[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

March 06, 2008, 10:27:06 am #180 Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 10:28:41 am by Blizzard
Quote from: TerreAqua on March 05, 2008, 10:14:29 pm
I found a bug that can be easily fixed.

You don't have a method (I think that's what it's called) for No Tinting of the Pre-menu screen.
Part 3 Lines 5764-5803: ShowHide
      # tint viewport
      @view.tone = case BlizzABS::Config::MENU_COLOR_TINT
      when 0
        # a random tint
        case rand(8)
        # darker tint
        when 0 then Tone.new(-60, -60, -60, 0)
        # blue tint
        when 1 then Tone.new(-255, -255, 0, 255)
        # green tint
        when 2 then Tone.new(-255, 0, -255, 255)
        # red tint
        when 3 then Tone.new(0, -255, -255, 255)
        # yellow tint
        when 4 then Tone.new(0, 0, -255, 255)
        # mangenta tint
        when 5 then Tone.new(0, -255, 0, 255)
        # cyan tint
        when 6 then Tone.new(-255, 0, 0, 255)
        # black-white tint
        when 7 then Tone.new(-40, -40, -40, 255)
        end
      # black-white tint
      when 1 then Tone.new(-40, -40, -40, 255)
      # blue tint
      when 2 then Tone.new(-255, -255, 0, 255)
      # green tint
      when 3 then Tone.new(-255, 0, -255, 255)
      # red tint
      when 4 then Tone.new(0, -255, -255, 255)
      # yellow tint
      when 5 then Tone.new(0, 0, -255, 255)
      # mangenta tint
      when 6 then Tone.new(0, -255, 0, 255)
      # cyan tint
      when 7 then Tone.new(-255, 0, 0, 255)
      # darker tint
      when 8 then Tone.new(-60, -60, -60, 0)
      end

Should be...: ShowHide
      # tint viewport
      when 0
        # a random tint
        case rand(8)
        # darker tint
        # blue tint
        # green tint
        # red tint
        # yellow tint
        # mangenta tint
        # cyan tint
        # black-white tint
        end
      # no tint
      when -1 then Tone.new(0, 0, 0, 0)
      # black-white tint
      # blue tint
      # green tint
      # red tint
      # yellow tint
      # mangenta tint
      # cyan tint
      # darker tint
      end

Also, is there a way to slow down/speed up the speed of projectiles of different skills/items?

I'll fix it, don't worry. And no, projectiles have a specialized speed behavior to easify things for the user.

Quote from: Sin86 on March 05, 2008, 01:50:20 pm
A major problem with the config tool is that you cannot open any saved configurations. It keeps warning me about that damn netframe thing.

Did you download and install .NET Framework 2.0? I can open the files just fine. Keep in mind that there is always a default filename: blizzabs.cfg. Also keep in mind that you will get prompted to save the configruation before you open a new one. Maybe you've accidently overwritten the file. I'm still thinking about removing that feature, but I'm not sure.

Quote from: nerissya on March 05, 2008, 01:52:19 pm
Btw Blizzard, any chance you could implement a "mind control" skill thing? you know a way to control your enemies for a short amount of time..? I need it for meh game. =)

Erm... use a confusing skill? xD

Quote from: Manual3.2.9. Status Effects

Blizz-ABS possesses a status effect handling system which can enhance the game experience even further.

1. When a status effect changes progressively the HP/SP, Blizz-ABS will apply this effect on the map and change the value every second.
2. When a status effect was set to force attack on allies, this status will be treated in two different ways. If the affected battler is being controlled by the player, the controls will be inverted for the player. If the affected battler is not being controlled by the player, the battler's target recognition will be inverted and the battler will perceive allies as enemies and enemies as allies. The battler will still perceive himself as ally.
3. When a status effect is set to disable movement, all Blizz-ABS controls and all movement controls will be disabled during that time.

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sin86

I went to get Netframe 2 and that still didn't work for me as I am still getting that annoying message and cannot load any new configurations. Its as if I have to change this thing every time I start it up.

nerissya

Quote from: BlizzHard on March 06, 2008, 10:27:06 am
Quote from: TerreAqua on March 05, 2008, 10:14:29 pm
I found a bug that can be easily fixed.

You don't have a method (I think that's what it's called) for No Tinting of the Pre-menu screen.
Part 3 Lines 5764-5803: ShowHide
      # tint viewport
      when 0
        # a random tint
        case rand(8)
        # darker tint
        # blue tint
        # green tint
        # red tint
        # yellow tint
        # mangenta tint
        # cyan tint
        # black-white tint
        end
      # black-white tint
      # blue tint
      # green tint
      # red tint
      # yellow tint
      # mangenta tint
      # cyan tint
      # darker tint
      end

Should be...: ShowHide
      # tint viewport
      when 0
        # a random tint
        case rand(8)
        # darker tint
        # blue tint
        # green tint
        # red tint
        # yellow tint
        # mangenta tint
        # cyan tint
        # black-white tint
        end
      # no tint
      when -1 then Tone.new(0, 0, 0, 0)
      # black-white tint
      # blue tint
      # green tint
      # red tint
      # yellow tint
      # mangenta tint
      # cyan tint
      # darker tint
      end

Also, is there a way to slow down/speed up the speed of projectiles of different skills/items?

I'll fix it, don't worry. And no, projectiles have a specialized speed behavior to easify things for the user.

Quote from: Sin86 on March 05, 2008, 01:50:20 pm
A major problem with the config tool is that you cannot open any saved configurations. It keeps warning me about that damn netframe thing.

Did you download and install .NET Framework 2.0? I can open the files just fine. Keep in mind that there is always a default filename: blizzabs.cfg. Also keep in mind that you will get prompted to save the configruation before you open a new one. Maybe you've accidently overwritten the file. I'm still thinking about removing that feature, but I'm not sure.

Quote from: nerissya on March 05, 2008, 01:52:19 pm
Btw Blizzard, any chance you could implement a "mind control" skill thing? you know a way to control your enemies for a short amount of time..? I need it for meh game. =)

Erm... use a confusing skill? xD

Quote from: Manual3.2.9. Status Effects

Blizz-ABS possesses a status effect handling system which can enhance the game experience even further.

1. When a status effect changes progressively the HP/SP, Blizz-ABS will apply this effect on the map and change the value every second.
2. When a status effect was set to force attack on allies, this status will be treated in two different ways. If the affected battler is being controlled by the player, the controls will be inverted for the player. If the affected battler is not being controlled by the player, the battler's target recognition will be inverted and the battler will perceive allies as enemies and enemies as allies. The battler will still perceive himself as ally.
3. When a status effect is set to disable movement, all Blizz-ABS controls and all movement controls will be disabled during that time.

That was.. confusing..

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

legacyblade

Oh, I found a bug. I added one of my characters to the "animated character array" (yes I used the config, but it added it to the array perfectly)....but they're not animated.

Also, is there a way to make the sprite animated in the window for characters in the animated character array? That' would be nice.

Chaze007

Quoteif it's possible you should make an easy to use config that edits every aspect of what you need and want in your game, then generate a code or it autoedits the code  y'know fer nubs.

What I mean is something that goes into blizz abs without having to change it "Within" the script or the little in the config. kinda like the rmxp database you should make everything to be edited in something like that like custom controls in 1 section AI's in another altough i don't use blizz-abs atm I'm just guessing here :)
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

diablosbud

March 06, 2008, 05:48:33 pm #185 Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 09:27:53 pm by diablosbud
BlizzHard, we have a problem. I get a wierd error about shaded text drawing when I don't have shaded text enabled  ???. Here is the error message's text:

"Script 'Blizz-ABS - Part3' line 3216: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'draw_text_shaded_later' for #<Bitmap:0x60d32a8>"

Here is the Blizz-ABS - Part3 line 3216: "             draw_text_shaded_later(xx, yy, w, h, text, a)}}"

I have no idea what it is talking about could you please help me?

Oh, yea nice configuration program, it's extremely useful, because of the fact you don't have to directly edit the script making it easier, and the fact that you can just open it up and make updates to the battle system in minutes.

EDIT: All fixed it was my Tons of Add-ons version.

I just want to say one more thing "BLIZZHARD YOU ROCK FOR SPENDING SOO MUCH TIME ON THIS BATTLE SYSTEM, TO MAKE PEOPLE WHO WANT ABS's EXTREMELY JOYED!". Thank you for making this ABS it rocks!

Blizzard

Quote from: legacyblade on March 06, 2008, 01:43:56 pm
Oh, I found a bug. I added one of my characters to the "animated character array" (yes I used the config, but it added it to the array perfectly)....but they're not animated.

Also, is there a way to make the sprite animated in the window for characters in the animated character array? That' would be nice.

I'll fix that ASAP. I think I already know what is causing the problem.

Quote from: Sin86 on March 06, 2008, 12:31:31 pm
I went to get Netframe 2 and that still didn't work for me as I am still getting that annoying message and cannot load any new configurations. Its as if I have to change this thing every time I start it up.

Hm... When you start the application, the default will be set up. That's why you can save the configuration to a .cfg file and load later for editing. The script generator is only for actual use. Did you confuse those two maybe? If not, then sorry, I don't think that I am able to help you. =/ You'll have to configure it manually or remake it everytime you start the config. =/

Quote from: Fallen Star on March 06, 2008, 05:18:20 pm
Quoteif it's possible you should make an easy to use config that edits every aspect of what you need and want in your game, then generate a code or it autoedits the code  y'know fer nubs.

What I mean is something that goes into blizz abs without having to change it "Within" the script or the little in the config. kinda like the rmxp database you should make everything to be edited in something like that like custom controls in 1 section AI's in another altough i don't use blizz-abs atm I'm just guessing here :)

Actually the Blizz-ABS Config.exe is separated into 12 (?) tabs where every tabscreen has one group of congurations which you can set up as if it was the database, it just has a different interface. In other words, what you want is what I alread made possible with the Blizz-ABS Config.exe. :) I was a bit faster with that idea. ;)

@diablosbud: Lol, I read half of your post and already typed down to tell you to upgrade Tons when I saw the rest. xD
And call me Blizzard, Blizz or Bliz, the "H" is just there for fun for a couple of days. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

darklight

Hey Blizz,

Just an idea for future versions of Blizz-ABS, or even Tons - what about events that react based on what weapon you have equipped? Boulders that can be smashed only with your axe, or vines that can only be cut with slashing weapons, or events that can be activated only with a flail.

Dunno know how possible it is to implement, but it's an idea.

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

ramonbastos

I think its already possible..

Btw, Blizz, are u the chick at the picture?

lol jk

Blizzard

You can make the weapons have elements which are "axe", "sword", etc. and simply make those "enemies" be invulnerable by swords. ::)

Sin86

Is there a way on how to heal all allies using a magic move(I'm talking a direct/shockwave type) without the caterpillar on?

Blizzard

Only in the menu. If they are not on the map, you can't heal them on the map. xD

Aqua

Hm... is there a way to make skills/items target a random enemy/ally in range?

That'd be cool to have :3

scoace13

i have a question does your abs system allow me to disable the map battles in favor of the origional battle scenes be cause i work really hard on my animations and and devoted a lot of tim to gathering batterers that i really dpnt want to lose but i would really enjoy have the availibility of and abs in my game

Real Mugen

Hi guys!! .... a little qestion!....Exist something like easy lvup notifier for Blizz abs?  :)

Blizzard

Not really. I think that would be a cool idea for a plugin. When you level up a window slides in from the side, displays you the new attributes and disappears aftet, IDK, 5 seconds.

@scoace13: Yes, Blizz-ABS still allows you to use the normal battle scene or a custom battle scene (i.e. like RTAB) for a turn based system. You can only disable the battle controls, enemies will still go after you. =/ Read 3.2.7. of the manual. Maybe I should make the controls disable enemy behavior as well...

Sowtis

March 14, 2008, 10:36:58 am #196 Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:42:47 am by Sowtis
OMG OMG OMG! This ABS Script is Delicious!

BUT... I need some questions answered...

The status display...

Is it possible to customize it? Like the HP, MP and Exp bar are all just, plain bars.
I'd like to enhance the looks of them, how would I do that?

EDIT: I saw this status display in an ABS game...

(I move some stuff around...)

But could I get something like that?

Blizzard

Of course you can do that. It would require some custom scripting, but it is possible.

Sowtis

Quote from: Blizzard on March 14, 2008, 11:10:45 am
Of course you can do that. It would require some custom scripting, but it is possible.

Ok, but... I don't reallyhave knowledge with RGSS... Could you tell me how to do it? Like, actually DO some for me? If not fine, but yeah...

Also, throughout the game, the status is ALWAYS displayed, how would I turn it off automatically?
For like and introduction at the start of a game or something...

Lastly, could you send me a script that lets me make an intro to the game BEFORE they even see the title screen?

Blizzard

Well, I'm pretty short of time, so no, I won't have the time to do it. But you can always post a topic in script requests and ask for a custom HUD. Just be sure to give detailed information on how you want it to look like. Somebody else might have the time to make it for you. :)

Yeah, there are several types of intro scripts. You can either use one that plays an .avi video or you can try using my "Picture Scene" from "Tons of Add-ons". I have added instructions i the add-on's header how to make a scene appear before the title.