[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundora

July 21, 2010, 05:30:21 pm #3680 Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 05:32:37 pm by Dundora
I have another suggestion / question for your script;

You see, I have a bridge that is completely made up from events, this is because I want it to disappear after you've past it.
The problem is that with Blizz ABS  you cant walk through/over events, not even when i have the through function enabled.

Any suggestions on how to solve it ???

EDIT: Nvm that, I'll just try disabeling Blizz ABS when I'm passing the bridge, and switching them on again after.
Hope this helped anyone els :P

WhiteRose

Quote from: Dundora on July 21, 2010, 05:30:21 pm
I have another suggestion / question for your script;

You see, I have a bridge that is completely made up from events, this is because I want it to disappear after you've past it.
The problem is that with Blizz ABS  you cant walk through/over events, not even when i have the through function enabled.

Any suggestions on how to solve it ???

Make two identical maps - one with the bridge, and one without.

Dundora

The above is easier...
Thnx for your reply though :)

The Niche

Quote from: ShadowPierce on July 21, 2010, 12:47:17 pm
->I'd just like to ask how to make actors (specifically party members) to move like in set move route in a parallel/autorun event so they don't look all scattered in cutscenes, and so they can also have roles in cutscenes? I've been reading the manual all day andI can't seem to find a single answer... (~_~)

I'd really appreciate your help! ^^

This was what I was talking about when I mentioned CCOA's caterpillar, as well as the way it interacts with her UMS. It's an important question and I know several people want to be able to do it.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

winkio

The easy answer to that question is to disable caterpillar and make events for the party members.

The Niche

...Really not into that one. It would work for cutscenes I guess but it's sorta...yeah, ya know. Anyway, it's nothing worth worrying about.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Lost King

The combo system looks stunning ;D But I seem to have run into a problem. I'm trying to make a simple dash combo thing, you use the skill, and the character runs real fast and attacks, so I set it up like this:
>Freeze Character Input
>Character: Set Move Speed to 6
>Move: Forward for 12 steps (I'm using 2 for pixel movement so 3 tiles)
>Wait for Move Completion
>Attack

Now, it'll move forward the 3 tiles, wait, and then attack, but it does it at normal walking speed.
*Scribble Scribble* Oh right, not that sort of signature.

winkio

Try setting move frequency to 6 as well.

Dundora

Ok here I am again :P

I dont know how I keep running into these problems but I do  :<_<:

My problem this time is that my allies simply wont preform any skills, they DO have skills,
and I know I can set up triggers but I also know that they use to preform skills by them selfs, or was this changed in a newer version?

Lost King

I tried changing the move frequency as well, no luck. Can you, or anyone else for that matter, get the speed change to work? I don't think I have any obscure scripts that would screw it up, but it wouldn't hurt to check if it's just an error in my project.
*Scribble Scribble* Oh right, not that sort of signature.

Hellfire Dragon

Couldn't find this in the manual but is there a way to check if there is any enemies in Blizz-ABSEAL range?

Jragyn

Mister Winkio (or whomever can answer I guess)

I'm excited to see the addition of the 3.6.x series of the help manual for BlizzABS.
Though I'd like a bit of readable confirmation from the master:

Effectively, a combo is like...a common event run when you run a combo? Except (obviously) it runs the chain of events you setup within the combo when its linked to item/weapon/skill/whatever ?

A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

winkio

A combo allows you to create weapons, skills, and items that are able to do more than the pre-defined stuff.  They are similar to an RMXP event in construction and function.

A combo can only be run via linking from a weapon, skill, item, or enemy attack.  You can't just run a combo out of the blue.  You can, however, link multiple weapons, skills, or items to the same combo.

G_G

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on July 23, 2010, 11:17:34 am
Couldn't find this in the manual but is there a way to check if there is any enemies in Blizz-ABSEAL range?

I'd like to know as well. I couldn't find it in the manual either.

winkio

Not as of now.  Tell me why it's useful and I'll add it in.

Blizzard

I'm pretty sure that I already did add a direct script call for that (update_battle or something like that in Scene_Map). You'd just need to put it in the manual then.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sin86

Theres a problem, i have one where a character is suppose to throw this beam move. The beam is a shooting skill. However, i set it to a combo and the combo is freeze input, then the input window as up, down and left, all are set to be pressed.

Then i choose goto action, i enter 2, then on action 2, it should perform the skill.

Yet whenever i hit J(the default skill button). it just goes straight to using the skill without pressing the buttons.

Godsigma

Ok, I don't post alot because either I don't need alot of things or I just generally don't need help. I can't get the damn thing to work right... If i use my basic fire spell, then use a water spell or any other the game works fine. But if i try to use the same spell twice, or even with one or two inbetween. it crashes. It says Game_battler_3 line 193. its talking about the Int_F section and it seems to be the spells don't wanna work right. am I the only person whos had this problem? I upgraded to the new blizz ABS 2.8 and alot of stuff works great and more i hope will work even better, blizz did an amazing job and i know winkio will keep it up but now im confused as ever... help me be rid of this pleeeeaaase? ill go away agian for a long time if you do! (atleast till my game is done... which reminds me i need to delete that post.)

winkio

Quote from: Sin86 on July 28, 2010, 03:55:23 pm
Theres a problem, i have one where a character is suppose to throw this beam move. The beam is a shooting skill. However, i set it to a combo and the combo is freeze input, then the input window as up, down and left, all are set to be pressed.

Then i choose goto action, i enter 2, then on action 2, it should perform the skill.

Yet whenever i hit J(the default skill button). it just goes straight to using the skill without pressing the buttons.

You need a condition to check if the input window was successful.

Quote from: Godsigma on July 28, 2010, 05:38:06 pm
Ok, I don't post alot because either I don't need alot of things or I just generally don't need help. I can't get the damn thing to work right... If i use my basic fire spell, then use a water spell or any other the game works fine. But if i try to use the same spell twice, or even with one or two inbetween. it crashes. It says Game_battler_3 line 193. its talking about the Int_F section and it seems to be the spells don't wanna work right. am I the only person whos had this problem? I upgraded to the new blizz ABS 2.8 and alot of stuff works great and more i hope will work even better, blizz did an amazing job and i know winkio will keep it up but now im confused as ever... help me be rid of this pleeeeaaase? ill go away agian for a long time if you do! (atleast till my game is done... which reminds me i need to delete that post.)

Wait, i don't get it, it just doesn't let you use the skill twice in a row?

Sin86

Every time I try to use a skill, I hit the J button and everything happens all at once, I'm really really confused with this combo system.  :???: