[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Don't run Blizz-ABS with old savegames. Run a new game.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Dooz

October 12, 2010, 06:38:05 pm #3861 Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 12:31:20 pm by Blizzard
That is new game.

EDIT: Okay,it's working, but I had to modify the default controls.

Blizzard

Please don't doublepost, use the edit/modify button instead.
Also, put images into spoilers.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

LiTTleDRAgo

I got this error after using projectile skill on a wall/object
Spoiler: ShowHide

in the line 305

what should I do to fix this? (sorry if my english is bad)

Blizzard

Did you change your map's tileset? If you change the tileset to a smaller one for a map, then old mapping data might remain on that map with tile IDs that don't exist anymore. First try to see if it happens on every map. Then try editing and saving the maps that have that problem. Just a small edit so you can save it is enough. This should make RMXP remove all non-existing tiles from the map.

SFJake

I'm sorry to spout such a question that is probably quite dumb compared to many others, but fact is I have absolutely no clue what to do and how to do it, regardless of how simple to do it.

I just started with RPG Maker XP, because of this thing. All I wanted was add weapon animations (sword) to my character when he attacks. He can attack and everything, there is just no sword.

I tried following the manual, I tried using Chronicles of Sir Lag-a-Lot to see how its done, but to no avail, I can use the same exact sprites and nothing works.

Maybe I'm missing some logic, some simple things, but no explanation and google search shed any light. I just don't understand it, thats all I can say, and would really like some help here.

Blizzard

Turning on the option for attack animations would help. *points to config app*

SFJake

Quote from: Blizzard on October 15, 2010, 07:36:28 pm
Turning on the option for attack animations would help. *points to config app*

Oh god.

Can't believe I missed that.

Thank you!

Taiine

October 15, 2010, 11:43:35 pm #3868 Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 01:04:58 am by Taiine
Posting this here cause I am STILL unable to make new posts cause of that CP error thing...

I have this as a common event to drain SP (energy in my game) when you run. (I also set this to parallel and it still gives the same issue bellow)

Now all and all it works fine! When running it drains, when walking it increases.
Until you drain the bar completely, once fully drained to 0, it will not regen at all, it will remain at zero.

It has to do with the variable that tells it if SP is below 3 disable running, otherwise allow running. I know this as I tested it with out that snip of code. With out that, player can run all over and SP bar will drain and increase when they stop... but with noting to disable running, the SP bar can be fully empty and player can still run, though if they stop, the SP bar starts to refill again.

But with the small snip that tells it to disable running, the SP bar stoops refilling after it gets to zero.

I'm unsure what is causing this. It ONLY stops increasing once you fully drain the SP bar with the turn off running branch is present.

Additionally, did something change in the last build? When I add the branches to check if an arrow key is also being pressed before it starts doing the drain (so you don't drain energy while standing in place) I get

thats with using call script
Input.pressed?(Input::Key['Arrow Up'])
and so on. But it gives that error. It use to work! I have a demo of another game that uses the last version of the battle system and it also uses the same means and it don't throw an error back.

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: Blizzard on October 15, 2010, 06:20:19 am
Did you change your map's tileset? If you change the tileset to a smaller one for a map, then old mapping data might remain on that map with tile IDs that don't exist anymore. First try to see if it happens on every map. Then try editing and saving the maps that have that problem. Just a small edit so you can save it is enough. This should make RMXP remove all non-existing tiles from the map.

problem solved ^^

and one more thing,
when my character is running and I press the jump button, my character can go through the wall and end up in the next room

#------------#      #------------#
#            #      #            #
#  x>>>>>>>> # jump #>>X         #

is this a bug?

WhiteRose

Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on October 16, 2010, 01:03:19 am
Quote from: Blizzard on October 15, 2010, 06:20:19 am

problem solved ^^

and one more thing,
when my character is running and I press the jump button, my character can go through the wall and end up in the next room

#  x>>>>>>>> # jump #>>X         #

is this a bug?

If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I've used Blizz-ABS,) you can set a terrain tag as the "wall" tag in the configuration. Just make sure that all of your wall tiles are marked with that tag.

The Niche

Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Blizzard

Quote from: Taiine on October 15, 2010, 11:43:35 pm
Posting this here cause I am STILL unable to make new posts cause of that CP error thing...

As I already said, you should contact your ISP about that.
BTW, you can post in any topic and ask the post to be split off as its own topic. Just keep in mind that you might have problems then editing that post.

Taiine

O have called them, told them about this. They told me that they hadn't done any recent changed to their system and that their ip's are not not listed or blocked by their spam blockers. This is the only site I have this issue on. :( I even asked if they could assign my router to a new range of IP's.. they did what they could, yet I still can't post.

This is very frustrating.

....and I'd still like help with my question. >.>;;

[Luke]

Quote from: Taiine on October 15, 2010, 11:43:35 pm
Additionally, did something change in the last build? When I add the branches to check if an arrow key is also being pressed before it starts doing the drain (so you don't drain energy while standing in place) I get

thats with using call script
and so on. But it gives that error. It use to work! I have a demo of another game that uses the last version of the battle system and it also uses the same means and it don't throw an error back.

Probably it occurs because you call that in events while not having "Key['key_name']" hash declared. Use the default RMXP Input::UP, or whatever the default pattern for the Up button is. Same style as Input::B, Input::C etc.

Taiine

Okay I see what it is. It DID get changed. It use to be
Input.pressed?(KEY)
now it's
Input.press?(KEY)

so
is now
Input.press?(Input::Key['Arrow Up'])
Simple over look... now that part works.

So all that's left is to sort out why when sp is low it refuses to regen only when the disable run is added to it.

Magus

psyche.  The system is actually working very well. (no one views this topic very much, huh xD)

Anyway, I've been very curious of your combo system for a while now, Winkio. So xD
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

OracleGames

October 21, 2010, 04:17:57 am #3877 Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 02:49:50 pm by OracleGames
Blizz/Winkio there is something wrong with the "$game_system.x = (value)" commands in the newest version, some of them freeze my game:

$game_system.running_button = false
$game_system.sneaking_button = false
$game_system.jumping_button = false
$game_system.blizzabs = false
$game_system.hud = false

They disable the stuff i want to but still freeze my screen, tried the exact same commands with an older BABS version (another project) and worked just fine ;(

EDIT: I inserted the same old version of BABS in my new project and still didnt work, it makes no sense T_T

The Niche

Conclusion: One of the scripts in your original project is making your old version work and your new version not work. Does the new version work with a blank project?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

OracleGames

QuoteConclusion: One of the scripts in your original project is making your old version work and your new version not work. Does the new version work with a blank project?

That's what i thought, but when i try to apply the commands in a new fresh project (Any BABS version), it doesn`t work either =S. Copied everything from the project that made it work, scripts, databases into a different project and it doesnt work, the only difference between the older game (the one that works) and the newer is the RPGXP version that created them, thats all i can think about.