[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KK20

It's basically the only way to be sure. If you don't think a demo will help, nothing else you can possibly do will be better. Like I said though, everything on my end works. I had two events standing next to each other: one being an enemy and the other being a normal event. I activate the name change on the normal event and the enemy started attacking it instantly.

And don't forget about ABSEAL where events aren't processed outside of the screen.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Vexus

Sent it to you by pm thanks for the help.
Current Project/s:

Shining Riku

I need to change some things in Blizz ABS. I'm decent at editing now but sometimes I have problems finding the lines I need, and the things I wanted to add in are real necessary for a game project I'm working on XD;;

What I was hoping to do was:

Make it so defending affects damage taken from skills like in the default battle system again. I disabled full defend and reconfigured the core battle system itself so the defense rate is dependent on one of the character's stats.

That said, I also would like to know where it checks whether a player (or enemy) is being hit when they are defending so that I may add in a line where it'll play a sound effect.

If somebody could point me in the right direction I believe I can take it from there. Thankies :'>
(I'm posting/asking in the wrong topic aren't I? 8C )

KK20

Other Projects

Shining Riku

Oh my goodness, this is beautiful

Thank you so much KK20 ;v;

I didn't know the skill blocking would need this many lines lol so there's no way I could have made this myself. I think I can handle the rest of my ideas from here, so I really appreciate this c:

('Course I may have to break BABS a couple of times to figure out where to stick the sound command but that's what I do best hurr)

Zexion

Question: Does the input method in blizz-abs overwrite the default input method? If so how would I remove the input part of the script completely? Reason being that I want to have Gamepad support by default...

Blizzard

Yes, it does, but you can't remove it as Blizz-ABS won't work without it. I mean, you can try to delete "module Input" on top of part 2 of the script, but I can already tell you that you will experience heavy problems.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

Technically the input should only affect the player though, right? So If I remove it, that would would only make controls not work?

Blizzard

No, the thing is that the script was made in such a way that it uses and needs specific constants defined in the input module.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Bob423

I'm making a sequel to a game of mine that uses this script, and the sequel doesnt use it. I'm trying to make a way to convert an old save file from the first game to work in the second game so that players can unlock secret stuff. the only problem is that, when i select "continue" while an old save is in the new project folder, i get an error that said it needed the class or module "BlizzABS" I made a dummy class, and it sort of worked. I got a new error that said it was looking for the class "BlizzABS::AlignmentData" or something. I did the same thing, but now it gives me an error that says "dump format error" And I have no idea how to fix it.

in short, is there a way to make save files made with a project that uses BlizzABS work in a project that doesn't?

winkio

May 16, 2013, 02:35:01 am #4990 Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:43:17 am by winkio
Version 2.85 is out now, with around 20 bugfixes!  Special thanks to anyone who waited around long enough for this one!
List of bugfixes:
Fixed game crashing bug that occured when items were used
Allowed players to defend against projectiles
Fixed a bug where short combos would not get processed
Fixed a bug that caused traps to lag
Made skills and items used in combos forced by default
Fixed a bug where when getting stuck on a wall while running, the first frame of the running animation would be shown instead of the standing animation.
Fixed a bug where using 'Wait for Move Completion' would cause the game to crash
Fixed a bug where using the Jump command on enemies would cause the game to crash
Fixed a bug that allowed the player to walk through all events
Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when one enemy killed another
Fixed a bug with one of the combo conditions
Fixed a bug with events with the 'Event Touch' trigger
Fixed a bug which was causing battler sprites to update more frequently than necessary
Fixed a bug with the ABS not being disabled during cutscenes and dialogue
Fixed a bug with using skills, items, and attacks without a battler
Made exploding projectiles explode on contact with terrain with the WALL TAG
Allowed number keys on numpad to be used for hotkeys as well as the numbers at the top of the keyboard
Fixed hash iteration errors that may present in later version of Ruby (for ARC)
Fixed a bug with wait commands run after the death of a lifeless object
Performed numerous updates and enhancements to the input module

And v3.0 is back in development, so hopefully that gets done soon.

Blizzard

You awesome person, you. <3

winkio

I realized I forgot to change the VERSION variable within the script to 2.85, so I reuploaded with that small change.

G_G

Nice job winkio! Can't wait to see more updates and improvements. Glad to see you back. :)

winkio

Thanks!  Just looking back at what I finished two years ago for v3.0, I'm already excited for how it will turn out.

Stray

May 16, 2013, 06:50:56 pm #4995 Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:51:59 pm by Stray
Nooby question right ahead: What script call do I use to switch the running true or false?
I'm very grateful to you all for your great help.

winkio

player.move_speed = Config::RUN_SPEED

but it gets reset every frame.

KK20

Or is he talking about this:
$game_system.running_button = true/false

Anyways, nice to see that list of bug fixes. I noticed a lot that I have mentioned. ;)
Haven't checked yet, but did you address corpses' Z-values?

Other Projects

winkio

I did not.  I'll do another small update in a week with things like this that I missed.

Stray

I don't want to disable the buttons for running. I want to activate running per script call.

Quote from: winkio on May 16, 2013, 07:18:16 pm
player.move_speed = Config::RUN_SPEED

but it gets reset every frame.

I get this error.
Spoiler: ShowHide
I'm very grateful to you all for your great help.