[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TLarch

I've done what you said, and even upgraded from 1.95 to 1.98, but I'm getting the same results.   :-\

Calintz

Man...
This looks really fantastic.

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on July 01, 2008, 03:13:56 pm
Thanks for the bug report, TLarch, but as Aqua said, somebody already reported it. I will fix it in 1.99, but you can use this hotfix in the meantime.

class Interpreter

alias cmd_231_blizzabs_later command_231
  def command_231
    if $scene.is_a?(Scene_Map)
      flag, $game_temp.in_battle = $game_temp.in_battle, false
    end
    result = cmd_231_blizzabs_later
    $game_temp.in_battle = flag if $scene.is_a?(Scene_Map)
    return result
  end

alias cmd_232_blizzabs_later command_232
  def command_232
    end
    result = cmd_232_blizzabs_later
    return result
  end

alias cmd_233_blizzabs_later command_233
  def command_233
    end
    result = cmd_233_blizzabs_later
    return result
  end

alias cmd_234_blizzabs_later command_234
  def command_234
    end
    result = cmd_234_blizzabs_later
    return result
  end

alias cmd_235_blizzabs_later command_235
  def command_235
    end
    result = cmd_235_blizzabs_later
    return result
  end

end

If you use that snipplet, the picture commands should work. They work fine with me, regardless of the Blizz-ABS version.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TLarch

I've done everything, and quadruple checked.  The only thing I can think of is I am probably putting the fix in the wrong place.  Is it supposed to have a certain name, like the script parts are named "Part 1", "Part 2", "Part 3" or doesn't it matter?

Aqua

The script name doesn't matter.

The picture scriptlet is a little bugged though and has been reported to Blizz.  Just be patient :)

TLarch

Alright.

I just thought I was doing something wrong (which is highly likely).  I will put this little piece of the game on the back burner for now.

Valcos

K Blizz Im going to use your ABS! :o! Probably gonna ask you a crap load of questions :(
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Phasedscar

I just thought of a question this morning.  Is there any way to get a status effect that can make a monster move slower or stop in place, yet still be able to attack if you get close enough?
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

You can rename an event and add the \m command to freeze its movement. But then again, it's not a status effect. I was probably going to add status effects that could speed you up/slow down by simply using the already present running/sneaking systems. I remember that I abandoned that idea for good reason, but I can't remember why...

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Lore

That would be a pretty cool option to have Blizzy, I think you should implement it.
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

Aqua

July 09, 2008, 08:47:53 pm #490 Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 08:48:59 pm by Aqua
Hehe I think I know why Blizz abandoned it :P
Constant changing of the actors speed or graphic (event in parallel process) will cause the caterpillar guys to go wacky.

Anyway... if you can't get it to work, I might be able to event this... :)
Just gotta find a way to fix the wacky caterpillar.

Blizzard

July 10, 2008, 06:47:43 am #491 Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 06:53:07 am by Blizzard
Exactly! If the main char can run and the rest can't, it will be screwed up. A speed down status effect could be better. But then again, if one of the followers is slowed down and the leader isn't, the same stuff will happen. -_-
This could be avoided if the running and sneaking system are being used as well. Let's say you use only running, so only status effects with speed up are allowed. But then again this is pointless as you don't need the status effect to run. -_-'

Phasedscar

Hmm...  The one solution I can think of is to make it so you can't get too far away from the rest of your allies.  If you get out of a certain distance you get slowed down enough for them to catch up?

Anyway, I was thinking of this as an idea to use against monsters and not vise versa.  More of a tactical advantage for your party.
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Nortos

or just make it an option for people going for old school style Zelda without party's than it would work fine and would be awesome

Blizzard

The only real option would just be to limit movement into a direction like in SoM or other games. BTW, the fourth edition is out with a bugfix for the Config app.

Caro Ru Lushe

:P Question . . . . If Reflect & CLR are up & can only be use for 1.99, & we still have 1.98, well, isn't it compatible or not? >______>;;;

Blizzard

July 13, 2008, 08:55:16 am #496 Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:17:17 am by Blizzard
No, it's not. :D v1.99 is still work in progress, you have to wait. xD I'll post the CRLS compatibility plugin soon as well. Again, it will be compatible with v1.99, not v1.98. xD

EDIT: Crap, Config v1.91 was faulty, I put up v1.92. -_-

Terry16389

I'm sure this has been asked before, but for some reason whenever a text box pops up while I'm using your ABS (v.1.98) it won't let me move to the next screen. I'm also using some other scripts so I dunno if they may have any effect on it.

I'm using:

ccoa's Weather Script
The SDK
Near Fantastica's Particle Engine
and Slipknot's Letter-by-Letter Message Window.

I would assume that the LBLMW would be the cause of it, but I'm not sure. Also, I've already checked the order that the scripts should be in and they're in the correct order.

Thanks to anyone who helps with this. :)

"Anyone can say you can't write, don't let anyone say you don't."

Aqua

Ew SDK...

Blizz-ABS isn't compatible with SDK... yet

Blizzard

Actually since v1.97 it might be fully compatible. Have you tried commenting out script by script (put "=begin" at the top and "=end" at the bottom) to see which one is causing the problem?