[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

March 01, 2008, 09:24:47 am #140 Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 09:30:43 am by Blizzard
Most people have it already installed, but some don't. Just download, install and enjoy.

Quote from: Sin86 on February 29, 2008, 01:23:10 pm
Nice job on the script Blizz.

I got a suggestion for bosses though.

I know you are planning to make a special boss AI but is there also a way on how you can make some enemies be stationary? This would be useful incase if someone was to put in really huge bosses in their game.

Very easy, I added that in the manual. Add \m to the enemy's name and he won't be able to move. And I actually changed my mind about the Boss AI. It won't be necessary as I made it very customizable so people can easily program their own bosses. Read the bolded part below to see what I mean. ;)

Quote from: Phasedscar on February 29, 2008, 04:11:02 pm
I noticed the first glitch  :-[

Under the pre-menu color tinting it seems that you have the options out of order.  Blue was Red, and Red is Yellow, Yellow is Magenta.  It seems like everything has been shifted down one in the menu.  Other than that I haven't noticed any problems.

Thanks for reporting. I'll fix that, lol!

Quote from: Fallen Star on February 29, 2008, 07:21:41 pm
if it's possible you should make an easy to use config that edits every aspect of what you need and want in your game, then generate a code or it autoedits the code :) y'know fer nubs.

I don't quite get what you mean?

Did you know that Blizz-ABS 1.95 now allows something that wasn't possible before? You can easily make an enemy follow a specific route, make him use exactly the attacks you want him to use and by using the Inivincible Status Effect from Tons you can make the enemy even be only vulnerable at specific time intervals.
Of course I will demonstrate this in CoSLAL SE once Blizz-ABS 2.0 is out. I was thinking about...
Spoiler: ShowHide
After Lag-A-Lot and Arshes defeat Lord Flamer, he will transform into a snake-caterpillar boss that follows a specific route and uses specific attacks. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nerissya

Cool, now i can make extremely nice bosses. i kind of missed than in the last version. also \m is awesome for some monsters.. =)

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

Blizzard

March 01, 2008, 10:31:45 am #142 Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 10:32:17 am by Blizzard
Yeah, it's cool for shooting monsters that don't move, just turn around. You can also disable turning around now by simply using RMXP's direction fix option in the event window. I'm not sure if that was possible before. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nerissya

Quote from: Blizzard on March 01, 2008, 10:31:45 am
Yeah, it's cool for shooting monsters that don't move, just turn around. You can also disable turning around now by simply using RMXP's direction fix option in the event window. I'm not sure if that was possible before. xD

Cool. =)

legacyblade

reads about boss movement routines*hesitates*

*hugs blizz*

*jumps back and is disgusted by hugging a guy*

That is awesome! NOW THIS WOOPS!

Caro Ru Lushe

With that installed, and reading more carefully, I am happy that this ABS can be more helpful to what I have plan. ^^;; Can't wait for 2.0

winkio

March 01, 2008, 09:48:28 pm #146 Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 10:10:17 pm by winkio
two questions:

1)  Am I correct in the assumption that object enemies will not create any more lag than regular non-enemy events?  (Nice job with this by the way)
2)  Did I miss something?  Where does it explain the new boss setup?  I saw the new battleflow controls, but how do I implement them?  And movement?

The states are good too.  That is something that your system has needed for a long time.

nerissya

Blizzard, i still dont learn any skills and my char doesn't have the skills from the beginning. :'(

Caro Ru Lushe

I was playing around with the ABS and got the following error when I push "S" to go down in game play:

. . . What did I do wrong now?

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on March 01, 2008, 09:48:28 pm
two questions:

1)  Am I correct in the assumption that object enemies will not create any more lag than regular non-enemy events?  (Nice job with this by the way)
2)  Did I miss something?  Where does it explain the new boss setup?  I saw the new battleflow controls, but how do I implement them?  And movement?

The states are good too.  That is something that your system has needed for a long time.

1) Yes, you are. Since Object events don't get updated by the AI, the lag caused by the AI doesn't affect them. The only additional lag will come from damage sprites and the memory usage of a map object is higher than a normal event's, but this doesn't create lag.
2) Not at all. You don't need it anymore. You can easily use a switch so a boss doesn't respawn. You can create a moving route easily and you can use the battleflow commands as part of moving routes. The commands are typed into the "Call Script" window directly like described in the manual. I made a userfriendly script interface where you only have to use calls like "enemy_transform(SELF, 22)" or something like that.

@DAS: I'll look into it.

Aqua

Hiya Blizz!

Love the script :P

Was wondering if it is possible to achieve some of these things...

Spoiler: ShowHide

A user-controlled projectile skill.  (so the projectile goes the same direction the player is facing)

HUDs for all the characters in the party (3 people for my game)

Not having a projectile shoot right when the button is pressed.  (so it can appear to be charged up)

An ally that fights but is not considered part of your party.  (Basically a critter that only attacks enemies)

Mmm that's all that I can think of right now that I think would be cool additions to the system...

Again, great job on this script and can't wait for V2.0

Blizzard

There will be a few of those features. I was planning a HUD plugin for 4 people, but I might make a support for any number of party members. I am only concerned about the lag that will be created and the space that will be taken up. In Blizz-ABS 2.0 you will be able to summon pets (can level up and get stronger) and monsters (don't level up) and they are not part of the party.

The two projectile ideas sound very interesting and useful. I might make those two types for skills and items. :)

Aqua

Cool!  I gave Blizz ideas.  I feel proud :P

Good luck with updating to 2.0!

nerissya

Sounds cool Blizz. Good luck!

SFMartiz

Hey, Blizz. I gotta say that's one nice script ya made here  :P.
The only bad thing is that exploding range doesn't work for me :-\. Bug?

Blizzard

Possibly. I have made many changes since the last time I tested exploding skills. It's possible that I messed up one time. I'll look into it.

Aqua

Exploding skills work fine for me... Hm...

Well one problem I have is that the enemies don't use their magic I gave them.
I made the default AI '00010101'.  Could that be the problem???

Blizzard

Hm... I don't know... If you didn't turn on "actions" which is the second from the left, enemies should decide their actions using the default way. Try making an enemy that has only one skill possible. Then change that skill and see if it works. Then do that again with two skills, but try messing around with the "rating" number. An action with a higher rating is more likely to be executed.

Aqua

Okay I got it to work... sorta...

I had to give the enemies with magic the 'action' attribute so that they would attack.  And also, they need to have 2 magic spells along with attack or else they just stand there.

Blizzard

Maybe something's wrong with the way they decide actions... I've had similar problems earlier. Enemies wouldn't attack if they didn't have a skill as well, but I thought I fixed that...