[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba Fett Link

Quote from: Skwig on September 02, 2012, 07:32:47 am
Nowhere in the user manual (atleast I didn't find it :S ) is written how to properly use these commands.

It is under Systematics. And it does explain how to use them, but not the best. In other parts of the manual, it explains each argument. But here, it doesn't explain that you need to have the Input:: in the argument. It just says Key.

Winkio will probably fix it in the next release.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

swick

I was just wondering if anybody knows of ANY way to "fatigue" the player for a while after he/she's been dashing for a period of time? It just feels a bit unrealistic when my character is constantly able to run.

Bob423

September 19, 2012, 09:58:38 pm #4882 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:59:40 pm by Bob423
Is there a way to make a bomb item? i can't seem to figure it out. does it involve common events, or does someone have a plug-in that will help?

i want to make it so that, when used, the bomb is dropped (or thrown if possible) and then, after a set amount of time, it explodes, and deals damage to all surrounding actors, and enemies. i know XAS has something like that, but it's too late to switch, and XAS confuses me. i tried having it trigger a skill, but that doesn't work either.

KK20

Timed traps. As for throwing, that would probably need to be coded manually.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Bob423

i tried timed traps. they dont make the item explode afterwards

KK20

Looked at the code, and it's all there. You won't see the explosion unless the appropriate target is nearby the trap's range.

This isn't the first time someone has requested playing an explosion animation, regardless of hitting a target or not, and I am slowly starting to believe this should be built into the code.

Other Projects

Bob423

yup, that's my problem  :^_^':

Blizzard

I'm not sure if "User Animation" would work on a Timed Trap. Try adding one and see if it animates the actor or the bomb that you place.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Bob423

if you mean make it trigger a common event, which says "show animation: this event [explosion1]" or something to show the explosion, i just tried it. didn't work. :(

Bob423

sorry about the double post, but i figured i'd have a better chance of a reply this way

anywho, i have an alignment group, that is allies with the player, and enemies with the enemies. i want to make it so these allies act exactly like party members, except they can't be controlled. right now, it's easy to accidentally attack them, and then they  attack you. it's really weird when people, who are supposed to be friends are killing each other for no reason. any suggestions?

Blizzard

A double post after 24 hours is alright. If you don't want to double post, you can always use the "Modify" option in the top right corner of the post as the topic will appear as unread to other members if the last post was edited.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

shintashi

October 01, 2012, 12:45:17 am #4891 Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:48:36 am by shintashi
i haven't messed with XP since last year, but I decided to try a Zelda style game and installed the Blizz ABS system, and I've been digging through the help files, trying to figure out how to get something like a status menu or character sheet to appear, kind of like in the original setup or something closer to a Zelda (8 bit) inventory menu + stats.

The interface is so different I'm not even sure where to begin. - I'm asking because I'm guessing there's already some menu display option with stats that 'pauses' the action, or something similar, and I just haven't been able to find it, or it's some kind of add on someone else already programmed and I just have to install it once I know what it is.

Bob423

Quote from: Blizzard on September 30, 2012, 04:58:34 am
A double post after 24 hours is alright. If you don't want to double post, you can always use the "Modify" option in the top right corner of the post as the topic will appear as unread to other members if the last post was edited.

oh, didn't know it did that.

so about my question
i have an alignment group, that is allies with the player, and enemies with the enemies. i want to make it so these allies act exactly like party members, except they can't be controlled. right now, it's easy to accidentally attack them, and then they  attack you. it's really weird when people, who are supposed to be friends are killing each other for no reason. any suggestions?

Memor-X

Quote from: Bob423 on October 03, 2012, 09:27:09 pm
i have an alignment group, that is allies with the player, and enemies with the enemies. i want to make it so these allies act exactly like party members, except they can't be controlled. right now, it's easy to accidentally attack them, and then they  attack you. it's really weird when people, who are supposed to be friends are killing each other for no reason. any suggestions?

you could try adding another element to the system called "Ally Immune" and for every enemy you have as an ally (since they have to be first created as enemies in the database) make them immune to this element (setting resistance to E, setting it to F will absorb) and adding it to all the skills

Bob423

October 04, 2012, 08:52:34 pm #4894 Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:56:02 pm by Bob423
well the problem is, some enemies have the same skills that the player can use. also, that would only make them not hurt the character. they will still consider you an enemy if you attack them.

so basically, i want to make sure allies never change, they will heal you (if they have healing skills), and help fight.

KK20

Ever try setting the alignment group to the default ally (which should be 1)? None of your attacks will hurt the character and they behave much like a party member does.

Other Projects

Bob423

October 05, 2012, 07:30:31 pm #4896 Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:52:07 pm by Bob423
oh, thanks, that worked perfectly :D

edit: alright, i have a new problem. how do i use combos? it's not explained anywhere in the help file how to make a character start a combo. what i want, is to make a combo that's sort of like a skill. is there a way to do that?

Xim

I get this message, whenever an enemy kills another enemy.
QuoteScript 'Blizz-ABS 2.84 Part 2' LINE 2054: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'exp=' for#<Game_Enemy:0xf4d0890>

I think the game is trying to give EXP to an enemy or something. I don't really get why though.  :shy:

ThallionDarkshine

Alright, I just found a small bug with combos on enemies. Jump commands don't work b/c the method 'jump_passable?' is never defined in Map_Enemy. It's just in Map_Actor.

sasofrass

How would you make it so using the 1234567890 keys with the actionbar can also be used with the numpad numbers?