Kiwa

Yeah really odd.
Passage is X
Passage (dir) has no pass ability.
Priority is nothing (dot)
Bush is nothing
counter nothing
Terrain 0

If I create an NPC I can not pass thru them. If I use an image that's not a tile set it works properly. If I use a tile set image it seems I can walk over it unless I'm EXACTLY aligned with the tiles (as if i didn't use the 8way movement script included in BABS. like a fresh new project) Making it easier to avoid the tile than hit it lol.
I guess I can work around that by making "singular door" char sets and using large image sizes.

Thanks for the response KK20 :D
I think by the time this is done...I'm gonna have to put your name as the creator lol.

KK20

The thing is it doesn't do anything like that in my clean demo (v2.87). EIGHT_WAY_MOVEMENT is true, event looks exactly the same, passability not allowed, works perfectly fine. There has to be something else in your game interfering with it.

Quote from: Kiwa on February 27, 2015, 10:09:56 am
I think by the time this is done...I'm gonna have to put your name as the lead programmer lol.

fixd :V:

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Kiwa

Well I see I haven't fixed it actually. I can still jump thru the door that is a one block event.
I'm poking around trying to figure it out. but I cant imagine why it would happen. I don't have any scripts that directly manage events, other than BABS.

This is the list of scripts I'm using.. in this order

Spoiler: ShowHide

#Blizz ABS 1
#Blizz ABS 2
#Blizz ABS 3

#Landith: Blizz-ABS Party HUD++
#Winkio: Action Recharge Time
#LiTTleDRAgo: Smart Auto Targeting
#LiTTleDRAgo: DRG Inventory System
#HoT DoT: Shdwlink1993
#Now Loading Script: game_guy

#Fantasist: Threat System (skills configured but not yet moded for BABS)

# Blizz ABS ENEMY HP METER: LiTTleDRAgo
# Skill Damage Over Time (Blizz ABS add-on): KK20
# Now Loading Script: Game_Guy
# Threat Script: Fantasist (not function with BABS atm)
# Item Art Color 1.21: LiTTleDRAgo
# Tax Script 2.0: Falcon
# DRG - Limited Shop 1.34: LiTTleDRAgo

#Multi-slot equipment script (1) 6.2.2: Guillaume777
#Multi-slot equipment script (2)
#Multi-slot equipment script (3)
#Multi-slot equipment script (4)

#Blacksmith Shop 2.0 (1): ForeverZer0
#Blacksmith Shop 2.0 (2)
#Blacksmith Shop 2.0 (3)

#Stat Distribution 2.2b: Blizzard
#Custom HotKey Mod to call 'Stat Distribution System' ect... : Me
# RO Job/Skill System: Blizzard

I have an unofficial team here. lol.
I've realized I bit off way more than I can chew tho. Almost wish I could gather some people to work on the art.. BABS 'action animation' is such a cool deep system...but damn pixel by pixel work is exhausting for me lol.

Kiwa

March 04, 2015, 09:07:49 am #5303 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:21:27 am by Kiwa
I'm really fighting with this door problem lol.
I should mention that I tried the  \nojump tag in the name and it doesn't seem to work on doors or enemies.

Could this perhaps be because my jump is set to 2 space? or because i need to use the custom event size?
the event name was just "door \nojump"
tried with no space as well "door\nojump"
as well as removing the name and reversing it.

***EDIT***
I found that it is because of the distance of the jump and the hitbox of the NPC (in this case the door) if I were to land on the object it will not allow me to jump..
I need to extend the hit box perhaps. but I see the "custom event size" wont let me extend the hit box

Any insight would be appreciate.
Thanks

:D

KK20

Could put more events behind the door to prevent jumping over it. No idea why 'nojump' won't work.
Could always post a demo so that my answers aren't just pure speculation.

Other Projects

Shining Riku

Hmm, I have a question regarding the combo system. I've got some ideas I really like regarding the conditional branches, but I don't actually know how to set those up in the combos! Is there a way for me to check what states are on the actor/enemy is activating the combo, or at least check if a switch is on? I'm not sure if the Battler option (Which I realize is unimplemented as of this post!) would take care of the state thing or not. I'm quite eager to know if I can check those things! It'd help me add even more depth to the system I'm setting up.

Second question, mostly wishful thinking! Back when BABS was in 2.54 or so, I was using Winkio's exploding skills addon (Which is now worked into BABS) and there was this really cool bug I actually took advantage of. Whenever you used a shooting/thrusting skill and set the explosion radius, it made the projectile behave as if it were, say, a "wide-shot"

For example I made a skill that fires a compressed ball of sound and it damaged stuff anywhere within a 2.5 tile radius as it flew. I REALLY like the idea of wide projectiles being an option even though the spritesets for them cant't reflect that (Side view of the projectile not being able to extend downwards, front/back views could cover the range). It'd be cool if that could be implemented for real but it's probably a bit much to ask :hm:

Anyways, first question's most pertinent! Second thing would just be flat out awesome.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the by, Kiwa, a fix I can think of for your door is to make a dud tile for your tileset with a terrain tag# of 4 or something you don't use often and set that terrain tag to specifically block jumps. I think it's a thing but you could make it a wall too. I'll have to check the config. Just make sure the invisible tile you set to the terrain tag# is passable normally and just blocks jumps! Just slap that tile on the layer above your floor/ground that's around the door and have the door event directly on that tile.

That's the best I can come up with, it's a bit of an extreme fix but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes! Now I'm going to bed it's 5AM here. I'm out!

LiTTleDRAgo

@Kiwa

search this line at part 2 (should be around line 9029)

def jump_passable?(x, y, nx, ny)
    # passable if tags are not being used at all (to save process time)
    return true if BlizzABS::Config::NO_JUMP_TAGS.size == 0 # <<<<<
    # get pixel movement rate
    pix = $BlizzABS.pixel
    # get jump direction
    xdir, ydir = (nx - x).sgn, (ny - y).sgn
    # iterate
    loop do
      # if tile has one of the terrain tags or event that can't be jumped
      if !event_jump_passable?(x, y) ||
         BlizzABS::Config::NO_JUMP_TAGS.include?(terrain_tag(x / pix, y / pix))
        # impassable
        return false
      # if all tiles are passable
      elsif x == nx && y == ny
      # passable
        return true
      end
      # next tile
      x += xdir * pix
      y += ydir * pix
    end
  end

comment out that line

almog99

March 30, 2015, 04:19:21 am #5307 Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:53:40 pm by almog99
is there chance to set speed per class? i mean like a thief class will get 6 speed and warrior class 3.
in the movement tab its set for all classes as 1 i guess, anything i can do ?
thanks.
never mind after i figured it out i feel stupid xD.
but there is another question now , i want to make a skill that can make the player dash x squares and dmg the monsters in the way , and a skill
that a player can teleport behide an enemy and damage him.
edit2:another question lol sry for so many questions , is there any way to use a double/triple slash and double/triple shot(shoot 3 projectiles at 1 time ).
Thanks alot.
Dragon Ball Z Another Timeline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHOi4sUPsDw

KK20

Have you looked into the Combo system at all?
Not sure about the teleport one though.

Other Projects

almog99

March 30, 2015, 11:24:03 pm #5309 Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:11:40 am by almog99
Quote from: KK20 on March 30, 2015, 01:40:23 pm
Have you looked into the Combo system at all?
Not sure about the teleport one though.

with the combo system i only managed to do the double/triple slash but with projecttile i want them to move seperate directions like splitting from the
character.
and the dashing is work with combo also but the problem is how i deal the dmg for any enemy in the dash range ? and is there an option
that during a dash the character is immune to attacks?
and is there an option to change the weapon sprite(not character) in the combo menu?
Thanks for your reply.
Dragon Ball Z Another Timeline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHOi4sUPsDw

Kiwa

@LiTTleDRAgo && @KK20

Thanks for the help friends.
It turned out that I didn't need to work half as hard as I was.
Basically, I used the  NO_JUMP_TAGS rather than the  \nojump event flag.
and I tagged some different grass terrain with the effected terrain flag. Now its all gravy baby.

Sorry for the long long hiatus. I've somewhat delayed my project because I'm putting in lots of extra work hours.  I've been studying Java script too.
I'm enjoying programming a lot, again. I'm hoping to return to it and enter the field some time in the near future.

Studying Java has helped me understand Ruby a bit more as well.

I'm still working on it slowly. I really appreciate you guys.
If I enter the field again, I hope they can be as patient as you fellas.

much love!

Kiwa

May 06, 2015, 10:33:10 am #5311 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:46:50 pm by KK20
Hey guys

I am finding another issue(as usual). I'm doing something wrong I know.

I am trying to make a boss. I have set BABS "Repair Movement Command" = true
My pixel movement is 3 (so greater than 0 as it states)
If I use "Autonomous movement" => "Move Route"
my boss/enemy only moves these itty bitty bits. seemingly 3 pixels as the "pixel movement Rate" is set rather than the 32 pixel.

if I use "List of Event Commands" => "Event Commands" => "Set Move Route..." Events all move correctly.
if that event is an enemy (/e[ID]) and I use the "Event Commands" as a Parallel Process...he bugs out and just runs to the right, hits the map edge and keeps walking. lol.

I'm confident I'm on the right track. But what might I be doing to interrupt the movement?
I don't have any action/movement scripts. But here is my included scripts.
Spoiler: ShowHide

#========List of Scripts added==========

#Blizz ABS 1
#Blizz ABS 2
#Blizz ABS 3

#Landith: Blizz-ABS Party HUD++
#Winkio: Action Recharge Time
#LiTTleDRAgo: Smart Auto Targeting
#LiTTleDRAgo: DRG Inventory System
#HoT DoT: Shdwlink1993
#Now Loading Script: game_guy

#Fantasist: Threat System (skills configured but not yet moded for BABS)

# Blizz ABS ENEMY HP METER: LiTTleDRAgo
# Skill Damage Over Time (Blizz ABS add-on): KK20
# Now Loading Script: Game_Guy
# Threat Script: Fantasist (not function with BABS atm)
# Item Art Color 1.21: LiTTleDRAgo
# Tax Script 2.0: Falcon
# DRG - Limited Shop 1.34: LiTTleDRAgo

#Multi-slot equipment script (1) 6.2.2: Guillaume777
#Multi-slot equipment script (2)
#Multi-slot equipment script (3)
#Multi-slot equipment script (4)

#Blacksmith Shop 2.0 (1): ForeverZer0
#Blacksmith Shop 2.0 (2)
#Blacksmith Shop 2.0 (3)

#Stat Distribution 2.2b: Blizzard
#Custom HotKey Mod to call 'Stat Distribution System' ect... : Me
# RO Job/Skill System: Blizzard

#Custom HotKey scripts.

MindOnFire

Hey guys... long story short, I have a new project with a lot of scripts installed. A metric sh*t-tonne, in fact, as I installed a couple of Moonpearl's scripts (balloon messages and face display), which caused me to have to install, like, 30 some scripts to friggin' use them.

Blizz ABS is in there, obviously, and a couple of scripts that should be causing no problems with Blizz are installed as well. Specifically, game_guy's End Credits script, Clive's Hero Database (which I've had working with Blizz ABS before... just lost the project file in a hard drive crash), and Blizz ABS Battlecry by Little Drago.

I had Heretic's Blinking Low Stat Numbers installed, but that did cause some problems with Blizz ABS, so that's been removed.

Now, its been awhile since I've touched RMXP , and even longer since I've used Blizz ABS (going on 2 years due to the previous loss of this project due to hard drive failure.)

Whenever I attempt to test the game, I can get as far as the title screen. When I hit New Game, I get the following error message:

Does this look like I've made a mistake in the Config App? Enabling something that shouldn't be enabled? (I have no graphics to speak of to use with BABS yet.)

Or does this look like something that would be caused by one of the many other scripts that are installed? I'm hoping its not that, but it's probably that. :P
Then.
Now.
Forever.

KK20

Got any scripts below Blizz ABS? The line is pointing to an instance of Map_Actor#refresh which can take in an optional parameter. More than likely, you have some piece of code in another script below that is overriding this change and making the refresh method not accept any parameters.

Other Projects

MindOnFire

Quote from: KK20 on May 28, 2015, 10:42:41 pm
Got any scripts below Blizz ABS? The line is pointing to an instance of Map_Actor#refresh which can take in an optional parameter. More than likely, you have some piece of code in another script below that is overriding this change and making the refresh method not accept any parameters.

Yeah, a few. They're all scripts that say to put them below BABS, though... what should I do?

Then.
Now.
Forever.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MindOnFire

May 29, 2015, 02:23:29 am #5316 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:00:35 am by MindOnFire
Thanks Blizzard. I can't believe I got BABS and Tons of Addons flipped around. :^_^': I'll test that out and then let you know what's up.

Thank you too, KK20!

Oh, and before I forget, Multiple Message Windows is just an empty script. I forgot to delete the space where it was after I removed it to use Moonpearl's message window script. :facepalm:
Then.
Now.
Forever.

Sylphe

May 29, 2015, 02:02:08 pm #5317 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:49:59 pm by Sylphe
How do we make pathfind for an event ?
I saw it was possible for the player in the manual but.. No pathfind for events ? :3
Even in the FAQ their isn't the question  >:(  xD

If this feature isn't available...: ShowHide
blindly follow his heart can lead to the loss

Sylphe, descendant of Zoldik Family.
Quote from: TedBearTRY KEEP UP

Blizzard

While I did write that this script shouldn't be used when Blizz-ABS is already present, it might not cause a conflict if you use it just for events. http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12851.0.html
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sylphe

May 29, 2015, 06:08:51 pm #5319 Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:26:08 pm by Sylphe
Ow ok thank you !  :)
Weird simple events pathfinder isn't in BABS XD

And another small thing : I want to make a skill that summon a monster, and this skill will be used by another monster ...

The manual said : Let there be light "You will be able to choose the id of the actor or enemy to summon, as well as the Summon Time, or how long the summon lasts."
But in the BABS configurator you can only choose the actor when you summon pet, and when you want to summon monster it doesn't show a list of monsters to summon :/

The manual then said "In the Skills module of the script, you must set the value of the summon method to an array containing the summon type, summon id, and summon time   [SummonPet, 5, 30]." And there was light
But even when I reconfigure the script  ( with [Summon, EXPLNone, 2, 30] then [Summon, 2, 30] in my case) the monster doesn't use the skill, even when I force the skill with the enemy_force_action
._.
Does this feature require a specific sprite ? ^^ Or will it just not work ? XD

EDIT :

The code said manual fuck you
what the code said: ShowHide
# if summoning
      if type[0] == SUMMON
        # nobody except actors can summon with caterpillar turned on
        return false unless ch.is_a?(Map_Actor) && $game_system.caterpillar

I think it will be harder to do what I want x)
blindly follow his heart can lead to the loss

Sylphe, descendant of Zoldik Family.
Quote from: TedBearTRY KEEP UP