[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizered67

Quote from: luv_kitty12 on November 06, 2010, 01:13:28 pm
Here goes: http://bb.xieke.com/files/Project2.exe

It's only a new project I am testing on to make sure it works before I implement it in my own game. The consumable item is Potion. Not exactly the suitable item for this but it is just a test.

Thank you in advance!

It works fine for me. Make sure you hit the number key of the hotkey it is in.

WhiteRose

Quote from: luv_kitty12 on November 06, 2010, 01:13:28 pm
Here goes: http://bb.xieke.com/files/Project2.exe

It's only a new project I am testing on to make sure it works before I implement it in my own game. The consumable item is Potion. Not exactly the suitable item for this but it is just a test.

Thank you in advance!

I just tried it, and it worked fine apart from freezing because you do not have a graphic matching that item. Once you add the correct arrow item and graphic, you shouldn't have that problem. Make sure you have your ammo as your selected item before attacking.

luv_kitty12

Hey, thanks! That solved it. :D I really appreciate the help, thank you!

sirSLR

November 06, 2010, 04:45:35 pm #3903 Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:02:45 pm by sirSLR
ok few questions

1) how to make different beams? i know i need to make something with graphic but i cant figure it out

2) how to make overdrive script independent of blizz-abs? i know it is possible bt i cant make it show witouth blizz hud

3) enemies wount use beam or shooting skills i placed them to do. all they do is normal attack and homing

thx for any help.

luv_kitty12

I am sorry I am asking yet another question in such a short time. ^^ But I think it's rather a simple one. I got the weapon to work perfectly fine, however it attacks all the enemies around the player. I know it has to do with the range since I read the manual. But I have the weapon's type Bow and Arrow, range 6 so I thought it would only attack the first enemy it hits? How can I fix this, please?

Thank you!

Kira

I also have a question.
I am using Blizz-ABS Config v2.79, and it's working great so far.
However, when trying to edit weapons, I am unable to set the Animation Frames because the button is greyed out. :uhm:

There should be a link to a screenshot somewhere below.
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2566/screenshotnx.png

Can somebody please tell me what might be causing this?
Thanks in advance! :)

(I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but this thread has 196 pages, and it will take some time to read it all.)
:O.o:

Lost King

I'm assuming the problem is coming from you not having enabled Actor Action Sprites in the Animations and Sprite Control tab seeing as when I just opened it to fiddle around and find your program, disabling the Action Sprites made the Animation Frames option gray out.

If you don't feel like making a bunch of custom sprites for attacking and whatnot you can still use the default animations from RMXP which will always play as long as they're tagged on a weapon in the database. I haven't used Animation Frames but I'm assuming they're mainly for making custom movements with your character for different weapons.
*Scribble Scribble* Oh right, not that sort of signature.

[Luke]

How to make an enemy stand still until it sees, hears or percieves the player?

Hellfire Dragon

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on November 06, 2010, 03:06:32 pm
I didn't see this reported yet but in the config app with 2.8 version of the script, when you're setting up a combo and you use the 'Input Window' option, selecting 'Down' will display 'Left' in the Action Events box and vice versa...
Screen: ShowHide

Also, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get combos to work, I tried having an Input Window where the player presses Left, Right, Attack then a skill would be used and it didn't seem to do anything, even a simple thing like jump down 2 steps didn't seem to work and I set an animation on the combo to see if something would work but all I could see was the frame of the animation and the I could hear the sound that should play, but no combo.

Anyone know what's wrong here?

Kira

Quote from: Lost King on November 12, 2010, 04:03:05 pm
you can still use the default animations from RMXP which will always play as long as they're tagged on a weapon in the database.

Thanks! Got it to work now.  :)

sirSLR

Quote from: sirSLR on November 06, 2010, 04:45:35 pm
ok few questions

1) how to make different beams? i know i need to make something with graphic but i cant figure it out

2) how to make overdrive script independent of blizz-abs? i know it is possible bt i cant make it show witouth blizz hud

3) enemies wount use beam or shooting skills i placed them to do. all they do is normal attack and homing

thx for any help.

please aneyone???

Kira

Ran into another problem, this time with items dropped by enemies.
I have set up the script so enemies drop items and gold. They do, but I can't pick it up.
When I have an enemy drop both an item and gold, I can pick up the item just by walking over it.
But I can not pick up the gold in any way.

When I have an enemy drop only an item or gold, I can not pick any of them up.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Shalaren

Quote from: sirSLR on November 06, 2010, 04:45:35 pm
ok few questions

thx for any help.

for 1, simply find the answer in the Manual
for 2, IDK never heard someone ever do that in blizz abs o-o
for 3,~Manual~ its or you didnt set them to have these skills, or its the skills arent set to be Beam, or shooting.

Memor-X

hay, does any know when Blizz-ABS will be updated again, it's been like over 4 months and in the past i've missed crap loads of versions in that same amount of time

i'm just asking as i'm really getting annoyed with my game, i have 10 different skills types, the basic ones (the ones than change depending if your attack one or all enemies) and extra ones with modified charge times but other benefits/drawbacks (like you can have a skill which is far more powerful than any other skill but takes longer to charge) and since the sprites don't work, i'm always mashing the skill cast key because i can't tell when he charge up is done or even if the charge is canceled after you get hit, i think the sprite problem might be from the change Blizzard made to the sprites back in 2.7, at least that's the only thing can seems to fit, they worked in 2.6 (yet charge skills freeze the game so that's out of the question)

winkio

Hopefully over my winter break, so basically some time 2-5 weeks from now.

Memor-X

well i guess that's better than nothing -_-', i really want the sprites to work cause without them i just have Aria standing there and you see the sword slash.......though then again i should really make the sprites also but with the change to the system i've no idea how they'll look in game

Dixie

Can anyone identify the game and Isometric? environment mod in that last picture under example games in the first post?

i.e. This one:

Thanks

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

wingish

How would I get rid of the dark background of the hud and replace it with a picture?

sirsniffy

Does anyone know which parts of the script controls different animations per attack? Specifically, which part controls the randomness in which the animations are shown?

I am trying to indirectly make the appearance of combos, since the current combo system doesn't do true combos per button press.
These precious things...let them bleed, let them wash away - Tori Amos