[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

drahc

July 28, 2008, 02:38:21 am #560 Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:06:39 am by drahc
Hey bliss i've just played your demo and i totally agree with you that you really pwnd almost all those ABS out there (Except for the brazillian ABS which really kicks ass). anyway i just want to ask if your ABS can be used on a side scrolling type RPG? I have this project for a long time (since .net and asyllum days) that up until now dont have a battle system and a decent movement system. I've tried using ccoa's CBS RTAB version which i think is the best when it comes to turnbased battle system but im not happy with it and ending up my project on deep sleep. But when i saw your ABS recently i think it's perfect for my project it's just that i dont know if it will work with platform based game. Take note that i have no knowledge when it comes to RGSS and a little bit of eventing only.

Hope you have some time to answer some of my question anyway gudluck with the version 2.xx.

Thank you.

note: sorry if i post this first on the resources section that's really stupid of me.

Blizzard

Funny since the ABS version in the demo is very, very old. xD The most recent version of the ABS owns that old version. It even owns XAS (that Brazilian ABS) and NeoABS. And the next version (v1.99) will even feature combos. v2.0 will feature allies and advanced combos (like run, jump, attack, jump back). If you want to use it for a platform game, I'd say it would be enough to get rid of the directions system. Well, it depends on the platform system.

PS: Don't worry, I'll delete that post then. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sin86

Oh yeah, the error also happens if you do the same thing, but with variables instead of switches. This time it is:

"Script 'blizz 3' line 3661 NoMethodError Occurred

undefined `color' for nil:NilClass"

Also in 1.98.

Blizzard

July 28, 2008, 01:12:43 pm #563 Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:20:44 pm by Blizzard
Alright, I'll fix that in v1.99.

EDIT: Lol, I just realized that I fixed that for 1.99 already. xD Here's the hotfix. Just above that line should be a lin saying "def update_select". Just add this line below:

return if @sprite == nil

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

TLarch

Hey Blizz,

When I have an item that heals One Ally, it works fine.  However, using the item on "The User" gives me this error.

Spoiler: ShowHide

~TLarch

Blizzard

July 28, 2008, 07:02:19 pm #565 Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:04:42 pm by Blizzard
That's a new error. Just change the line to this one and it will work fine.

ch.item_effect(ch, object)

EDIT: There's one more. Change line 1826 to:

targets.each {|target| target.item_effect(ch, object)}

Sin86

July 28, 2008, 08:12:12 pm #566 Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 08:18:32 pm by Sin86
Got another error, this time it is with enemy transform.

Ok, enemy transform normally works fine but if you put in several enemy transforms into one event (such as 2 enemy transforms, one for event 002, the other for event 003), it gives out an error involving syntax. It doesn't say what script the error is located in or anything.

This however, does not happen if you have an enemy that has 3 forms where the there is an enemy transform on the first page or an enemy transform on the second page. It only happens if you got more than one enemy transform on one page.

Blizzard

I'll check that. And don't forget that you have to leave out the leading zeroes.

Sin86

Yeah, I forgot that you don't need to use the 2 zeros for the events. Because of that, it is fixed but there is another problem.

This time there is no error message but when I place an enemy, I make 2 pages and the smaller enemy is activated by a switch on the 2nd page and whenever I get the big enemy to try to multiply into some smaller enemies by adding a switch onto the big enemy event, the smaller ones do not appear.

Now, the reason why I made a second page on the smaller enemies is there is some sort of glitch if the smaller enemies are single pages where if you were to step onto a tile where the smaller enemies are and use physical attacks or magic, it won't appear because it'll think you killed the enemy. The enemy would suppose to appear after the switch is activated after killing the bigger enemy(that is if you have the switch on the first page) but if you go onto it's tile and attack the tile enough(and in something like that, no attack numbers appear so you won't know for sure until you activate the switch), which is why I made a 2nd page and leave the first page completely blank.

drahc

July 28, 2008, 11:08:45 pm #569 Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:31:05 pm by drahc
Quote from: Blizzard on July 28, 2008, 06:23:54 am
Funny since the ABS version in the demo is very, very old. xD The most recent version of the ABS owns that old version. It even owns XAS (that Brazilian ABS) and NeoABS. And the next version (v1.99) will even feature combos. v2.0 will feature allies and advanced combos (like run, jump, attack, jump back). If you want to use it for a platform game, I'd say it would be enough to get rid of the directions system. Well, it depends on the platform system.

PS: Don't worry, I'll delete that post then. :)

Wow cool then maybe ill wait for the Version 2 to come out. (at least i have time to prepare the necessary graphics). Anyway i know that your ABS really owns the XAS ABS which is this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QTnqOZZpmI
but what im talking about is this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NDt_gvJ-E&feature=related

which i think is way different from XAS. Im not sure if he is a brazillian but thats what i heard from other forum.
Anyway thanks again for your time and gudluck with your project.

thanks again.

TLarch

Hey Blizzard,

I don't have a problem this time  :^_^':

I was wondering if there was a way to make the characters shield (the act of defending) equal anything other than zero every time.  Maybe instead, changing it to 5-10% of the damage you would have received.  Is this possible?

~TLarch

Blizzard

July 29, 2008, 08:06:40 am #571 Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:38:08 am by Blizzard
I can make an option that you either take the default damage (50%) or none at all. I think I will do that. BTW, if you want to change how much that is, you have to edit Game_Battler#attack_effect.

@drahc: Except for the super attack animation Blizz-ABS will feature stuff like that in 2.0. As I said, advanced combos. :naughty:

@Sin86: I will check that. Maybe it's a bug in Blizz-ABS.

EDIT: Yes, you are right. I can kill enemies that have not been activated by a switch yet. I will fix that in v1.99.

EDIT: Ok, there's the hotfix. Find "class Map_Enemy", then below find the line "def update". Just below that one "unless self.update?" should be there. Change it to "unless self.update? && @precondition". Before "def update" add this piece of code:

def battler
    return (@precondition ? @battler : nil)
  end

I already did make the preparations to prevent this bug to happen, but I obviously didn't finish it.

drahc

Wow Cool. I never liked the Super attack animation anyway but the combos really makes me drool. hehehe.

Anyway you really are the best man coz you provide quick support on your script unlike others.  :evil:

Thanks.

Sin86

July 29, 2008, 12:48:58 pm #573 Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 11:33:18 pm by Sin86
The hotfix gave me a new error.

"Script 'blizz 3' line 3786 NoMethodError Occurred

undefined `dead?' for nil:NilClass"

It happens if you have(this is what I got, I put these commands onto the big enemy itself) something like a variable as the first command, followed by a conditional branch using that same variable along with an enemy transform(which is suppose to duplicate into the smaller enemies) along with an enemy recover. The "else" part don't go anything in it though.

This is some of the code in it's current form that I changed to make it look like what you mentioned for the hotfix.

def battler
    return (@precondition ? @battler : nil)
  end
  def update
    # if outside of ABSEAL range
    unless self.update? && @precondition

Valcos

hey Blizz is it possible to use the abs for like a point and click shooter kinda thing? I havent been able to extract it i keep getting an error  :^_^': so just asking in advance.... not really sure how the abs works  :???:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Ryex

July 31, 2008, 12:33:05 pm #575 Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:35:13 pm by Ryex
but what im talking about is this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NDt_gvJ-E&feature=related

which i think is way different from XAS. Im not sure if he is a brazillian but thats what i heard from other forum.
Anyway thanks again for your time and gudluck with your project.

thanks again.

you do realize that that is a turn based abs you set what they do in the menu in a way it is kinda like FFXII
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I will post a teaser topic for the release of v1.99 any moment. :3

@Sin86: Then nevermind for now. If it doesn't work, then there must be something else I edited before or a related bug that I fixed in my dev version already.

@Valcos: Maybe in a version after 2.0 because to add this to the current Blizz-ABS can be cvery bothersome and complicated.

@Ryex: Crap, you're right. xD

Ryex

Quote from: Blizzard on July 31, 2008, 07:03:38 pm
@Ryex: Crap, you're right. xD

I know I am and your point is? XD
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Blizz-ABS can't be really compared with that system. That's good, I don't want Blizz-ABS to own EVERY battle system out there. :rofl:

Ryex

July 31, 2008, 09:32:52 pm #579 Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 09:34:08 pm by Ryex
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think you can escape that Bliz

Turn_Base == Fail