[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

Quote from: Kamel on May 18, 2011, 11:12:30 am
After taking a loot, corpses disappear. Can they not disappear?

It's doable, but there's no real point to it. It'd just slow the game down.

Quote from: Kamel on May 18, 2011, 11:12:30 am
What is "damage formula" in Blizz-ABS? How could I calculate damage?
"damage formula" -I mean, for instance, Dmg=Atk+Power-Enemy Def or whatever, u know...

The standard formula, I believe.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Lurvid

May 19, 2011, 12:47:41 am #4341 Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:56:17 am by Lurvid
Uh, is there any way to completely disable the Pre-Menu? it's screwing with a Mode7 script I'm using. Something about "tone", I guess because the Pre-Menu tones the screen. I tried setting the Pre-Menu to -1 but that didn't do anything. Really why isn't there even an option to disable the Pre-Menu in the first place? There's like, an option for pretty much everything else except that.

ForeverZer0

I know, what a bunch of amateurs.
How could they have forgot such a thing.

Luckily they have you around to set'em straight.  ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Lurvid

Quote from: Baraka on May 19, 2011, 01:12:42 am
I know, what a bunch of amateurs.
How could they have forgot such a thing.

Luckily they have you around to set'em straight.  ;)

What, consumers complain! =P
I think it's just aggravating I've already dealt with so many script conflicts, and the apparent last one is nothing more than a feature that I can't seem to disable. Isn't there any way to just get past it and go directly to the Menu?

The Niche

Put Scene_Menu/whatever cms script you're using after blizzABS.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: Lurvid on May 19, 2011, 12:47:41 am
Uh, is there any way to completely disable the Pre-Menu? it's screwing with a Mode7 script I'm using. Something about "tone", I guess because the Pre-Menu tones the screen. I tried setting the Pre-Menu to -1 but that didn't do anything. Really why isn't there even an option to disable the Pre-Menu in the first place? There's like, an option for pretty much everything else except that.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=7836.0

Lurvid

Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on May 19, 2011, 04:04:07 am
Quote from: Lurvid on May 19, 2011, 12:47:41 am

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=7836.0

Oh, thank you SO much!
Now that I think about it I should have noticed this script before. I feel like an idiot now.
Either way thank you! Now I can finally continue to work on my project after the longest time of having to go through so many script conflicts. It's not like I'm even using that many either, it's just Blizz-ABS and Mode7.
Hopefully I shouldn't bother you guys anymore now.

kenshen

Hey need some help with this system

first off i can't read the manual it does not work it says webpage not found

and also how do i hide the hud

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am
Author's Notes

Please download the User Manual and read it to learn how to use Blizz-ABS. If you don't read the Manual, you will not be able to use many of the great features this ABS supports.

If you have problems opening the .chm manual file, please read this article: http://blogs.technet.com/seanearp/archive/2007/05/28/can-t-read-chm-compiled-help-on-vista-xp-2003.aspx
The solution is at the bottom, you don't need to read the whole article.

If you find any bugs, please report them here:
http://forum.chaos-project.com

That's it! N-Joy! =D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kamel

Hey,
Could I set a condition in my event, that I can use an item on the enemy, only if the enemy has less than, e.g. 40% life? or if it is easiest, enemy is dead? (corpse is lying on the ground)
I would like to use a part from script here (I have babs)- where can I find this condition?

The Niche

In the manual, chapter four somewhere, I can't remember. :/

Kamel

May 28, 2011, 04:55:47 am #4351 Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:23:53 am by Kamel
Oh yea
You saved my ass...
I can be your slave, if u want to, my Lord

@down
ok  :P

The Niche

You're ok, I have no use for slaves.

sasofrass

How would I make it so spells that I cast with a projectile can be transparent?

I have a transparent glow around my fireballs, but when I test them in game they are bright red and it looks a bit off..

WinterVisage

Save them in png24 instead of png. Png24 has multilevel transparency, while png/other formats do not (as they use either transparent or not)

Click on my eggs and I can make all of your wildest dreams come true >.>

Blizzard

That's not true. png is by default 32 bit. In fact, 24 bit png would be no transparency at all because it's only 24 bit. Only 8 bit png has a yes/no transparency like gif.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RPGManiac3030

Can someone please explain how the minimap classifies each event for setting up the correct-colored arrow? Do I really need to have every character on screen an enemy for the arrow to appear(excluding teleports/dropped items, of course)? The manual doesn't really specify this...

I wanted to add an orange colored-arrow to denote a merchant but it only works if I create a "merchant enemy." Same thing for NPCs, and I don't want the player to just kill them if he/she wants to. I tried playing around with the script but it crashes if I use an event that isn't classified as enemy.

Official Gio website:
gioadventures.freehostingcloud.com (under construction)

Kirye

June 02, 2011, 12:36:18 am #4357 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:27:01 am by Kirye
EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Jragyn

June 02, 2011, 01:02:48 am #4358 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:32:31 am by Jragyn
I rather figured it out.

creating an event via script is awfully complicated.
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Kamel

June 02, 2011, 05:31:49 am #4359 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:39:01 am by Kamel
I have problem with one my beam skill
This is my spriteset:

and this is how it looks in the game:

Other my beam skill works right, but this doesn't...
Name is correct. What can be wrong?

In Config in Items, I checked "drop sprite"
In part 1 I have this:
def self.drop_sprite(id)
      case id
      when 1 then return true # Small Potion

But in the game I don't see this sprites on the ground after killing enemy
How this spriteset should look?