[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fjshrr5

Is Blizz-ABS compatible with the fantasy resource pack?

KK20

There's no way a script is made incompatible depending on what graphics your game uses.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

fjshrr5

Oh, Sweet deal. thanks for the response bud.

winkio

MindOnFire

Basic question that I'm sure has been asked before, but is there a simple way to produce a side-scrolling game using RPG Maker XP in conjunction with Blizz ABS? I'm just curious if it's conceptually possible to create something like a side-scrolling action platformer using RPG elements and this engine.

I don't really have free time anymore; I work 6 days a week and write a lot of music and stuff in my fleeting off time. I'm just milling over a simple concept in my head that I'd like to pursue in the future. :) So no rush on the answer.
Then.
Now.
Forever.

Wolyafa

Hey all! Im here with a new question! :3

What can I do to make objects on the map "block" shots, so that they don't go through walls?

Would be most important for homing shots, so that the player can move behind an object and the shot just, gets blocked by a wall?

Because having some Boss "hurling" shots at you and well.. they get more and more... once touched by all.. well boom! <.< not so good

Wolyafa

Quote from: Wolyafa on November 10, 2014, 04:39:51 pm
Hey all! Im here with a new question! :3

What can I do to make objects on the map "block" shots, so that they don't go through walls?

Would be most important for homing shots, so that the player can move behind an object and the shot just, gets blocked by a wall?

Because having some Boss "hurling" shots at you and well.. they get more and more... once touched by all.. well boom! <.< not so good

Still no answer to my question? -.-

KK20

November 15, 2014, 04:40:51 pm #5287 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 04:48:50 pm by KK20
iirc, homing shots ignore walls. Other projectiles, however, should be affected by them. There is a configuration for setting terrain tags as walls.
But having a timer for homing shots has been, definitely, one of the things I'd like to see added.

EDIT: Something you could do for the walls is find this method in part 3

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # update_projectile
  #  Updates additional projectile behavior.
  def update_projectile
    # if not moving or out of screen or non-homing projectile hitting a wall
    if !moving? || out_of_screen?(128) ||
        !BlizzABS::REMHomingBase.include?(@type) &&
        BlizzABS::Config::WALL_TAGS.include?(self.terrain_tag)

and change it to

# update_projectile
  #  Updates additional projectile behavior.
  def update_projectile
    # if not moving or out of screen or hitting a wall
    if !moving? || out_of_screen?(128) ||
        BlizzABS::Config::WALL_TAGS.include?(self.terrain_tag)

Other Projects

Wolyafa

Ok, one good thing : homing projectiles are hitting walls now...
But the script has the error that if the wall gets hit by the projectile, the "player" takes damage...

hmm... a timer would definitely be nice

Vultrex

Hi! I've been messing with Blizz-abs for a bit and have a couple questions regarding it. I tried looking for my answers a bit, but the search function didnt help, and reading through these massive amounts of pages would take a while..

1. This seems like a really obvious bug, but when I create an enemy using the create event script commmand, and I have it have a death condition, it bugs out randomely executing the death trigger repeatedly every frame until the enemy is "done dieing". I tested this by using the create event command to make an enemy that dies in couple hits, and on death is set to raise variable 10 by 1 point. Normally, it works fine. I check with f9 after each kill (I have them spawning every second, up to 8 at once). But, more often than not, it stops working, and every enemy killed after starts bugging out and does the same thing. I get no errors, and can hear the dieing SE over and over. I've tried with and without a custom death animation, changing the death animation length, and changing the amount of enemies on the screen to no avail. I need this to work because I have a "survival" type arena that needs the variables set to change on enemy death to be precise. I had it working, but I couldnt work around the bug. At one point the variables that are supposed to keep the enemy spawns down went to rediculous amounts, causing enemies to keep spawning EVEN THOUGH I had a parallel process to set it down if it got too high, which means it had executed multiple enemy deaths in a couple frames many times. Is there a way to fix this? Is this a known bug? Do you need more info?

2. Can I have a better explaination on the Combo system? Sometimes not all the commands I am asking for work, and it seems generally unresponsive to me. There must be some trick or something I'm not doing right, especially for enemies.

I'd really appreciate any ideas/input on my first question. It's really bugging me.

Wolyafa

Quote from: Vultrex on November 18, 2014, 09:51:11 pm
Hi! I've been messing with Blizz-abs for a bit and have a couple questions regarding it. I tried looking for my answers a bit, but the search function didnt help, and reading through these massive amounts of pages would take a while..

1. This seems like a really obvious bug, but when I create an enemy using the create event script commmand, and I have it have a death condition, it bugs out randomely executing the death trigger repeatedly every frame until the enemy is "done dieing". I tested this by using the create event command to make an enemy that dies in couple hits, and on death is set to raise variable 10 by 1 point. Normally, it works fine. I check with f9 after each kill (I have them spawning every second, up to 8 at once). But, more often than not, it stops working, and every enemy killed after starts bugging out and does the same thing. I get no errors, and can hear the dieing SE over and over. I've tried with and without a custom death animation, changing the death animation length, and changing the amount of enemies on the screen to no avail. I need this to work because I have a "survival" type arena that needs the variables set to change on enemy death to be precise. I had it working, but I couldnt work around the bug. At one point the variables that are supposed to keep the enemy spawns down went to rediculous amounts, causing enemies to keep spawning EVEN THOUGH I had a parallel process to set it down if it got too high, which means it had executed multiple enemy deaths in a couple frames many times. Is there a way to fix this? Is this a known bug? Do you need more info?

2. Can I have a better explaination on the Combo system? Sometimes not all the commands I am asking for work, and it seems generally unresponsive to me. There must be some trick or something I'm not doing right, especially for enemies.

I'd really appreciate any ideas/input on my first question. It's really bugging me.

About the combo system, try disable button input when you start the skill and enable it after the combo is done

ThalliumShine

One question, what code should I put when I don't want numbers to show when I deal and take damage?

Since there is already a standard hud that shows how much HP I have and my enemy, I don't want to see the numbers of damage to show when I attack or the enemy attacks me.

Thank you.

KK20

In part 2, make this change:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # request_damage_sprite
    #  char - map character
    #  Requests a sprite for damage display.
    def request_damage_sprite(char, damage = nil)
      return
    end

Other Projects

edmondedi

Hi!
Is there any script for Blizz-ABS what shows up the enemy's name above the enemy event?  :???:
I was searching for a while, but didn't find anything :/

Blizzard

Quote from: KK20 on February 03, 2015, 03:29:17 pm
In part 2, make this change:

# request_damage_sprite
   #  char - map character
   #  Requests a sprite for damage display.
   def request_damage_sprite(char, damage = nil)
     return
   end

Hm, I'm trying to remember if there was actually a built-in option in Blizz-ABS to turn it off.
Either way, this is a very clever solution. Shows how awesome Blizz-ABS is. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

I actually searched the forums since I felt like I answered this one before, and came across this. :P

@edmondedi: Could you just try any script that shows names over events? I don't think one would have to be written to work exclusively for Blizz-ABS.

Other Projects

Kiwa

Hey guys. I took a long time off my project due to lots of work and real life stuff interfering as well as burning out from working on it 24/7. (doing custom art burned me out the most lol)
Gonna try to finish up what I wanted to for my first release of it.

As I picked it up again I found a dilemma I was having. I wanted to make puzzle dungeons and start with some simple puzzles using event switches and doors.

I'm having trouble with the doors. it seems I can just walk thru the event doors. and I'm not sure how this can happen. lol.
my feeling is its to do with the 8 way movement and/or the monsters being events. is there a way I can make sure areas are gated by doors?

Thanks in advance :D

KK20

How are you creating your door event?

Other Projects

Kiwa

Thanks for the response KK20. Much love.
I'm setting it up as I would a usual event with no extra scripts (As I've done many times before.)

I took a screen.
Spoiler: ShowHide

The event works correctly. if I pull the trigger the door will vanish.
It's just that I can walk thru it. as if it weren't there.

KK20

Can you walk through character sprites? How about using a different tileset graphic? Check the tileset passability again to make sure you didn't accidentally change an X to an O.

Other Projects