[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

Yeah, I meant to release it last weekend, but I decided that instead of doing a quick and dirty fix for forcemove commands, I would just rewrite that whole part so that I would be able to make a few other features more easily.  It'll be out soon enough.

Taiine

This is a very dumb question, but from reading the manual, and messing with this in my test game for a few days now.. I am stumped..

How do you make enemies summon other enemies? I can make the player summon just fine, but setting up the enemy with the summon skill and such.. even making it be the only thing it uses... it will not cast the summon.

Also for the players summon, have a small issue to. While that works fine, the summon is meant to aid in battle, however it will just happily follow along until something chooses to attack it, or it gets hit with splash damage, only then will it join the fight. So I can have three or so enemies attacking me, eating me alive, yet my summon will just sit there twiddling it's thumbs until it finally gets hit by something. So how can I set the summons to attack what I just attacked rather then sit there like an idiot until something pokes it?

OracleGames

QuoteThis is a very dumb question, but from reading the manual, and messing with this in my test game for a few days now.. I am stumped..

How do you make enemies summon other enemies? I can make the player summon just fine, but setting up the enemy with the summon skill and such.. even making it be the only thing it uses... it will not cast the summon.

They Cannot summon at the moment, in my game i placed spawn points near the monster i wanted to act as the summoner and deactivate spawn  points with a switch after it died.

QuoteAlso for the players summon, have a small issue to. While that works fine, the summon is meant to aid in battle, however it will just happily follow along until something chooses to attack it, or it gets hit with splash damage, only then will it join the fight. So I can have three or so enemies attacking me, eating me alive, yet my summon will just sit there twiddling it's thumbs until it finally gets hit by something. So how can I set the summons to attack what I just attacked rather then sit there like an idiot until something pokes it?

That´s weird why dont you check your game database? are most of your enemies passive or critters?

Taiine

No there not passive or critters. They come out after you if you get close and go ROAR and start smacking you around. Call my summon, attack, get attacked.. and it just sits there doing nothing. Only after the summon gets targetd or hit by splash damage that it wakes up and joins the battle.

My test game I'm fiddleing with these on still has all the original monsters and their skills aside a few custom that I was working with to sort things out. Using just plane old \e[1] for my enemy, it attacks on agro. Even yeah, have a few passive mobs testing on, but they become aggressive and attack back after you attack them.

Regardless, my summon is more then happy sitting back watching as I get beaten up until something also pokes it.

This is almost the opposite issue I had with extra party members.. just normal party members out with the caterpillar system they would wonder off on their own and attack EVERYTHING that had an \e in it regardless how I set the \ai and relations, passive, friendly, neutral, if it had an \e in it, they'd leave my side and go on a field trip. I didn't even have to do anything, something just had to get close and party would go nuts even with their AI set to passive all the way.. they'd insta become active when something got close.

So my party members want to go nazi on everything friendly or not. and my summons want to sit around and watch you deal with everything.  :P

OracleGames

September 30, 2010, 11:39:13 pm #3844 Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:46:14 pm by OracleGames
No there not passive or critters. They come out after you if you get close and go ROAR and start smacking you around. Call my summon, attack, get attacked.. and it just sits there doing nothing. Only after the summon gets targetd or hit by splash damage that it wakes up and joins the battle.

My test game I'm fiddleing with these on still has all the original monsters and their skills aside a few custom that I was working with to sort things out. Using just plane old \e[1] for my enemy, it attacks on agro. Even yeah, have a few passive mobs testing on, but they become aggressive and attack back after you attack them.

Regardless, my summon is more then happy sitting back watching as I get beaten up until something also pokes it.

This is almost the opposite issue I had with extra party members.. just normal party members out with the caterpillar system they would wonder off on their own and attack EVERYTHING that had an \e in it regardless how I set the \ai and relations, passive, friendly, neutral, if it had an \e in it, they'd leave my side and go on a field trip. I didn't even have to do anything, something just had to get close and party would go nuts even with their AI set to passive all the way.. they'd insta become active when something got close.

So my party members want to go nazi on everything friendly or not. and my summons want to sit around and watch you deal with everything.

ok, you can try the following...
1.- Download the newest Blizz-ABS version and make a fresh new project where you can place the  config file and the script that comes with it accordingly.
2.- When you place your enemies add the \e but also the \g (alignment group) to their event names (check alignments in the config program)
3.- Create the summon (as an actor not as a monster) in your database and give it a weapon and skills
4.- in the config.exe instead of making the skill summon a monster try "pets"

I dont know what to say about party members, had the same issues, ally AI was so harsh but still they didnt attack other friendly mobs so the problem must rely in the way you are using aligment groups, also, dont give your party members too much SP or the freaks will spam skills in everything they see xD

Taiine

That is what my test game is. A fresh game with the newest version of BABS to test and sort out how to do these different things and be sure they work before implementing them into my game.

My party... haa that's a fun one. I set up this mock town to test NPCs and Guards to test alignments, NPC's set with no skills aside escape so they would try and flee, as well as \ai so they call for help.. they wouldn't do anything unless you attacked first. The guards set same way only set to attack rather then flee. So friendly NPC's unless you poke them.. all is good!  Walk in with party... party starts going nuts going after everything while I stand there going SAD FACE as guards make me public enemy #1 for not doing anything but walking in with a party that goes OMG IT HAS \E IN NAME KILL IT KILL IT! :P
They even go after my harmless critters! Aww a lake with bunnies and squirrels OMG \E KILL EM KILL EM. >.> I think my party has anger management issues. ^^; Though got to admit it is funny to see them run off mass murdering endless spawning npc's... Even friendly mobs with alignments being friendly to player, they still went after.

But.. yeah... ANYWAY!  My summons are the real issue right now. They lack my party's thrill of killing and just sit back and relax. Rather set as a monster or a pet, it don't change how it reacts, only that as a pet it will level with me.. but it still wont do anything unless it some how gets hit by something. They don't even go after the very mobs my party would go crazy on.

It's a bit frustrating cause I planed on this area where when you first learn the skill to summon you get a 'practice' go with it. a.k.a you awaken a room of enemies and fight your way through. I finally got it balanced enough that, if your careful, you CAN beat it on your own (with the slight chance of needing a potion, but can be done with out), but having a buddy/summon to help would make it that more easier... or it would, if the summon would DO something besides follow behind waiting to be attacked before it jumps finally into action. I can't even start to balance out the summon so it don't over power everything or be to weak or last to long/to short cause... it wont attack when I attack something :/ I've gone through the whole fight with the summon trailing behind doing nothing cause it hadn't gotten hit. When it DOES get hit and attack.. if it despawns and is recalled.. it's 'reset' and wont attack until poked again. That defeats the purpose of the summon. :(

rodas

October 03, 2010, 09:05:54 pm #3846 Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 10:42:02 pm by rodas
Input.press?('Arrow Down')

So I'm putting this on a conditional branch and I get an error on line 7289

saying "cannot make string into integer" or something like that...
I think i'm doing something wrong but i'm not sure what.. I haven't used this in a while so I'm pretty noobish at the moment. Please help out.

trigger also does the same thing

EDIT: YEAH!!! I got it... I thought it was weird to put the input thing inside another input and it did't make sense... turns out that was the answer... oh well.. Problem solved.. after many hours... >.> Someone telling me would have made it a ton easier.. but whatever.. thanks anyways  :)  ;)
Hey! I will do some evented systems, if you have something pm me and I will see what I can do. I will do only one at a time as I am also working on a game.

Jragyn

Mister Winkio,

Blizzard says to remind you about fixing the:
    def additional_result(enemy)
      # if Tons of Add-ons there and EQUAP active
      if $tons_version != nil && $tons_version >= 7.32 &&
          TONS_OF_ADDONS::EQUAP_SKILLS
        # get AP result
        ap = BlizzCFG.gainap(enemy.battler_id)       <----------------------------------------------- personal fix
        # for each actor
        $BlizzABS.battlers.each {|battler|
            # if actor can gain AP
            if battler.valid? && (!battler.battler.dead? || GAIN_DEAD)
              # add AP
              battler.battler.add_ap(ap)
            end}
      end
    end

as normally that line reads:
ap = BlizzCFG.gainap(enemy.id)

and that somehow makes it so that you gain AP values = to their map event ID.  :???:

:D

--J
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

OracleGames

October 05, 2010, 06:58:56 pm #3848 Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 09:37:58 pm by OracleGames
Oh my Gosh!! you can move while defending, is that intended or a new bug?  :O.o:
It looks and feels so wrong.

EDIT: Never mind xD just changed the controls so "turn around" and defend use the same button, i say it feels wrong because there is not directional defense, so you can just walk over any map complety impervious to attacks.

Taiine

Got a question that after a bit of searching could not find.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Where in the script is the control for the black part of the map? I'm changing the colors from black/gray to a more old mapping rusty colorish style, but can't find the color control for the black 'you can't walk here' sections.

OracleGames

Quoteot a question that after a bit of searching could not find.
(click to show/hide)
Where in the script is the control for the black part of the map? I'm changing the colors from black/gray to a more old mapping rusty colorish style, but can't find the color control for the black 'you can't walk here' sections.

:0 Blizz knows, Nice map and HUD btw.

Blizzard

I don't know from memory, but it should be close to the color definition where you changed the white part.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Taiine

The area for color is script 2 _minimap_autotile (line 824 and down)
yet only color controls are for the floor/walls.
    c1 = Color.new(191, 191, 191)
    c2 = Color.new(255, 255, 255)
Past that are all the controls for placing the tiles for the map. Looks like it must be controlled in the 3rd one somewhere.

@OracleGames  Thanks. <3 Zhub. Just wish I could get an exp bar with it and sort out why the image for the mini map vanishes if the maps open on map change.

winkio

under

def create_passable_floor

you should see

self.bitmap.fill_rect(0, 0, 8*w, 8*h, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 128))

just change the color at the end of that.

Taiine

Alright thanks. :3 After fiddling with it, I found with my zhub map image it looked better with transparency set to 0
Hmm.. can you turn off the big map but keep the small?

Dooz

Hi, I'm new on the forum. I downloaded Blizz 2.79 abs,and i have a problem:

( I don't speak english, I'm using the google translate.)

OracleGames

Quote from: Dooz on October 12, 2010, 02:51:59 pm
Hi, I'm new on the forum. I downloaded Blizz 2.79 abs,and i have a problem:

( I don't speak english, I'm using the google translate.)

English:
Place the scripts separated and in the order sugested (123) above "main", you should also take a few minutes to read the manual ;) very helpful.

Español:
Inserta los scripts separados en 3 partes como sugieren los archivos de texto, arriba de "main", deberias de paso tomarte unos minutitos para leer el manual, ahi viene todo lo k necesitas saber.

Dooz

I have already done that,and i think i know what is problem,this:

And i don't speak Spanish, I speak Polish and Norwegian.

Blizzard

Either you didn't paste the script properly and you have a duplicate of that script somewhere or one of the other scripts that you are using has defined Game_System#init_blizzabs_later as well. The latter is highly unlikely so you should check your scripts.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Dooz

October 12, 2010, 05:26:19 pm #3859 Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 12:32:10 pm by Blizzard
I pasted part 2 instead for part 3,but i have another problem: