[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

andreadixon

ok thanks, I need the blizz-abs so I'm just going to configure it with the configure editor because I need pvp. Thanks again for your help.

finalholylight

Umm, can anyone please make this Blizz-ABS and H-mode7 compatible with each other, I like mapping by h-mode7 so much.
link h-mode7 latest version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lbi1i75blpuaa2i/H-Mode7+V1.4.4.exe
source: http://save-point.org/thread-3151.html

whitespirits

Im having some tileset problems and I am assuming Blizz Abs is causing it, randomly layer 2 shows through layer 3 on some maps also there is defining issues of the tileset, for example if i have made a square unpassable  sometimes on certain maps i can walk straight over it, this is even with the pre set maps from rmxp. any idea how i fix this?

Shining Riku

April 11, 2014, 10:43:52 pm #5183 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:53:33 pm by Shining Riku
Before I post this bug, I'd like to know where you'd prefer me to post bugs in the future for Blizz ABS, either here or the bug/suggestion thread?

That said, I've run into another issue recently. I updated Blizz ABS from 2.84 to 2.86 recently and it seems it's no longer compatible with the Chaos Rage Limit system. It gave me this:
Spoiler: ShowHide

The line it brings up is this bit:
if skill_can_use?(skill.id, forced)

Any idea if that's an easy fix or not? I tried using the forum's search function to see if anything would pop up and it doesn't seem anybody's mentioned recent bugs or incompatibilities, that I could find anyhow :C
I seem to be something of a bug magnet these days but as long as it helps sort out issues I guess that's good.

BTW I checked Blizzard's script order list and I have the CRLS + BABS compatibility patch.

KK20

Did you change the script order when updating to the next version?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

winkio

actually, it looks like you didn't use the additional plugin.  It's hidden a bit farther down the CRLS post:

QuoteIf you want to use this system with Blizz-ABS, you additionally need the compatibiliy plugin (the plugin comes BELOW CRLS!):
Script Download

Shining Riku

Nope, order stayed the same. I've backed up my scripts, removed all others to test it and the same error popped up. I DO have the plugin, that's the funny thing. It seems to trigger anytime a skill is used.

I have the scripts in this order, excluding the others I tested (and made no impact whether they were absent or not)
Blizz ABS1
Blizz ABS2
Blizz ABS3
Blizz Auto Targeting
Exp in BABS HUD
Critical sounds BABS
Random Action Sprites
Rapid Fire
BABS Secondary weapon
Action Recharge Times
Chaos Rage Limit System
CRLS + BABS Compatibility plugin
Soul Force Combo System

I've tested without the BABS extras, with just BABS and CRLS too just to be sure.

Going by Blizzard's script order I'm pretty sure those are all in the proper order, correct me if I'm mistaken lol.

Minus the plugins that didn't work with BABS 2.54, that order worked for me in the past.

winkio

Ah sorry, looks like I have a newer version of the plugin that didn't get properly released when I made it almost 3 years ago.  I think I had to send it to Blizzard because I didn't have permissions to overwrite the old version of the file (and I still don't).  I updated the CRLS post with the new link, but you can also just click here.

Note to Blizzard: you might want to erase the old version and replace it with this one at some point.  I'll try and remind you if I don't see it happen soon.

Shining Riku

No problem! I'm just glad that there was already a script lying around, I was worried this would just add to your scripting workload >_>

Thanks muchly for the updated patch, I've already tested it and no skill crashes.  :haha: I had
a nice battle system set up around it and this way I get to keep it~

Blizzard

You're right, it wasn't up to date for some reason, not even in my old Blizz-ABS project. I updated everything now.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shining Riku

Thanks for updating the scripts ^^

Say, I've been wondering about something and I searched pretty thoroughly for it but couldn't find an answer. Is it possible to give allies fixed AI Triggers with script calls yet? Just curious.

I also saw mention of there possibly being an editor for people to give allies default AI triggers? I really like the AI triggers as they make allies a lot smarter than just using the default programming (even though they're pretty dang smart already compared to some games I've played)

I'm wanting to focus more on how the characters themselves act, maybe use the AI triggers to fit their personalities and whatnot instead of making the players themselves have to do all the trigger setup themselves ingame. Nothing wrong with it I've just been wanting some extra room to pre-set things myself a bit  :^_^':

KK20

There's no simple script call to do it.

t = BlizzABS::Trigger.new
$game_actors[1].triggers.push(t)
# Testing if added
p $game_actors[1].triggers

This will add a new default trigger to Actor 1 (and print out the results that the trigger was, indeed, added).

You can assign values via the parameters when creating a new trigger.

t = BlizzABS::Trigger.new(1, 2, 0, 3, 1, 3, 0)

The order of the items is as follows: activator, condition, comparator, value, action type, action data, target.

The values you can use are
Spoiler: ShowHide

# trigger data
  TRGLeader = 0
  TRGAlly = 1
  TRGSelf = 2
  TRGEnemy = 3
  TRGProbability = 4

# trigger target data
  TRGTargetDefault = 0
  TRGTargetActivator = 1

# trigger condition data
  TRGHP = 0
  TRGSP = 1
  TRGState = 2
  TRGLocation = 3

# trigger comparison data
  TRGEqual = 0
  TRGNotEqual = 1
  TRGGreater = 2
  TRGGreaterEqual = 3
  TRGLess = 4
  TRGLessEqual = 5

# trigger action data
  TRGAttack = 0
  TRGDefend = 1
  TRGSkill = 2
  TRGItem = 3

# trigger location data
  TRGClosest = 0
  TRGFarthest = 1

So in the above example, I made a trigger that activates by Ally (1) if the State (2) Equals (0) Venom (State ID 3). The actor will defend (1), so the 3 is useless since it's not a skill or item being used, on the default target (0).

Other Projects

Shining Riku

This is about the level of difficulty I expected in being able to issue default triggers. Seriously, thank you for listing all the operands. I'm gonna copy this down and put it in my notes so I can access it whenever I need reminders.

Now to practice and make sure I get them working how I want XD

Wolyafa

Hi everyone! Im back with another question :

Is it possible to make "aimed shots" so like, --> player stands somewhere on the map --> enemy shoots in his direction (In a straight line, players direction)

example :

Or can this be included in a future release of the Blizz ABS?

Zexion

It might be possible if the shot is an event itself. You could try using herectics move straight and event / script or to go to players coords

whitespirits

Hi guys, so i have been playing with bow animations today and am running into abit of a problem, i set my sprite holding the bow to hero_atk17 but it wants me to set a hero_wpn17 which is giving me a temporary character infront of my character when i attack. so i guess i would like to remove _wpn for bows and just use the _atk

KK20

How about making the _wpn sprite invisible?

Other Projects

whitespirits

Ok guys so im looking to play an SE sound every time the attack button is pressed like a sword swing sound etc even tho no enemy has been hit? can this be done?

G_G

Set the weapon's attack animation in the database to an animation that only plays a sound. I think that's how that works if I recall.

whitespirits

Perfect thanks Gamus, next thing im wondering is when an enemy or player gets hit is there a way to make u or enemy flash red on hit?