added "3.2.9. Status Effects" in the manual.
  • 37. Added battleflow controlling commands (such as transform enemy, set enemy HP/SP, etc.) and added "3.2.10. Battleflow Controls" in the manual..
  • 38. Added default beam animation and possibility to use beam sprites.
  • 39. Added defensive attribute ability to evade non-homing projectiles; now enemies will attempt to avoid projectiles if the defensive attribute is being used.
  • 40. Added an enhancement to the leader attribute; now when a leader is ready to attack, he can override the AI Memory Count of his allies and even synchronize the target(s) in order to assist him in the attack.
  • 41. Improved the way controls work. Now more keys can be set up.
  • 42. Improved the way enemies perceive their environment.
  • 43. Improved the way enemies track down battlers who were lost out of sight.
  • 44. Improved the way the destruction engine emulator works.
  • 45. Enemies that have the "Escape" action now might run away. If the action attribute is being used together with the observe attribute, the enemy will evaluate his chances and run away if his enemies are evaluated as too strong.
  • 46. More stable than ever.

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nerissya

WOOT!! ITS OUT!!!   *DOWNLOADS*

Very, vey good job. =)

Chaze007

lol i found an error in config readme

1.1. What is Blizz-ABS Config?

Blizz-ABS Config makes configuration of Blizz-ABS easier than ever. It is a separate application that allows you to configure and set up Blizzard quickly and convenient. After you have finished configuring Blizz-ABS you can let the application generate an equivalent module BlizzABS script which you only need to copy-paste into Part 1 of Blizz-ABS instead of the default configuration. The application allows you to save and load different configurations as well, so you can quickly switch between two or more completely different game setups. You SHOULD NOT include the "Blizz-ABS Config.exe" and the configuration files with your game when you release it. The application needs to be put into the folder where your game is located. It will access following files in order to display data:
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Chaze007

lol you snuck urself in there XD well i g2g 2 school

Sin86

Nice job on the script Blizz.

I got a suggestion for bosses though.

I know you are planning to make a special boss AI but is there also a way on how you can make some enemies be stationary? This would be useful incase if someone was to put in really huge bosses in their game.

Phasedscar

WOW Blizz, just WOW.

I've only been playing around with it for 5 minutes and I can say this, you've really out done yourself.  Awesome job with everything!

The new script editor was an awesome idea, and it really speeds up configurations.  I'm sure everyone else is happy with the wait, this is by large and far more than I think any quite expected.
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

nerissya

Yep, its GREAT. =) gj Blizz. =)

Spoofus

omg i love the config thing you added it is crazy helpful...and i love how
boomerang type weapon bring items to you..but all in all i luvs it you our done yourself again Blizz

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Phasedscar

I noticed the first glitch  :-[

Under the pre-menu color tinting it seems that you have the options out of order.  Blue was Red, and Red is Yellow, Yellow is Magenta.  It seems like everything has been shifted down one in the menu.  Other than that I haven't noticed any problems.
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

legacyblade

nerissya

Quote from: Spoofus on February 29, 2008, 03:36:16 pm
omg i love the config thing you added it is crazy helpful...and i love how
boomerang type weapon bring items to you..but all in all i luvs it you our done yourself again Blizz

QFT

winkio

Nicely done.  This is awesome.  And it will be even more awesome once you release 2.0 with ally AI!!! ;D

Chaze007

if it's possible you should make an easy to use config that edits every aspect of what you need and want in your game, then generate a code or it autoedits the code :) y'know fer nubs.

Nortos

YOU'RE AWESOME BLIZZ I would download but not gonna do it really till at least after 2.0 and once finish my game but *powers you up* because it has such awesome features now

Caro Ru Lushe

I found this when I opened the configurations >__>;;; I ask, what the heck!?

Fantasist

QuoteBlizz-ABS Config requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to be installed! If you don't have it installed, you can download it from here:
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Download
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

nerissya

Lol you need that? Advanced stuff... o.O