Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

try changing line 8097 int Blizz-ABS part 2 from

if $game_map.events[event_id].trigger > 4

to

if event_id != 0 && $game_map.events[event_id].trigger > 4

whitespirits

March 06, 2014, 07:22:10 am #5141 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:06:44 pm by whitespirits
Hi guys, im wondering if it is possible to have the charge beam effect like in buus fury? i have added the single shot sprite for standard single energy shot so i can see the character animation with the shot but im not sure how i would go about pulling of the Kame Hame Ha wave like in buus fury? thanks!

this is vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXWgUY2_mik

winkio

You should probably use the combo system for something like that.

whitespirits

Hi, so i have a request for an extra feature for Blizz abs that would be amazing for my game, so im looking for a character transform option, similar to adding character sprites to pressing a key like attacking pressing K and also pressing J changes to skill for a specific character model that u are currently using, i would love to see the option of pressing a key input and transforming for a period of time with a % increase in stats for that period,

winkio

That sounds more like a plugin, not something that would be part of the core system.

whitespirits

is there any chance you could construct the plugin for me? im building my DBZ game and no transform is just a big flaw in the concept

winkio

Nope, until v3.0 is out the only thing other thing I will work are bugfixes.

finalholylight

I want to make a skill that choose a target, then it will save location of target at this time, after 40 frames,that skill will deal damage at that location, so that if target move away from that location before 40 frames, it will take no damage, how to make a skill like that ?, I already think about "timed trap", but it only set on user location.

Wolyafa

Hello everyone!

I tried to get through this board somehow, but the sheer amount of informations seems to hit me in the face  :(

Well, I have a few questions about Blizz ABS (im using 2.84) :

1. Is there a way to make homing/super homing skills disappear after the enemy is defeated? (Skill was casted by the enemy/Screen was mostly flooded with projectiles)
2. Is there an easier way to trigger an event after an enemy is defeated? (Im using the methode with -> if item is in inventory so far)
3. How can I create complex projectile patterns with the combo system or so?

thanks in advance for any god/useful reply!

G_G

I can answer your second question.

The event page of an enemy gets activated right as he dies. So whatever commands you have in the enemy event will be called.

Wolyafa

March 14, 2014, 10:47:14 am #5150 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:48:22 am by Wolyafa
Yay! :D That worked, thanks... but still im worried about the homing projectiles...
But since that with the event page works, wow... that helped great !
But I need to get that thing with the projectiles in hand somehow...

KK20

I'll take a look at the homing projectile thing. I noticed that a long time ago too and felt it was pretty odd, especially when it reached where the enemy was at and displayed damage. It'll be something easy like "if homing and target is dead, fade out".

As for your custom projectile pattern, you will need to know how to create events through script calls. There really is no other way.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Wolyafa

QuoteAs for your custom projectile pattern, you will need to know how to create events through script calls. There really is no other way.

Uh, do you have an example for that? because im pretty new to scripting... (It should be a pretty nice barrage with some patterns)

KK20

Here's the deletion of the homing projectiles. Couldn't figure out how the fade out worked, so I just delete them immediately instead. Can be placed anywhere, so long as it is below BlizzABS.

class Map_Projectile < Map_Remote
  alias delete_homing update
  def update
    if [BlizzABS::REMHomingSkill, BlizzABS::REMHomingItem].include?(@type) &&
    @target != nil && @target.battler.dead?
      @terminate = true
    end
    delete_homing
  end
end

And, unfortunately, no I don't really have an example. Other than pointing you to the manual, I really can't help you out with that one. It's kind of a complicated, and lengthy, procedure.

Other Projects

Wolyafa

Yes, that worked for me, thanks!
Im trying to figure out how to make what I need by looking at some files from U.S.G. ~A New Beginning~ (google it)

I just need to get a methode to get some bullet patterns, this is a Touhou fangame im working on :)

KK20

Is that eventing though? Making complicated patterns and have a bunch of particle effects would suit better with pure scripting (mainly because it's faster).

Other Projects

Wolyafa

Ok... well I looked at it : game seems to be pretty closed in its current form, so I can't look at events like I hoped...  :facepalm:

What I tried, but couldnt get a hang of was the blizz abs combo system... I could get it as far that the enemy would spam lots of skills with it... but not quiet what Im looking for...

Besides... im pretty untallented when it comes to looking for such stuff... :(

If you can find anything that would help me, tell it please!

KK20

A touhou bullet hell would be better done in another game making engine, not with Blizz ABS. You can't achieve curved paths with events, only straight lines. You would also have to consider that having 200+ bullets on screen equates to 200+ events, and that will lag heavily.

Other Projects

Wolyafa

I dont want to overdo it...  :^_^': just something that comes near it!

I guess something that would work could be some extra events on the map that are stationary and "shoot" when called by a skill of the boss... but how?  :???:

whitespirits

Im looking for unarmed to dmg instead of hitting 0 all the time how do i do it?