[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreavnn

Module the will disable dash if a actor doesn't have any SP?

ShadowPierce

Seriously man, common events...

If player's SP = 0 then $game_system.run_speed = <Whatever Speed You Want> Else $game_system.run_speed = <Your Default Running Speed>

Set its trigger to Parallel... :P

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Bob423

mind if i repeat this? i have an eventing problem

i have an event that has this
player move route:
move down
wait for moves completion

what should happen, is prevent the player from passing the tile, or even staying on the tile.r
it is a one way path, but for some reason, blizz abs makes it so, if the player holds up, they can move past the tile. i want to make it so the tile works exactly the way is does without blizz abs. is there a way to do this? like a script fix, or something?

Andreavnn

@SP didn't know what the script command was.

winkio

Quote from: Bob423 on April 28, 2012, 12:20:58 pm
mind if i repeat this? i have an eventing problem

i have an event that has this
player move route:
move down
wait for moves completion

what should happen, is prevent the player from passing the tile, or even staying on the tile.r
it is a one way path, but for some reason, blizz abs makes it so, if the player holds up, they can move past the tile. i want to make it so the tile works exactly the way is does without blizz abs. is there a way to do this? like a script fix, or something?

either add wait commands until the event lock time runs out, or lower the event lock time (but that could lead to other problems).

Bob423

event lock time? what is it used for?
and how do i edit it?

winkio

You can edit it in the config.  Its use is also explained there, but it is used to prevent events from being triggered multiple times while walking over them.

Bob423

April 28, 2012, 09:25:44 pm #4767 Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:29:49 pm by Bob423
ok thanks, i'll try that

edit: it worked, thanks :D

Kiwa

Hello to all at the forum :D
I'm new here.. but not to RPG maker.
I was a HUGE fan of RPG Maker and 2k3.

And I only ran demos of XP till the other day..
I decided to buy XP and pick this hobby back up because of BLIZZ. Due to the "Online System" and the "ABS".

Ive been fiddling around with them both...still much to learn atm.

------------Question Is--------------------

I've been able to resolve most questions I've had with blizz ABS thus far.. but i can not..for some reason...get enemies to attack.. the just simply wont.
They chase me...get on top of me.. but will not react.
I can attack or just sit there.. they will not attack.
I can kill them.. and they will re spawn..and still not attack.
ive been at it for about 5 hours.. I've imported everything from sir lag a lot. and tried to copy the system exactly (from ground zero tho..a new project) yet..nothing.

I copied from the raw "Blizz-ABS Script 1.0.9.3.txt".
I've noticed a lot of "zero" codes..like.. unmodified or set to "false" or being disabled so far...so maybe im missing a code in there.
I've looked thru "BlizzABS::Config" countless times thinking i missed a trigger.
I've played with "AI_Data_Map_Enemy" changing "state = 0" to 2 for attack...and cant seem to get attacks to work.
I've searched the web and forum..unfortunately the forum search that has results on my searches start me at page 1 every time.. and this thread alone is over 200 pages.
I've also read the manual ("Blizz-ABS Manual 1.0.9.3") over about 4 times or so and cant seem to find any info on this.

I hate to just ask questions out of the blue. I also like to be self reliant but i haven touched C, Flash, VB, Java or any other languages in around 7 years or more.. so im really out of practice on coding too.

I'm stumped.. perhaps im over looking it and its simple.. any help would be appreciated :)

Thank you for such a great system guys :)
I hope I decide to stick with this and make something great :)

PS. Sorry.. I write books for posts.. :P

Skwig

May 01, 2012, 02:29:29 pm #4769 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:30:59 pm by Skwig
Quote from: Kiwa on May 01, 2012, 09:16:40 am
Insert a wall of text here

Hello and welcome to the forum
First of all, I'd update your ABS script to 2.84 because it seems like you're using the old one from lag a lot
Second,Just go to your enemy database and allow enemies to attack.. nothing using a script.. just go and in the action tab thing select attack or any ability you want and you should be ready to go

Kiwa

Actually it was old script.
I took notice a while ago that in sir lag a lot its 1.9.. and front page has 2.8 something.
I downloaded it and re implemented it and recoded bits here and there and it works great! :D
I'm not sure what the 1.9 issue was. I had 2 moves in the data base one set to 4 and one set to 5 rating..but they never hit me...but anywhoo it doesn't matter.. this version works great, feels better some how and the AI reactions were great with no modification to my data base.
they used all moves i specified earlier.

I also noticed that all the old lag alot sets don't work with animated char. i need to rename them all.

This system has been amazing so far.. and a very fast learning curve.

Thank you forum for a wonderful code,

Thank you for the reply :D

Skwig

May 03, 2012, 03:22:53 pm #4771 Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:26:07 pm by Skwig
Hillo,
I kinda have a very specific  request.. The thing is: can i make / how do i make a spell that
1. Slows down the target
2. Deal damage every x frames to the target and drain manafrom the player (wont damage if you dont have the nescessary mana)
3. While you channel the skill the channeling is cancelled when you get damaged or move

TL;DR: make a drain life spell that will tick infinitely if you have the mana for each tick

And i am using the tonsof addonds which has the drain life option...

Kiwa

I my self am still new ..(obviously)..But here are my thoughts.

1. Slowing targets. you can do without the ABS. since you can control the walk speed with "set move route" or use the "Sctipt..."
I haven't gotten this far yet.. I'm still building from the ground up. but if I did it (like back in 2k3).. I would make a spell that triggered a parallel process in "data base > common event"

2. my guess is as for the DoT (damage over time) you'll either need to recode entirely new spell.. or maybe try using the combo system.
I don't think RMXP has DoT effect...but like I said..I'm new to it.

3. Casting cancel on move. There is an option in Blizz ABS config for many options including range and knock back effects.
casting is labeled at "Charge type" and there is "penalty".

Sorry I don't have much information or help.. but maybe it can help give you some insight to play around with until someone can give you a real answer :) GL.

Kiwa

Hey Skwig...look what i found in the script section!

HoT DoT system
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=2481.0

hopefully it doesn't cancel out my link since im new here.
if it does.. you can find it under "Script Database" > "Player / Party / Troop Add-on" > "HoT DoT"
one down... 2 to go >:3

GL!

ToxicTrevor

I hate to ask for more noob-ish help, but I was wondering if there was a way to make it when an item (EX. Potion) is picked up it is automatically used?

Boba Fett Link

Easy. Use a parallel process Common event set to a switch that you turn on at the start of the game. Just use a conditional branch to check for the item and remove it.

Personally, I would make the item itself do nothing, and do the effects manually in the common event.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

ToxicTrevor

Quote from: Boba Fett Link on May 05, 2012, 08:37:16 pm
Easy. Use a parallel process Common event set to a switch that you turn on at the start of the game. Just use a conditional branch to check for the item and remove it.

Personally, I would make the item itself do nothing, and do the effects manually in the common event.

Thanks for the help!

Skwig

Hurro
Is there a way to turn on healthbars by a script call? I have it turned off by default but i need to turn it on for one enemy and turn it off after
Thanks

Boba Fett Link

Quote from: Skwig on May 09, 2012, 02:24:47 pm
Is there a way to turn on healthbars by a script call? I have it turned off by default but i need to turn it on for one enemy and turn it off after
Thanks

You could just rename the event and add the \hide tag. Or vice versa.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Skwig

Quote from: Boba Fett Link on May 09, 2012, 02:35:12 pm
Quote from: Skwig on May 09, 2012, 02:24:47 pm
Thanks

You could just rename the event and add the \hide tag. Or vice versa.

Wait..
So you mean there is a \command for showing the health bars? Awkward
Btw i am using a custom health bar script but i need the blizz ones turned on during one encounter