Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Lol, it's an Action Battle System that takes place on the map. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Alright, I'm just gonna read through the manual again... I mean, I'm a little more coherent this time, compared to when I started to read through it...
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

elmangakac

Hello! Im making a event system that let the actor rest (recovering HP) if the player hold pressed the R key... The problem is that if my character sleep i still can move it around the place... Exist a call script command that stop all the movement of the character (im using Blizzabs Controls) ????

ForeverZer0

What's wrong with the Wait command?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

elmangakac

Even if i used the actor can move T_T

Hellfire Dragon

How about just adding a state with the restriction "can't move" to the actor

G_G

Holy hell, haven't seen HD here for awhile :O

elmangakac

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on April 17, 2011, 05:58:36 pm
How about just adding a state with the restriction "can't move" to the actor

Um!!! Sounds good...Pretty Smart uh??? Im going to try it ^^

ForeverZer0

If the wait command is in an Autorun event the player can't move.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

elmangakac

Works with the state and the restriction... Thanks to all again ^_^

karldaylo

April 20, 2011, 01:18:20 am #4310 Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:42:11 am by karldaylo
im havin problem on droping item...

im usin the 2.84th version... im assured that the drop item box was already ticked, and copied the generated script(and pasted it on my game)

but then no items dropped on enemies :/

thank you for any help

EDITED: and i would like to know if its posible to nullify some action scripts (like the jump/run/turn buttons) i dont want to include those in my game :D thanks again

PS: i have a question, is there a shortcut button for the hotkeys menu.... i dont want to also to include menu to my game :P
im a freakin choosy on what i want or not on my game..... but as the creator... the player must respect whats featured or not into it XD.. thanks again and again
RESPECT LIST:Blizzard, Game_guy, Foreverzer0, Winkio, Nathmatt

Blizzard

1. Have you made your enemies drop stuff? Try giving them an item to drop and set the probability to 100% and then see what happens.

2. The jump/run/turn/etc. actions can all be disabled by simply disabling the appropriate button at the beginning of the game. Refer to the manual for the proper script calls.

3. Same as 2. Also, you might want to activate the option called "Direct Hotkeys" in that case.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

karldaylo

wow... lol, actually its my fiirst time using the rpg maker (which is probably idiotic since,, i had a confidence makin agame, within an engine i never learned on how to use it XD... plus the confidence of adding scripts thats advance as like this XD)

THANKS IT WORKED :D

flynnmichael81

April 20, 2011, 11:34:09 am #4313 Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:09:47 pm by flynnmichael81
Hi, this is my first time posting on these forums although I have been scanning them for a few weeks. Before I post, what is probably a beginners error, I want to say....

Thanks for all the amazing scripts! I played around with rpgmaker a few years ago but wasn't too impressed. This site has really made it interesting for me so thanks again.

Ok.. my problem: I am using Blizz-ABS in combination with auto-targeting and mouse control (have checked order with the master sheet) everything works fantastically until an 'enemy' is killed that has an evented script because it then plays that script.

e.g. A guard is killed by a monster. The guard has a simple text event attached to him that normally enables the player to chat with him. When he dies the text is displayed.
Spoiler: ShowHide
image of issue

EDIT: My bad... didn't quite get what I was supposed to do with the the custom triggers, was putting them as a script call :P

Damn... I so wanted my first post here not to make me look dull XD

karldaylo

April 20, 2011, 10:14:12 pm #4314 Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 09:47:19 pm by karldaylo
how bout this(not recommend but it may help you :D)

put a conditional branch:
@Conditional Branch: The A button is being pressed
@>Text: Message here...
@>
: Else
@>
:Branch End
@>

EDITED: mr Bizzard, theres a bit discompatibility within blizzabs and mouse controller that you created... you can try it... the problem happens in hotkey selection menu.. is ther anyway to disable mouse temporarily ... only when the hotkeywindow is open?
thanks

Melvin

Goood work Blizz! This ABS is the best!
I have some problems but generally is ok!

JellalFerd

Is it possible to use the player's coordinates for the create event function?
Because, whenever I try, I always get the "Syntax Error" message.
QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

winkio

yes it is.  The syntax error means your code is incorrect.  Maybe you are missing a parenthesis or something?

JellalFerd

Probably. I'm horrible with RGSS.
Anyways, if you wouldn't mind helping me, here's the code itself:
Spoiler: ShowHide
$BlizzABS.create_event
($game_player.x,
$game_player.y - 4 , 'Rock',
[[[false, false, false,
false, 0, 0, 0, 0, ''], [0, 'rock',
0, 2, 0, 255, 0], 0, 1, 1,
[false, true, [[2, []], [15, [20]],
[3, []]]], true, false, false, false,
false, 0, [[121, 0, [5, 5, 0]], [121,
0, [5, 5, 1]]]]])
QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

winkio

The first parenthesis needs to be on the same line as create_event.  If you are doing this from the event script call, that's not going to work because the box is too small, so you need to make a module for calls of this length, like this:

Module CrEv
  def ev1
    YOUR CODE HERE
  end
  def ev2
    DIFFERENT EVENT CREATION CODE HERE
  end
end

Then call CrEv.ev1 from the event so it will fit.

Alternatively, you can use the move route script call, because it won't mess things up like the normal event script call does.