[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rajaat99

Thank you, Blizzard and game_guy. It works.
You are not alone among strangers, a way has been chosen.

nopenguins2kayak

I'm getting an ABS Script errors whenever I try to use an item from the active map (ie: not the menu screen)... it looks sumethin like this:
 Script 'Blizz ABS 3' line 581: NoMethodError occurred    ----    undefined method 'item_number' for #<Map_Actor:0x974xb68>

wow... I looked in the new manual to see if I was missing something obvious, but couldn't get a clue... I JUST started using v2.84 of the ABS, and never had the issue before... any ideas? Thanx in advance to anyone who can help!

AliveDrive

When you use ANY item in field?

Or just specific items?
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

nopenguins2kayak

Any item... Healing/Mana potions, boosts, consumable or no, I get this...

nopenguins2kayak

Also noticed that this only happens when I assign the target as "One Ally"... if I have it target "User" it works just fine... If I can answer this question, it might help to solve the issue I've been having with AI triggers...

Blizzard

I fixed that item_number problem and reuploaded Blizz-ABS. Download it again.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nopenguins2kayak

Ah! So it wasn't me! Awesome! Thanks so much for the help Blizz... ever onward! I'm sure we'll be speaking again!

Blizzard

I'm not so sure since I have retired from RMXP almost a year ago. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on March 28, 2011, 11:15:35 am
I'm not so sure since I have retired from RMXP almost a year ago. xD

I was there on that fated day. *Takes his hat off and bows head* RIP.

OracleGames

March 31, 2011, 05:32:23 pm #4249 Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 05:54:09 pm by OracleGames
When you use a skill or item in BABS, what happens first, Combo Action Events or Common Events (Database)?

EDIT: Planning to make combos that use diferent keys everytime you use them (like in God Of War 2), but i don't see any random operand option like the one in the database, so can they work together or not? =).

PS: Are you angry or something?

winkio

Common Events before Combos, and you can make a random value using the rand(int) script function.

Holyrapid

This might be a dumb question, but then again, i'm next a idiot when it comes to scripting.
What i want to know is how can i make a weapon that needs to be reloaded after a certain number of attacks.
I want to make a gunner, but no gun in the world has infinite ammo.
Though to 'replicate' this, i should have it consume items. But the reloading part is what i want to know.

And don't tell me it can't be done as i've seen it done on 'weaker' systems, mainly Mr. Moe's... A affiliate of mine made a game using it way back... and that game had re-loadable gun

The Niche

Quote from: DesPKP on April 03, 2011, 05:41:38 am
This might be a dumb question, but then again, i'm next a idiot when it comes to scripting.
What i want to know is how can i make a weapon that needs to be reloaded after a certain number of attacks.
I want to make a gunner, but no gun in the world has infinite ammo.
Though to 'replicate' this, i should have it consume items. But the reloading part is what i want to know.

And don't tell me it can't be done as i've seen it done on 'weaker' systems, mainly Mr. Moe's... A affiliate of mine made a game using it way back... and that game had re-loadable gun

Check the event system requests, I believe Sub asked for this before.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Kira

Quote from: Kira on December 08, 2010, 05:30:22 pm
Quote from: Kira on November 12, 2010, 07:36:32 pm
Ran into another problem, this time with items dropped by enemies.
I have set up the script so enemies drop items and gold. They do, but I can't pick it up.
When I have an enemy drop both an item and gold, I can pick up the item just by walking over it.
But I can not pick up the gold in any way.

When I have an enemy drop only an item or gold, I can not pick any of them up.

Whoever can help me fix this will get a cookie. :V:

Maybe if I put it this way:

Whoever is willing to help me will not be violently raped.
...To death.
And such.  :O.o:

:V:
:O.o:

Wizered67

I found a small little bug, but it isn't too important. I made a ghost monster that had less than the normal opacity, but when it respawned after being killed, it had normal opacity.

Rajaat99

I'm having a problem with enemies not attacking. I created the event and labeled it \e[1] and it just stands there. Furthermore, I am unable to attack it, even though a weapon is equipped and I press the heck out the attack button. Please help and thank you.

The Niche

I think you may need to put something else in the event's name. Just a theory, but my enemy events are always called Ghost \e[1] and such.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Rajaat99

Quote from: The Niche on April 08, 2011, 06:39:34 pm
I think you may need to put something else in the event's name. Just a theory, but my enemy events are always called Ghost \e[1] and such.

Thanks for the quick reply, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

winkio

it's fine to just keep it \e[1].  Perhaps you used the wrong slash, or made a mistake in the brackets?

Rajaat99

That's not it either. I deleted and reloaded the script and it made no difference. I also made sure that my scripts were in the right order, according to http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html.