[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

August 08, 2008, 09:52:31 am #640 Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:02:49 am by Blizzard
That is because somebody wanted enemies not to be able to spawn on impassable events which is a major slowdown. >:( I had no idea how big. I will reverse that change now.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

*cough and shifty eyes*
Sooo is the changed version up now?

Blizzard

Yes. I put it up immediately. In fact, I'm no even sure if they will respawn on impassable events due to some earlier changes in the system for v1.99. It might work this way just fine.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

shdwlink1993

Uh, Blizz, ALL the links to the ABS are down... :O.o:
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Blizzard

They are deleting my files again! I will kill this host! :argh:

Caro Ru Lushe

Are the files back on or is it still down?  :^_^;:

shdwlink1993

Unless I'm mistaken 1.99 is still up.

Hopefully :^_^':.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Kukulkan

Hi there!

I'm new here ^^U as you can imagine I got here because of Blizz ABS script wich is pretty damn awesome, I've tested it and it works near perfectly, however, after reading the manual, there are some things I still don't understand...

Hope I get answered if you could be so kind.

1. Is there a way to move a Monster event or switch it with another? I tried it with conditional branchs and variables, but I can't seem to get them there, like if the script returned the events to their original locations.

2. Can I configure boss fights? Like, the boss (again) moves or does something after He gets 50% damage for example?

Love the forum hope to stay long n.n

Aqua

You can set a move route to the event of a monster and it'll follow that route.

And do you mean switch the monster with another or switch its location?
Switching the monster requires you to rename the event.  I dunno how to on the top of my head; it's explained in the manual.
I'm pretty sure you can switch its location the same way you switch any event's location:  by using a map X and map Y variable.

Monsters follows the same actions as they are set in the Enemy tab of the database.  If you want a monster to heal itself when it reaches 50% HP, set the precondition of Heal to be 50% HP.

Kukulkan

August 09, 2008, 11:09:08 pm #649 Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:54:30 pm by Kukulkan
Thank you, understood that, I'm gonna give it a try

EDIT: I got another question, I tried making the enemy "talk" after he recieved 75% damage and it worked, then I wanted to move the enemy event to another place of the screen but it didn't work, he just stayed there, fixed

That's what I was talking about, I can't seem to set the event location of an enemy after he uses such an attack

Blizzard

In other words, the "Change Event Location" command doesn't work for enemies? I'll look into that. BTW, does it work if the event is not running (no message box), if the only command is the Change Location command?

There are two way to change the enemy: Either use the transform battleflow command (3.2.1x) or rename the event (3.2.1x, right before the chapter about battleflor commands).

legacyblade

Alright, you said to make a demo if the problem persisted, so I did. just watch the cutscene, and you'll notice that pose changes don't work right, and neither does moving the people. Then take out the ABS scripts, and you'll see the cutscene working fine.

http://celenath.com/DR/DR_Ver_Alpha.zip

BTW, in that project, I'm getting another error. Go to the map "Resistance Camp: North" (by setting the start position there), and the game will crash when the enemy is supposed to die.

Hellfire Dragon

Hey remember me? Hey I wanted to know is it possible to make a skill that would knock back an enemy a certain number of squares. I read the manual but I can't find anything about it :huh:

Blizzard

No. Map Battlers are knocked back 1 square after any attack, that's all that there is.

Cody64

QuoteLine 3749 in part 3 should be "sprite.select = 2". Remove that line to disable the blinking.

I've removed that line, but my corpses still blink :S

Blizzard

Line 4261:

@select = 2 if @character.is_a?(Drop_Event)

Remove it as well.

TLarch

August 13, 2008, 09:21:31 pm #656 Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:36:59 pm by TLarch
Hey Blizz,

As soon as I changed to ABS 1.99, my Transfer Player events don't work, and even without a graphic, they still act solid.

~TLarch

P.S.  I love the new manual setup.

Edit:  I created a new game with ABS and only put into it a transfer to the other side of the map.  Same result.

Blizzard

TLarch

Ugh.  Your's works fine of course.  I swapped out my code to make sure I pasted it right.  Then I swapped your game's code with my code.  Same result.   :???:

Here is my test game:  http://people.alfred.edu/~jam/BugProject1.zip

(Space = Select, Arrows = Movement)

~TLarch

Blizzard

How about making the event passable and trigger on touch? -_-