[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JellalFerd

May 06, 2011, 08:22:42 pm #4320 Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 01:24:30 pm by JellalFerd
Alright, I seem to be getting another error now.
I've put the script in:
Spoiler: ShowHide
module CrEv

def ev1
   $BlizzABS.create_event($game_player.x, $game_player.y - 4, 'My Event', [[[false, false, false,false,3, 0, 12, 0, ''], [0, 'rock', 180, 2, 0, 255, 0], 1, 4, 2, [false, false,[[2, []], [15, [20]], [3, []]]], false, false, false, false, false, 0,[[121, 0, [5, 5, 0]], [121, 0, [5, 5, 1]]]]])  
 end  
end

But now, I get an error saying: "undefined method 'ev1' for CrEv:Module"

EDIT:
Nevermind, I found a way for it to work with the event script call.
QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

mcgluszak

May 07, 2011, 01:25:52 pm #4321 Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 01:28:52 pm by mcgluszak
module CrEv
 def CrEv.ev1
   $BlizzABS.create_event($game_player.x, $game_player.y - 4, 'My Event', [[[false, false, false,false,3, 0, 12, 0, ''], [0, 'rock', 180, 2, 0, 255, 0], 1, 4, 2, [false, false,[[2, []], [15, [20]], [3, []]]], false, false, false, false, false, 0,[[121, 0, [5, 5, 0]], [121, 0, [5, 5, 1]]]]])  
 end  
end
Now it should work.  :)

Edit:
QuoteNevermind, I found a way for it to work with the event script call.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:24:30 PM by JellalFerd »

One minute before me  :facepalm:

G_G

use def self.ev1 since its a module.

JellalFerd

Quote from: mcgluszak on May 07, 2011, 01:25:52 pm
module CrEv
 def CrEv.ev1
 end  
end
Now it should work.  :)

Edit:
QuoteNevermind, I found a way for it to work with the event script call.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:24:30 PM by JellalFerd »

One minute before me  :facepalm:

Oh, cool, it worked.
But yeah, sorry for the trouble.
QuoteFrank says:
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

G_G

*gets idea*
*goes to start making "Event Creation Script Call Generator"*
*expects winkio to add an option like this in the config*

JellalFerd

Oh yeah, and just wondering about one thing.
When using direct hotkeys, is there a way to change it from numbers to any desired key?
QuoteFrank says:
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

(Hexamin)

Change log since 1 year ago please.
:naughty:
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

winkio

combos, manual event creation, new manual, centered sprites, custom event sizes, rewrite in progress,

and this thread: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,6164.msg104939.html#msg104939

Kirye

Alright, didn't know where to post this but I imagine it's here?

So i'm having an error with BABS. Sometimes when enemies drop items, they can't be picked up at all and they don't end up in my inventory. I'm not getting any Script errors or anything, so I dunno what I should be posting to help fix the problem.

Hopefully you guys can help. These are the scripts i'm running if that helps.

BABS 1
BABS 2
BABS 3
Landith's Party HUD
Littledrago's BABS Boss HP meter
Qubid's MP3 loop (I know it's not from this website but it shouldn't affect items or BABS at all.)
ForeverZer0's Blacksmith script
Stormtronics CMS

Agckuu Coceg

Began to look seriously Blizz-ABS, and here I am faced with a problem in implementation.

Attaching skills and items to hotkeys can only manually through Scene_Hotkey. But the problem is that I originally tidy up the possibility of any calling menus in the project, and I need to automate it. Is there any scriptlet to implement the automatic attachment of a skill or items to hotkeys?
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

Blizzard

$game_actors[ACTOR_ID].skill_hotkeys[BUTTON_NUMBER] = SKILL_ID
$game_actors[ACTOR_ID].item_hotkeys[BUTTON_NUMBER] = ITEM_ID

You can make an initial setup in the game and you can make a parallel process common event that handles additional assignment during the game if you want.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

JellalFerd

Alright, for the time/turns thing, is it said amount of turns last said amount of frames or said amount of seconds?
Just wondering.  :P
QuoteFrank says:
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

Blizzard

If you mean the actual battle turn variable, that one isn't being used in Blizz-ABS. If you mean status effects, their "turn time" means seconds in Blizz-ABS. Basically if you put a state to go away after 10 turns, it means that it will go away after 10 seconds.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

JellalFerd

QuoteFrank says:
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: Scorpion on May 15, 2011, 03:03:20 pm
$game_actors[ACTOR_ID].skill_hotkeys[BUTTON_NUMBER] = SKILL_ID
$game_actors[ACTOR_ID].item_hotkeys[BUTTON_NUMBER] = ITEM_ID

You can make an initial setup in the game and you can make a parallel process common event that handles additional assignment during the game if you want.

Origato, Blizz Scorpion.
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

Kamel

May 17, 2011, 06:52:54 am #4335 Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 06:59:44 am by Kamel
I have a problem with spriteset of Beam Skill.
As u know, in the instruction there is:
"Beam skills use a special type of spriteset.
Only the image of the beam facing down is needed, Blizz-ABS will create rotate the image when necessary."
When an Actor is facing down or up, everything is ok. Problem is when actor is facing at left or right, as u see on a screenshot:

And here is the spriteset of this skill:

I don't know the right position...
Maybe the image should be smaller? Dunno...
Help me, pleeeeeaasssee!

Blizzard

Change the width of the file. That should do it.

Kamel

Right! I set width to 44 and it is better, thanks a lot!

Lurvid

May 17, 2011, 08:35:42 pm #4338 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:57:28 pm by Lurvid
Hi, me again. I'm having some script compatibility issues. I'm only using 2 scripts (One has an options controller, so more like 3 I guess). I'm using ForeverZer0's Options Controller, which I need in order to make any use of ForeverZer0's Multiple Message System. I tried removing the script all together, the message system was all buggy and basically didn't even function anymore. With my lack of any knowledge of programming, I tried removing bits of code from the controller that RMXP said wasn't working, that didn't work. I'm kind of at a loss here. Can I get any help with this? I really don't want to just abandon the Message System, I love it so, and my game is supposed to look very cartoony and simple, like a Rareware game pretty much.

EDIT Nevermind I found a way better message system that works with Blizz-ABS. Thanks anyway. Also love the ABS, more features than you could ask for! Beautiful script, going right at the top of my game's credits.

Kamel

May 18, 2011, 11:12:30 am #4339 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:20:06 pm by Kamel
After taking a loot, corpses disappear. Can they not disappear?

What is "damage formula" in Blizz-ABS? How could I calculate damage?
"damage formula" -I mean, for instance, Dmg=Atk+Power-Enemy Def or whatever, u know...