[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EdtheBed

I did, and the enemy does appear to be following the AI patterns; it rushes in, backs away, stays evasive etc.  It's just that attacks seem to have no effect.

winkio

Are you using any other scripts?  Are you choosing 'New Game' or are you loading save data?  Is the enemy set up correctly in the RMXP database?  Does your Blizz-ABS config (Part 1 of the script) have any problems?

Sylphe

Hello this script is just amazing, I'm not good at sciprting and was searching for a stable A-RPG script (hard to get lol)
And finally I find you thank you a lot ! :D
I also have 1 small problem with a function : Direct input hotkeys.. I searched in the code and found an idea of the exact source of the problem that is :
When I'm in direct input mode and I put skills on 2, 4 6, 8 ... When I'm walking below for example, the script automatically active the 2-relied skill.... But I just want to activate it when I type S ! Not whenever I'm walking down :(
I searched in BlizzABS2 script and found that the down arrow is relied to number 2, left, up, right, left up etc where relied to other specific numbers
I'm not so bad in scripting but I don't know how to fix the problem, that is very important I think :/ 
blindly follow his heart can lead to the loss

Sylphe, descendant of Zoldik Family.
Quote from: TedBearTRY KEEP UP

KK20

When using Direct Hotkeys, the NumPad numbers are used as well as the 10 digit row above the letters. NumPad Key 2 has the same ASCII value as Arrow Key Down. Basically, you can't use the directional arrow keys for anything if you want to use Direct Hotkeys.

You can turn Direct Hotkeys off and assign the Skill key to S.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Sylphe

October 13, 2013, 05:14:05 pm #5064 Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:19:01 pm by Sylphe
ow sorry I did a mistake I rectify : I want to usemy skill when I type 2 !^^
Yeah I think this is not normal and I think that directInput is better for my project than chosing skill after skill=)
But it confound the 2, 4, 6, 8 numbers Key and the Up Down Left Right arrows :(
and I don't use any script interacting with inputs or something.
that's weird ._.

wait I think I understood what you told me... When I use directHotkeys I have to set another keys for moving , in place of the arrows ? T_T

KK20

October 13, 2013, 05:23:13 pm #5065 Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:24:15 pm by KK20
Code: module Input

'NumberPad 0' => 45, 'NumberPad 1' => 35, 'NumberPad 2' => 40,
        'NumberPad 3' => 34, 'NumberPad 4' => 37, 'NumberPad 5' => 12,
        'NumberPad 6' => 39, 'NumberPad 7' => 36, 'NumberPad 8' => 38,
        'NumberPad 9' => 33,
        'Arrow Left' => 37, 'Arrow Up' => 38,
        'Arrow Right' => 39, 'Arrow Down' => 40,

That's the reason why the directional arrow keys and Numpad 2,4,6,8 keys are doing the same thing: they're assigned the same value.

Correct. I recommend not using the arrow keys at all. Of course, this only applies to the recent version of 2.85. You can use the arrow keys just fine in 2.84.

Other Projects

Sylphe

argh that's what I feared xD but
thank you for reponding !  :) I'll deal with combo, not to get too many skills whith hotkeys^^
ow and do you think this correlation between ASCII code will be changed in a future version of blizzABS ? haha  :^_^':

_elvenheart

November 23, 2013, 08:01:12 am #5067 Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:02:36 am by _elvenheart
Good Day! I just want to ask if I can set the timing for the weapon's effect against the enemies.

I've set the Animation Frames to [9, 3, 3, 3]... However, the hit effect of the weapon landed on the very first frame of my sprite animation.

So the question is... Can I set the hit effect to happen after 10 frames? Thanks in advance. :D

Regards,
_elvenheart

EDIT: If this is already asked before, I'm sorry. I've already did many searches about this...

winkio

This is actually a very good question.  Currently, you are unable to do this, but it is planned for v3.0.  However, you can get an effect similar to this, although with limited functionality, by making the attack use a combo that first performs some animation, and then uses the attack.

finalholylight

I'm newbie with this ABS, I want to make a combo attack with 3 hit like many action game like this: actor press attack button to perform first hit, then if he fast press attack button again in next 0,5s , he will perform second hit, do like that again he will perform third hit, then delay 1s, but if he not press attack button in next 0,5s , the combo will end and delay 1s , how to make a combo like that ?

KK20

Action 1
>> Attack
>> Input: ID = 0, Key[Attack] Pressed for 20 frames
>> Condition: Input Window Variable 0 == Constant Variable 1
>> Go to Action ID 2
>> Freeze Character Input
>> Wait 40 frames
>> Unfreeze Character Input

Repeat this same thing for Action 2. For Action 3, just put one Attack and the three lines for freezing character input for a second (40 frames).

Other Projects

finalholylight

yeah, it's work, thanks  :)
Please explain how sprite work fit, I have problem with two sprites : hero_atk1 and hero_wpn1, two sprites are the same but hero_wpn1 sprite have a sword, when I test in game,hero_atk1 work fine, but hero_wpn1 is always rendered at down location of main character's location with any direction.

Sase

Quote from: finalholylight on November 29, 2013, 05:50:35 am
yeah, it's work, thanks  :)
Please explain how sprite work fit, I have problem with two sprites : hero_atk1 and hero_wpn1, two sprites are the same but hero_wpn1 sprite have a sword, when I test in game,hero_atk1 work fine, but hero_wpn1 is always rendered at down location of main character's location with any direction.

From Blizz ABS Manual part 5.1.1:
QuoteWeapon sprites are not displayed like characters sprites, they are centered around the character sprite.

In other words you need to move your weapon sprite up (and left/right) in the sheet until it matches with the other graphic.

finalholylight

Hmm, can you example how it work fine by some pictures please.
These are sprites I used:
hero_atk1
Spoiler: ShowHide

hero_wpn1

and in game:

I test again by use sir_lag_a_lot sprite in demo chronicle of sir lag a lot, but I have problem too

I don't know why it work fine in demo but not work in my game :(

KK20

My question to winkio (comment in code):

class Sprite_CharacterWeapon < RPG::Sprite

# setting all accessible variables
  attr_accessor :character
  #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # Initialization
  #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def initialize(viewport, character)
    # call original method
    super(viewport)
    # set the character
    @character = character
    # get the sprite file name
    weapon_sprite = @character.character_name_org + @character.weapon_sprite
    # load bitmap
    self.bitmap = RPG::Cache.character(weapon_sprite, 0)
    # get dimesions
    @cw = bitmap.width / @character.pattern_size
    @ch = bitmap.height / 4
    # set offsets accordingly
    self.ox = @cw / 2
    self.oy = @ch / 2 + 16   #<===== Why is @ch being divided by 2 and then added by 16? Sprite_Character class does 'self.oy = @ch'.
    # set source rectangle
    self.src_rect.set(0, 0, @cw, @ch)
    # upadte
    update
  end

Removing the / 2 + 16 seemed to fix the graphics.

Other Projects

winkio

Sase has it right, the weapon graphics are centered.  The reason for this is for long weapons like flails, the graphic extends farther than the character, so when the character faces down, the graphics will still line up correctly.

This also answers your question KK20. The /2 aligns to the vertical center instead of the lower edge, and the +16 puts the vertical center in the center of the tile, instead of the top of the tile.

Kiwa

Quote from: finalholylight on November 30, 2013, 05:02:36 am
I don't know why it work fine in demo but not work in my game :(

I had the same issue. the char charts and the wep charts are not the same size so it will not align properly.. interestingly enough i just made a guide template to help me and linked it in the forum the other day.
check it out. i hope it helps.

I also had a question for the fellas here.
I've spent the past day drawing art  for my game. swinging, casting, spell, item, jump animations but i found something interesting but i don't know if its my fault or a bug.

when i added the art into the game the spell animations no longer align properly for a few frames..then snap into place.

Ex:
animation 002: Cast Magic.
when animation in BABS is on. it will appear above my head..then snap down to the correct position.
when animation in BABS is off. it functions properly.

Sase

@Kiwa
I don't know the cause but could you just make your animations start a couple frames later by adding X amount of empty frames?

Zexion

@Kiwa: I think that it is appearing "above your head" because it might be centering with the bigger animation graphics.
For example if your normal charset looks like:

And the animation is like so:

It will display centered over the bigger file and then switch to being centered over the normal file. Idk, but this is my best guess haha

MarkHest

Anyone ever thought about making a video tutorial on how to use Blizz-ABS? The basics and such?